• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][8.1.0][WIP] LineageOS 15.1 for GT-I8190

Search This thread

X12345918

Jul 20, 2017
I like CM 10.2 as its very fast but I want this rom to be much faster than nougat as the phone was struggling with RROS nougat. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

I like saying ( Your ( probably expired ) warranty is now void) that is so funny as the phone is about 6 years old and still being in development.

Reactions: allrightlite

Catfish78

Feb 14, 2018
Hello,

for the people who will try to use their "i8200" for longer: get the mainboard of a i8190, it fits into the housing of a i8200. I took my i8190 with broken glass and the last rom, and put it into an i8200. Looks nearly like new now :) .

Regards

Grumpy Cat

Oct 23, 2015
If you're going to attempt to make a ROM you are going to need a lot of time and a lot of patience. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a version of Android One/Go for this device.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your (probably expired) warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

TWRP 2.8+ is recommended.

Flashing Instructions (if coming from another rom):
    • Make a nandroid Backup (seriously)
    • Wipe System, Data, and Cache
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GApps
    • [Optional] Flash SuperSU or Lineage Root addon

Update Instructions:
    • Make a nandroid Backup (seriously)
    • Flash ROM
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • Profit!

What works:
    • Booting
    • The screen

What doesn't work:
    • Everything else (most will be fixed next build)

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536992067

Sources:
    https://github.com/3liteking148/android_device_samsung_golden/tree/lineage-15.1
    https://github.com/3liteking148/android_kernel_samsung_golden/tree/oreo-dev
    https://github.com/3liteking148/android_hardware_u8500/tree/cm-14.1
    https://github.com/3liteking148/android_vendor_samsung_golden/tree/cm-14.1

Credits list:
    • @Meticulus - for original cm13 device tree
    • @ChronoMonochrome and SergeyL - oreo bringup in u8500 platform and Patches
    • @golden-guy - Kernel
    • @rINanDO - backports of oreo patches to 3.0.x kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1 for GT-I8190, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini

Contributors
    3liteking148
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2018-11-01
    Last Updated 2018-11-01
    Can't wait to see this ROM to be stable! God bless.
    If you're going to attempt to make a ROM you are going to need a lot of time and a lot of patience. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a version of Android One/Go for this device.
    I have an Android go phone for work and Android One for at home. Android go on my cheap as chips Nokia one works quite well with a slightly cut down Oreo and cut down google go edition apps. The bug bear with it is the aggressive memory management / task manager killing background apps. I have an Ace 2 which has very similar hardware as the s3 mini, Mali, NovaThor but lower spec which has Oreo and Pie developed for it on xda. These builds are highly optimized to work on ancient hardware probably more so than go editions. One edition thats a different beast i have this on my motorola one - full edition updates as they happen.
    Hello,

for the people who will try to use their "i8200" for longer: get the mainboard of a i8190, it fits into the housing of a i8200. I took my i8190 with broken glass and the last rom, and put it into an i8200. Looks nearly like new now :) .

Regards
    Hello, @3liteking!

I've been waiting for the next update of this rom for our device, S3 Mini. I know that this kinda hard for you to make some time to build a rom for this tiny little device. But you give us something to hold that our device will get a stable(not stable but usable) rom based on the android 8 because I think this phone can handle this version of android. I hope that you will see this. Please, last one favor for us user let us see our device running on this rom, once more.

Thank You!

Development for this device is dead. This ROM was also never updated since the first release which was over 2 years ago.