[ROM] [8.1.0_r20] AOSiP-8.1 for Nexus 5 [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

sskr_

Jul 18, 2016
Bhagalpur
Dr6rSI1.png

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on Googles AOSP Oreo source. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:
Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Paul Clark
Akhil Narang
Sri Harsha
Sean Grondin

Support/Community:
Full support is always on the top of the list. visit our AOSiP Google plus community for all your ROM needs. There we have all the latest links to gapps , layers , and other helpful communities. Or just stop and engage in off-topic fun.

Source code:
As the name states we are open source and encourage anyone to skim through the code. However the builds we release are not to be taken apart and parted out.
AOSiP Github

Latest Downloads:

AOSiP Hammerhead

Changelog:

You'll find it here AOSiP Gerrit Review

Credit/Thanks:
Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google
Dirty Unicorns
AICP
ABC Rom
Screwd
Omni
Krexus
Cyanogenmod
SlimRoms
ChainFire (SuperSU)
Beanstown106
Cory Collins
Any others i may have forgotten(sorry)
All our testers
@735BysaE

Donations:
Donations Are never asked but if you do it it will be generous on your part.
If you're feeling like we're deserving of a little tip please feel free to send it.

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSiP, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
Xaif, sskr_
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery, Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-12-01
Last Updated 2018-05-19

Attachments

• photo6127256840929650695.jpg
    photo6127256840929650695.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 14,623
  • photo6127256840929650696.jpg
    photo6127256840929650696.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 14,288
  • photo6127256840929650697.jpg
    photo6127256840929650697.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 14,122
  • photo6127256840929650698.jpg
    photo6127256840929650698.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 13,126
  • photo6127256840929650699.jpg
    photo6127256840929650699.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 12,941

sskr_

Jul 18, 2016
Bhagalpur
Reporting Bugs

DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Last edited:

Manish Salian

Aug 13, 2014
Thanks for this rom...everything is working perfect..except charging led is not working and I noticed that boot time is bit more than the previous build?...and one more thing I found is that options inside Status bar settings are empty..otherwise this rom is too good?

Xaif

Jan 26, 2014
Mumbai
xtremetricks.net
Thanks for this rom...everything is working perfect..except charging led is not working and I noticed that boot time is bit more than the previous build?...and one more thing I found is that options inside Status bar settings are empty..otherwise this rom is too good?
Yes, because it's still in beta stage :laugh:

More customization coming soon...

Kaemo

Oct 10, 2012
Is it possible to deactivate the navigation bar in this ROM? Oreo broke the build.prop "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" command, so systemUI repeatedly crashes after that. (On all ROMs I've tried so far, at least)

albinsuresh

Jan 16, 2015
Similarities to Xperience ROM

@Xaif Is this ROM somehow similar to the Xperience ROM? I'm asking this since you and @sskr_ are the contributors to both the projects and both ROMs are having similar versioning scheme as well (The 8.0.0_r32 bit). So I'm in a dilemma in choosing which one to flash. And just out of curiosity, why is this AOSiP 7.0 and NOT 8.0? Just a typo in the title or does it mean something more?

Xaif

Jan 26, 2014
Mumbai
xtremetricks.net
@Xaif Is this ROM somehow similar to the Xperience ROM? I'm asking this since you and @sskr_ are the contributors to both the projects and both ROMs are having similar versioning scheme as well (The 8.0.0_r32 bit). So I'm in a dilemma in choosing which one to flash. And just out of curiosity, why is this AOSiP 7.0 and NOT 8.0? Just a typo in the title or does it mean something more?

1. This is different ROM and There are more customization as compare to Xperience ROM.

2. 8.0.0_r32 bit, This is not a bit. This is the release version of Android 8.0.0. Release version of 8.0.0 is 32.

3. This is AOSiP Version 7.0. There are different versions of the ROM. If you have used AOSiP Nougat then the version is 6.0.

4. This is Android Oreo ROM and if you love customizations and AOSP ROM. You can flash this ROM on your phone. This is completely different ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dr6rSI1.png

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on Googles AOSP Oreo source. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:
    Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Paul Clark
    Akhil Narang
    Sri Harsha
    Sean Grondin

Support/Community:
    Full support is always on the top of the list. visit our AOSiP Google plus community for all your ROM needs. There we have all the latest links to gapps , layers , and other helpful communities. Or just stop and engage in off-topic fun.

Source code:
    As the name states we are open source and encourage anyone to skim through the code. However the builds we release are not to be taken apart and parted out.
    AOSiP Github

Latest Downloads:

AOSiP Hammerhead

Changelog:

You'll find it here AOSiP Gerrit Review

Credit/Thanks:
    Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google
    Dirty Unicorns
    AICP
    ABC Rom
    Screwd
    Omni
    Krexus
    Cyanogenmod
    SlimRoms
    ChainFire (SuperSU)
    Beanstown106
    Cory Collins
    Any others i may have forgotten(sorry)
    All our testers
    @735BysaE

Donations:
    Donations Are never asked but if you do it it will be generous on your part.
    If you're feeling like we're deserving of a little tip please feel free to send it.

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSiP, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    Xaif, sskr_
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery, Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-12-01
    Last Updated 2018-05-19
    Coming Soon :)
    All Right Crew! New Build is up!

03-Dec-2017

Changelog:

• Enabled Notification LED and Charging LED.
    • Some users had some bluetooth issues. Fixed and probably its working now.
    • Reduce minimum panel brightness.
    • Fix kernel panic
    • Bugs Fixes

Download from here: AOSiP 03/Dec/2017

Best Regards
    Xaif
    All Right Crew! New Build is Up!

Changelog 08-Dec-2017

• Merged Android 8.0.0_r35 Latest December Security Patch
    • Bugs Fixes

We have done some massive changes in this build. You might experience some battery draining issues. If you are getting issues of battery draining, I will suggest you to wait for somedays. You will get better performance after 3 to 5 days.

Volume Rocker to wake: I know a lot of users are asking for volume rocker to wake option because our nexus 5 is having power button issues. I am working on it and in somedays we will provide you the feature of Volume Rocker to Wake in AOSiP

Download Latest Build from here: Download AOSiP

Best Regards
    Xaif
    Is update coming ... ? i just want to flash this rom...

Yes, AOSiP Android 8.1 is coming this month.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone