• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM][8.1.0_r33][OFFICIAL] Cosmic-OS v3.2 - Pulsar

SaumyeMehrotra96

Apr 28, 2016
delhi
Well that's cleared up a particular annoyance.
Can you explain the obsession with GPS too?
well to be fair gps is a lot more important than volte and gps performance on mi5 is nothing to brag about. Even my 4 year old Nexus 4 performs better. I don't even bother with Google maps on my phone anymore unless i have to because most of the time it takes so long to lock my location, it's more annoying than helpful

bad6089

Dec 20, 2016
Hello guys. I have a problem with gapps. I installed gapps for 8.1 but i get an error "Google stopped working" and I cant use any google service, gmail etc. Any help?
if you currently use "GZR-GaPPs-arm64REv1-Zero-8.1-20171219.zip" try download "open_gapps-arm64-8.1-pico-20171209-UNOFFICIAL.zip" .I cant post link since I am newbie :fingers-crossed:

lusephur

Jan 20, 2009
well to be fair gps is a lot more important than volte and gps performance on mi5 is nothing to brag about. Even my 4 year old Nexus 4 performs better. I don't even bother with Google maps on my phone anymore unless i have to because most of the time it takes so long to lock my location, it's more annoying than helpful
I'm going to assume it's a location thing, as I've never had any problems with GPS where I am.

Sheldon Lv

Sep 15, 2017
Hey gays,I have a questions about Gapps: the official not have 8.1 there only have 8.0 how to install the Gapps? forgive for my bad grammar 我有一个问题关于Gapps:Gapps 的官网只有8.0版本的包 怎么安装到8.1上? 非官方的包作者也没有提供出来。。 如何安装8.1的Gapps?

Phil_Smith

Oct 16, 2015
I have a questions about Gapps: the official not have 8.1 there only have 8.0 how to install the Gapps? forgive for my bad grammar.
The bad or offending thing in your post is not the grammar. Could think of changing one word, as I think this is an honest mistake.

Have to search the web or other threads for solutions considering Oreo 8.1, until official packages are released.
Here is the latest one from today:
gapps_pico_unofficial_8.1_arm64

Last edited:

hans william

Jun 14, 2009
Jakata
Reactions: imagainstzy

Dzienny

Feb 11, 2016
Kalisz
@Dzienny audio source in usb configuration from developer settings not working
I will look into it in next update.

### New Update

Cosmic-OS by @Dzienny

https://sourceforge.net/projects/co...mini_8.1.0_20180114_3.1-OFFICIAL.zip/download

Changelog:
- fixed some bugs from previous version
- VoLTE should works fine now (big thanks to @bgcngm & @luca020400 & @DennySPB)
- Priima kernel update (audio should be fine now)
- Spectrum support

Known bugs:
- Button backlight change
- Recorder app (soundrecorder doesn't work, screenrecorder should be okay).
- Tell me if you find something

To "confirm" button backlight change disable and reenable buttons (Disable keys option). TEMP SOLUTION

To set your fingerprint as home button go to Settings > Galaxy > Buttons > Change Menu button settings (last "category")

Dzienny

Feb 11, 2016
Kalisz
Encryption failed !!
You must do a full factory reset
And i cant risk loosing my internal storage and my Backups
Any solution !?
Do backup and save on your PC. You must format data probably (I mean format data button, no section in advanced wipe). It will remove all your data.

VoLTE supposed to work now, can anyone confirm it is running just fine.?
Screenshot from one of Cosmic users in attachment. As far as i know volte calls work fine.

Attachments

Last edited:

ghoulie

Jun 10, 2010
Brisbane
Encryption failed !!
You must do a full factory reset
And i cant risk loosing my internal storage and my Backups
Any solution !?
I had this drama with another rom. Restore the backup of your existing Rom, then go to your PIN settings and look in there for require PIN on startup. This should let you setup an encryption PIN for use in TWRP and at startup.

Reactions: Dzienny