• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][8.1.0_r65][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-6.1 [cereus]

Search This thread

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Requirements:
Be sure to check the 2nd post, you'll find all the needed info and updates there.

Website
Download
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
GitHub
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM for Redmi 6, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 6

Contributors
JarlPenguin, SamarV-121, wulan17
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 10.2.8, 10.3.2 recommended

Version Information

Created 2019-07-09
Last Updated 2019-07-28

Che0063

Aug 19, 2018
:eek:eek:eek:eek:O Thank you so much for this!

Will flash tonight and run some tests.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Also, will there be updates to this ROM or is this it? Hoping for just a slice of pie, maybe? Since its open source, does that mean other people can provide patches to this? My android skills are limited to flashing and backing up only haha

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
Also, will there be updates to this ROM or is this it? Hoping for just a slice of pie, maybe? Since its open source, does that mean other people can provide patches to this? My android skills are limited to flashing and backing up only haha

Pie will come when the time comes. No point on focusing on Pie when we don't have a stable release yet.

Reactions: F4nno

Che0063

Aug 19, 2018
OK I'm writing this as I do it:

Was MIUI 10.3.2 as recommended. Also used TWRP 3.2.3-1020 by L.R.team
Wiped DATA, formatted data, then formatted Dalvik/ART Cache + system + cache, Flashed ROM, Flashed gapps pico. Reboot.

At first I got a bootloop, but then I rebooted into recovery and tried to reboot into fastboot, but then I "accidentally" rooted (believe it or not). And then I got to the splash screen. Then it said that "my vendor image does not match the system. Please flash the O11019 vendor image for your device." (This might be because of my root, MIUI gave a similar error (system error, etc)., I pressed OK, my phone started to encrypt itself, and then 30 seconds later, it rebooted.

First boot took 60 seconds only. Setup was easy and went smoothly.
Camera (picture+video), hotspot, all working. It seems to be stable. (Except fingerprint ofc) Calls working fine

Thank you so much for this! I will test battery life after installing greenify overnight.

Last edited:
Reactions: JarlPenguin

Che0063

Aug 19, 2018
EDIT:

I take this back. OUTGOING calls work fine, but INCOMING calls do not work. INCOMING and OUTGOING TEXTS (SMS) DO NOT work..

Sorry for the confusion. At the moment I can't see any more bugs. After I get CarbonROM setup and everything I'll make a full backup, then revert to MIUI for the moment.

Still, thank you for your development, I may search around the forums for a solution. This issue was common on other custom roms for ther edmi 6

One more edit: Apparantly LTE was causing issues. I changed to 3G and everything is fixed. But now I can't select LTE again. (Mobile Network>Preferred Network Type)

Last edited:

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
EDIT:

I take this back. OUTGOING calls work fine, but INCOMING calls do not work. INCOMING and OUTGOING TEXTS (SMS) DO NOT work..

Sorry for the confusion. At the moment I can't see any more bugs. After I get CarbonROM setup and everything I'll make a full backup, then revert to MIUI for the moment.

Still, thank you for your development, I may search around the forums for a solution. This issue was common on other custom roms for ther edmi 6

One more edit: Apparantly LTE was causing issues. I changed to 3G and everything is fixed. But now I can't select LTE again. (Mobile Network>Preferred Network Type)

LTE should be fixed in the next build, I guess. However CarbonROM isn't updating their Oreo sources anymore, so...

Reactions: F4nno

jgbertoldo

Dec 18, 2016
Capão da Canoa
Thank you Dev!!! Firts custom rom for us love Redmi 6 (cereus)? WOW!!! I hope that the P22 MTK processor has evolved from its predecessors and we have several stable roms for our beloved redmi.

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
How about vendor android 9 china beta?
As I said, Android Pie will be here in due time.
Thank you Dev!!! Firts custom rom for us love Redmi 6 (cereus)? WOW!!! I hope that the P22 MTK processor has evolved from its predecessors and we have several stable roms for our beloved redmi.
No, it hasn't evolved at all. We had to apply lots of hacks to get RIL working...
When there will be a new version?
When I post it here.

JosifBoga666

Apr 7, 2017
Do i NEED to be on miui 10.3.2 to install this rom properly? If so can anyone give me the link to download the miui 10.3.2 rom?

BTW I'm currently running OmniRom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
    5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Requirements:
    Be sure to check the 2nd post, you'll find all the needed info and updates there.

Website
    Download
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM for Redmi 6, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 6

Contributors
    JarlPenguin, SamarV-121, wulan17
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 10.2.8, 10.3.2 recommended

Version Information

Created 2019-07-09
    Last Updated 2019-07-28
    Hi

Bootloop... Unlocked, 10.3.3 miui. Flashed with twrp 3.3 LR.

Regards.
    As I said, 10.3.2 is the recommended vendor.

As I do not have the device myself I cannot debug the fingerprint issue easily.
    How to install the rom. HOW???

Please don't waste others' time.

Pie will come when the time comes. No point on focusing on Pie when we don't have a stable release yet.
    OK I'm writing this as I do it:

Was MIUI 10.3.2 as recommended. Also used TWRP 3.2.3-1020 by L.R.team
    Wiped DATA, formatted data, then formatted Dalvik/ART Cache + system + cache, Flashed ROM, Flashed gapps pico. Reboot.

At first I got a bootloop, but then I rebooted into recovery and tried to reboot into fastboot, but then I "accidentally" rooted (believe it or not). And then I got to the splash screen. Then it said that "my vendor image does not match the system. Please flash the O11019 vendor image for your device." (This might be because of my root, MIUI gave a similar error (system error, etc)., I pressed OK, my phone started to encrypt itself, and then 30 seconds later, it rebooted.

First boot took 60 seconds only. Setup was easy and went smoothly.
    Camera (picture+video), hotspot, all working. It seems to be stable. (Except fingerprint ofc) Calls working fine

Thank you so much for this! I will test battery life after installing greenify overnight.