• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][8.1][Android Open Kang Project For Huawei P8 Lite][Update 23/07/2018]

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fcamo.githubusercontent.com%2F75167e8c3aa645b3d996dbbd1bd7b494cb045e52%2F687474703a2f2f616f6b702e636f2f696d616765732f636d732d696d616765732f3130362e706e67
    Welcome to Android Open Kang Project!
    ROM Version: 8.0
    Device: Alice
    Maintainer: XTutorials
    Build Status: UNOFFICIAL​

Disclaimer:
    Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
     * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

What is AOKP?
    AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.​

What's Working:
    -Touchscreen
    -MTP
    -ADB
    -External-SD with exFAT support
    -Dual SIM Support
    -Wi-Fi
    -GPS
    -Screen Recorder
    -Audio
    -Video Playback
    -Deep Sleep - UNTESTED!

What's working PARTIALLY:
    -Disable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth scanning On Settings->Location to fix : deep-sleep issue!
    -Enable Look screen "On Call Proximity" to prevent accidental touch during calls!
    -Use Footej Camera to record video up to 1080p!
    -YouTube 720p60fps works in ~20fps-- but it might work with some third-party YouTube apps or use YouTube in Web Browser
    -RIL may stop working after a reboot
    -There might be other minor issues

What's not Working:
    -Encryption
    -Bluetooth
    -NFC
    -Sensors
    -Off-mode charging
    -Single SIM support
    -VoLTE

Installation:
    -It is mandatory to update your device to EMUI 4.1 B895/B896! (otherwise RIL won't work correctly)
    -Copy ROM and Gapps to your SD-Card
    -Reboot to TWRP 3.1.0-0
    -Make factory reset (or clean wipe, more recomended)
    -Flash B895/B896 Update if not installed already! (if yes, skip this step!)
    -Restore your recovery(TWRP) because installing B895/B896 update overwrites it and if you don't make this step you'll be stuck with stock recovery until you'll flash it again.
    -Make a factory reset wipe
    -Flash ROM and Gapps
    -Reboot and enjoy!

Downloads:

Credits:
    -KirinMix Team (me, @AymenDe7, @warrenlobo)
    -OpenKirin Team (@surdu_petru , @XePeleato , @OldDroid)
    -dotOS Team​

Source Code:

Blobs: https://github.com/KirinMixTeam/android_device_huawei_hi6210sft/tree/AOKP-8
    Kernel: https://github.com/OpenKirin/android_kernel_huawei_hi6210sft/tree/oreo
    Vendor: https://github.com/OpenKirin/android_vendor_huawei_alice/tree/8.1​

REPORTING BUGS/PROBLEMS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, feel free to tell me or, if possible, send me a logcat and I'll see what I can do!

Regards,​

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Kang Project, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    XTutorials
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 4.1
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2018-07-20
    Last Updated 2018-07-22
    Once more bugs will be fixed on oreo I will update it. I won't work on fixing source bugs anymore. Sorry.
    Regards,
    Update 22/07/2018!

Update 22/07/2018!
    Changelog:

-Finnaly made it to boot successfully

Download:​
    aokp_alice_oreo__2018-07-22

Note: The only thing I did to this update is to use OpenKirin's RROS 6 boot.img. This way it boots with no problem. I really hope OpenKirin doesn't mind doing that, but if they do I'll probably remove this update. I could've fixed the boot problem the "hard" way, but since oreo for this device is just in experimental-phase I won't waste more time(and money, since I'm using Google Cloud Platform) on fixing this problem.​

Credits:
    ROM Tester & Photos: @victoriordachi

Regards,​

Photos of device running the ROM:
    I guess that you still need a device to test before to release any custom ROM Android 8.0/8.1, or at least a few testers to check your ROM previously :)

It's not enough to build without issues the whole source code - because the resulting ROM may refused to boot for different reasons !
    Note: The only thing I did to this update is to use OpenKirin's RROS 6 boot.img. This way it boots with no problem. I really hope OpenKirin doesn't mind doing that, but if they do I'll probably remove this update. I could've fixed the boot problem the "hard" way, but since oreo for this device is just in experimental-phase I won't waste more time(and money, since I'm using Google Cloud Platform) on fixing this problem.​

You are welcome to use whatever you want from my ROM's or source code :)