[ROM][8.1][EOL] Lineage 15.1 | BETA 2 | Development & Discussion | 26/05/2018

4sk4li

Mar 11, 2018
BETA 2!

Finally got some time to finish this build...
DOWNLOAD
Biggest change is video recording fully fixed...livedisplay unfortunately still not fixed...

Didn't really test this much, so use at your own risk...

This is gonna be last build by kj77 and me.
Thanks to everyone who used our builds. See you at some other device forum! :)
Hi,
Thank you for this rom. Do you work on release LineageOS 16 for Xperia M2?

f2065

Sep 5, 2007
Moscow
f2065.ru
BTW latest manifest I used.
<project path="kernel/sony/msm8226" name="android_kernel_sony_msm8226" revision="oreo-test" remote="kj77" />
@galaxyfreak, @Konstantinosj77

Some important changes in the kernel for camera have not been published.
Maybe this fix does not even apply to the camera, but it affects the operation of the video camera.

We tried to build the firmware for all these sources (oreo-test, oreo2) - and with the video camera we have the same bug as in the sgspluss builds (the sequence of frames is broken and the picture jerks heavily).

We tried to decompile
Code:
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] libcamera_client.so libcamera_metadata.so libcamera2ndk.so libcameraservice.so
and compare the texts made source. The difference turned out to be only in libcamera_metadata, but it does not affect the problem with the camera (it affects the hang when the recording is stopped, but with this, everything is clear).

We tried to compare all build.prop, xml and other configuration files. Their transfer did not help.
We tried to unpack and compare the components of boot.img, its configuration files did not help either.
The problem is solved only by copying zImage (copying the entire boot.img also solves the problem).

Experiments:
Firmware sgspluss 20180722 + zImage Konstantinosj77 20180217 = camcorder writes a damaged video.
Firmware sgspluss 20180722 + zImage Konstantinosj77 20180412 = camcorder writes a damaged video.
Firmware sgspluss 20180722 + zImage Konstantinosj77 20180514 = camcorder writes a normal video.
Firmware sgspluss 20180722 + zImage sgspluss 20180722 = camcorder writes a damaged video.

This bug is not related to the rollback of 2 commits as indicated there - (https://forum.xda-developers.com/xp...evelopment-t3669915/post76824503#post76824503) - «To get video recording back up, you need to revert two March 27 commits here». After all, in zImage 20180217 these commits are also not! But there is a bug with video in zImage 20180217.

What else needs to be fixed for the normal operation of the camcorder?

upd: We decompiled and partially compared the asm-source codes of kernel…
At the kernel where the camcorder works fine - msm8226/drivers/media/platform/msm/vidc/msm_vidc.c is very different

Last edited:
Reactions: basem_ym

AzE0loX0

Nov 15, 2017
Can i please get this latest build?

Hi can i get this latest build please? I've no acces to the download via this link.
Best regards.

BETA 2!

Finally got some time to finish this build...
DOWNLOAD
Biggest change is video recording fully fixed...livedisplay unfortunately still not fixed...

Didn't really test this much, so use at your own risk...

This is gonna be last build by kj77 and me.
Thanks to everyone who used our builds. See you at some other device forum! :)