[ROM][8.1][ LineageOS 15.1 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ][Update 07/03/2021]

tek3195

Aug 19, 2017
Panama City FL.
I have found that the only successful way I 'recovered' an SD card that I had tried to format for adoptable storage was to re-partition in on a PC, using Partition Magic or similar software, then put back in the tablet and format as portable, not adoptable storage.

Also, make sure you are using the correct TWRP as posted in the OP.
Yeah, that's what we were doing in the beginning with this rom. I always use gparted to fix sdcard. This time that did not work and before I don't recall it rebooting to bootloader or seeing that message. I don't know that anything was wrong with the sdcard, I actually just swapped it out with a fresh spare. The problem seemed to be strictly internal as after re-flashing everything and booting successfully, I replaced sdcard with first one and it formatted the first partition external and didn't touch the third. Now that I think about it I don't remember if there was a second for android_meta or not. Keep in mind I was partitioning the card and not just formating it. I mainly posted this experience to share the screenshot in case that info may be useful at some point.

Reactions: friedsonjm

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
@surdu_petru can you take a look at this to help me determine why I am getting bootloop. It is a soft reboot, hot boot, or UI reboot or whatever it is being called now. It boots the UI for about 3 seconds and goes back to boot animation screen. https://www.mediafire.com/file/kxri7kkhjhwa2a3/logcat.txt/file
You have some AndroidRuntime FATAL EXCEPTION and this one "E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14): Could not open database" seems that /data it's not accesible on your device .
My advice is to clean /data maybe format /data into TWRP and try to make a clean install lafter for LOS !

I can't help you with more because I don't know exactly under what conditions you have these issues.
Also a logcat should be taken immediately ( even before with a few seconds ) when the boot animation start ... and let like that until the device boot or restart !

tek3195

Aug 19, 2017
Panama City FL.
You have some AndroidRuntime FATAL EXCEPTION and this one "E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14): Could not open database" seems that /data it's not accesible on your device .
My advice is to clean /data maybe format /data into TWRP and try to make a clean install lafter for LOS !

I can't help you with more because I don't know exactly under what conditions you have these issues.
Also a logcat should be taken immediately ( even before with a few seconds ) when the boot animation start ... and let like that until the device boot or restart !
Sorry, I should have given a bit more detail. It was a clean install with no issues about three days ago. Today I was using the tablet as a Roku remote every couple of hours. When I picked it up to use I seen the last part of boot animation, homepage thru lockscreen and then back to boot animation. Been using off and on for the last three days which was good length of time for mine as I still get random reboots to e-recovery. The erecovery reboots don't require any action for recovery, just reboot button from erecovery menu and it boots. It never does that while I'm using it, I always find it in erecovery when powering the screen on. This was different from random reboots as this one was looping while the others boot on first try. I pulled the logcat when I did to try and capture what was happenning then. Couldn't get one any other way, the whole loop is about a 3 second cycle never breaking adb connection. If I had tried a clean boot, logcat would have done no good for current issue. It was not an installation error or a normal boot issue, it was UI issue over 72 hours in use. Anyway I tried wiping dalvik in twrp and got almost thru device setup and it done another UI restart. Settings to that point were still there, wifi still connected and in the process of restoring apps. Finishing setup with fingerprint and got another restart. Went ahead and booted recovery and wiped for factory reset. It's running again like normal, just don't know haw long that will last.

Reactions: surdu_petru

mogulman01

Jun 11, 2009
Had some surgery, so I was stuck at home for the last few weeks. Decided to root my device BTV-W09 today. Took an hour or so, but got it all done. Working great!!! I really want 17/10, but thought this would be good practice. I'll definitely donate once 17/10 gets more stable.

Reactions: surdu_petru

Joe3Stix

Dec 4, 2018
First of all, THANK YOU! to @surdu_petru and all the others that have contributed to this effort! Now that my BTV-W09 is running this build, it's actually usable again!

I'm trying to disable vibration (haptic) during typing. I've turned off the switch in settings, as well as the vibrate on tap switch, but the only way I've been able to completely disable this is to put the device in "Do not disturb (total silence)" mode. Am I missing something?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
New Update LOS 15.1 !

Hello !

There is a new update of LineageOS 15.1 for our device ... like always, please check OP for downloads !

Changelog:
  • update security patch to : January 5, 2021
  • kernel updated to 4.4.130
  • fixed microSD format issues
  • partially fixed Hardware video decoder by using Huawei video codecs
  • set default cfq ioscheduler instead raw

Last edited:

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
New Update LOS 15.1 !

Hello !

There is a new update of LineageOS 15.1 for our device ... like always, please check OP for downloads !

Changelog:
Hi, I was surprised to see that you updated 15.1 as I thought they were not enough users to continue updates. Are you going to continue updating 17.1? If not, you know if it is possible to use the TWRP from 17.1 to restore a 15.1 backup?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi, I was surprised to see that you updated 15.1 as I thought they were not enough users to continue updates. Are you going to continue updating 17.1? If not, you know if it is possible to use the TWRP from 17.1 to restore a 15.1 backup?
If you didn't backup product partitions using twrp 3.3.1-0, then you can use twrp 3.3.1-1 to restore LOS 15.1 !

EDIT :

Yes, sure ... I'll continue working on LOS 17.1 ... I just updated LOS 15.1 only because I didn't want to let this ROM unfinished !
Peoples have now a viable alternative to stock Huawei EMUI by using LOS 15.1

accerian

May 31, 2010
New Update LOS 15.1 !

Hello !

Changelog:

Wow! Surdu_petru you've made it !
Now YouTube works without a hitch with 720p60 and 1080p60
After using magisk hide and changing props to mate 20 pro Netflix installed from play store and I can download inside app without an issue
Antutu for first time went through without an issue

GPU performance jumped to over 25K
And 3Dmark is now showing that this build is fastest build ever

ATM tablet is supper snappy and every thing works nice

As always thank you for your superb work

Attachments

thunderz1

Jun 18, 2011
@surdu_petru Thanks again for the continued support and amazing work with this ROM!

The latest build is working well except I am experiencing the previously reported problem connecting a Bluetooth keyboard. Is there any workaround or can we help provide any further information? Thanks again!

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Wow! Surdu_petru you've made it !
Now YouTube works without a hitch with 720p60 and 1080p60
After using magisk hide and changing props to mate 20 pro Netflix installed from play store and I can download inside app without an issue
Antutu for first time went through without an issue

GPU performance jumped to over 25K
And 3Dmark is now showing that this build is fastest build ever

ATM tablet is supper snappy and every thing works nice

As always thank you for your superb work
Thanks !

I'm glad to see that youtube it's working without issue ... and this is due to the fact that I finally managed to use the stock codecs from Huawei.

On the other hand I guess this will be the last update of LOS 15.1, as there is low used/interest here ! Only six users still use LOS 15.1 according to the last two updates - a few more posts ago I stipulated exactly under what conditions LOS 15.1 will be updated monthly with the latest security patches - for now that condition is not met, and due to low interest, unfortunatly this ROM will not benefit from any update in the future !

MVelte

Dec 2, 2020
Thanks a lot for the effort you have put into keeping this fantastic device up-to-date!
I fully understand your plan to move on to LOS 17.1, yet with the camera being usable for taking videos I still prefer this version.
Can you imagine a working camera in LOS 17.1 for our device in the near future?

Best regards and keep up the good work

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Thanks a lot for the effort you have put into keeping this fantastic device up-to-date!
I fully understand your plan to move on to LOS 17.1, yet with the camera being usable for taking videos I still prefer this version.
Can you imagine a working camera in LOS 17.1 for our device in the near future?

Best regards and keep up the good work
For me there is no problem to continue updating LOS 15.1 each month with the new security patch ... as long as the condition placed in an older post will be respected !

I can't spend my time building & uploading a new update only for 3 users which still use LOS 15.1 ! Please look the previously post where I released the last update of LOS 15.1 - and you'll see that there is only 3 users which use this ROM ! You will also see in the post where I launched the penultimate update, there are only three users who use this ROM.

About camera working on LOS 17.1 ... it is too early to give you a definitive answer !

Reactions: friedsonjm

ralawa

Jun 15, 2007
Strasbourg
Thank you @surdu_petru for your great job. I'm using your ROM since only one week and I'm very happy to see my tablet working well again.

How do you know how many people use your ROM? Is it based on number of likes of your post? I'm not sure It reflects reality. Maybe, number of downloads is more true.

Regards.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Thank you @surdu_petru for your great job. I'm using your ROM since only one week and I'm very happy to see my tablet working well again.

How do you know how many people use your ROM? Is it based on number of likes of your post? I'm not sure It reflects reality. Maybe, number of downloads is more true.

Regards.
You may be right, although many may install the latest update and then return to stock , so in this case the number of downloads are also irrelevant.

As you can see I didn't ask too much efort for you all that still using LOS15.1 ( I did not ask for donations, I did not ask you to post at least a few words about the new update of each user - maybe time will not allow this and in this case I agree with you )

I just wanted every user who still uses LOS 15.1 to leave a mark on the last update post, to be easier for me to track.

Thank you very much for your understanding !

EDIT:

The same policy was applied on the MediaPad M3 Lite 8/10 (Snapdragon version) of LOS 17.1 - and this is due to the fact that I no longer use this tablet and I could give up any time to release new updates.

But as you can see here on the last update ... I can easily see that at least 12 more users are still using this ROM, so they deserve a new update.

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
@surdu_petru Thanks again for the continued support and amazing work with this ROM!

The latest build is working well except I am experiencing the previously reported problem connecting a Bluetooth keyboard. Is there any workaround or can we help provide any further information? Thanks again!

Please give me some more time, I'm very busy these days , and the little free time which I have will be dedicated to LOS 17.1.

I'll send a PM as soon as I'll be ready to help you ... Of course I'll just try, I don't promise to find a solution for sure. Thanks !