[ROM][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 for P8 Lite

Search This thread

razorfancy

Apr 19, 2013
Porto
@masemoel @DarkJoker360 The zip file gave this error when I tried to flash it:

"E3004: this package is for device: hi6210sft,alice ; this device is ." and then gives me error 7.

I was able to fix it by extracting the zip file and going to the updater-script file that is in the "META-INF\com\google\android" folder and remove everything before this line:

ui_print("Target: Huawei/ALE-L21/hwALE-H:6.0/HuaweiALE-L21/C432B596:user/release-keys");

In terms of the ROM the SIM card sometimes was detect after the phone boot but other times it didnt but I never got the Black Screen bug that LOS 15.1 had.

In terms of bugs I found a weird minor Play Store bug(I tried with OpenGapps Pico and Nano), when I install apps from Play Store it almost never crashes but when I go to the Play Store option to see the installed apps or the Library option where I can see all the apps I previous installed the Play Store constantly crashes.

Also when I try the regular version of the Opera Browser it always ends up causing the system UI to restart.

Right now I am charging my phone, later today or max tomorrow I will upload the fixed zip version of ROM and post the link here so other people can test it.

@masemoel It would be great if you create a Thread for crDroid Oreo ROM so I dont have to post the bugs I found of this ROM in this LOS15.1 thread.

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén

"E3004: this package is for device: hi6210sft,alice ; this device is ." and then gives me error 7.

I was able to fix it by extracting the zip file and going to the updater-script file that is in the "META-INF\com\google\android" folder and remove everything before this line:

ui_print("Target: Huawei/ALE-L21/hwALE-H:6.0/HuaweiALE-L21/C432B596:user/release-keys");

In terms of the ROM the SIM card sometimes was detect after the phone boot but other times it didnt but I never got the Black Screen bug that LOS 15.1 had.

In terms of bugs I found a weird minor Play Store bug(I tried with OpenGapps Pico and Nano), when I install apps from Play Store it almost never crashes but when I go to the Play Store option to see the installed apps or the Library option where I can see all the apps I previous installed the Play Store constantly crashes.

Also when I try the regular version of the Opera Browser it always ends up causing the system UI to restart.

Right now I am charging my phone, later today or max tomorrow I will upload the fixed zip version of ROM and post the link here so other people can test it.

@masemoel It would be great if you create a Thread for crDroid Oreo ROM so I dont have to post the bugs I found of this ROM in this LOS15.1 thread.
You should use this TWRP by persona78 to flash Oreo

No need to regenerate the updater-script with this recovery 😁

Reactions: razorfancy

razorfancy

Apr 19, 2013
Porto
You should use this TWRP by persona78 to flash Oreo

No need to regenerate the updater-script with this recovery 😁
Ok I will try that TWRP version, currently I am using the TWRP from OpenKirin:

But did you experience any of the other bugs I reported in my previous post?

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén

Ok I will try that TWRP version, currently I am using the TWRP from OpenKirin:

But did you experience any of the other bugs I reported in my previous post?
I've had those issues with Play Store too and it's pretty weird. I can't tell you if it's Play Store error or not.
The soft reboots are due to camera constantly crashing in the background; it lags the device a lot. It will be fixed soon

Reactions: razorfancy

razorfancy

Apr 19, 2013
Porto
I've had those issues with Play Store too and it's pretty weird. I can't tell you if it's Play Store error or not.
The soft reboots are due to camera constantly crashing in the background; it lags the device a lot. It will be fixed soon
Disabling the camera app with something like Link2SD temporarily fixes that problem?
Also please when you have time create a Thread for the crDroid Oreo ROM.

razorfancy

Apr 19, 2013
Porto
Yes, it's worth uninstalling the camera app with Link2SD.
I will create the post when I feel it's time to publish on xda

Is not just the Camera app(I uninstall it) there is some bug that makes some games and apps to crash and that causes the system UI to reboot and even shows the bootanimation.

I tried 4 games: Adventure of Jabber, Beach Buggy Racing, Dan the Man: Action Platformer and Jewel Mash

Only Beach Buggy Racing worked fine the other 3 gave me the System UI reboot problem.

+ when I try to use regular version of the Opera Browser it also gave me the System UI reboot problem.

Other bug that I found was with Microsoft Edge it crashed(only the app crashed not the system UI) when I open it but I was able to fix it by changing the dp value from 360 to 399 , now the app still crashes but only when I try to login with my Microsoft account.

razorfancy

Apr 19, 2013
Porto
@masemoel For now the ROM is not usable for me, too many apps crash, the Youtube app crash is very weird, the app opens fine but when I try to close it, it gives me the System UI reboot problem I mention before.

I also try the 4 games I mention before with the ROM without the Camera app and without any Gapps and still only Beach Buggy Racing worked fine the other 3 gave me the System UI reboot problem.

The good thing about the ROM is that I didnt get even once the Black Screen problem that the LOS15.1 ROM had.

If this apps crashes get fixed the ROM will be very usable, looking forward for this ROM next build.

Thx @masemoel and @DarkJoker360 for your hard work to try make Android Oreo possible for our device.

Last edited:
Reactions: masemoel

razorfancy

Apr 19, 2013
Porto
Hi @masemoel , I just tested your new build:

This new build is working great, I didnt got the system UI reboot bug even once.

The only bugs I report that still are present with this new build are:

Microsoft Edge it crashes after it starts(only the app crashed not the system UI) but I was able to fix it by changing the dp value from 360 to 399

Play Store crash only when I go to the option to see the installed apps or the Library option where I can see all the apps I previous installed the Play Store.

After the system boot the SIM card sometimes was detect other times wasnt but that isnt a major problem for me, I just do a couple of reboots until it works.

This new build is great, I am using it for daily use now, thx for your and @DarkJoker360 hard work.

Edit: After some testing I found a bug in this ROM related to calls where the person I am talking with will have a deep voice and they cant hear me so I dont recommend use this ROM until this issue gets fixed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.androidblog.it%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F02%2FLineageOS-15.1-620x311.png

LineageOS 15.1 for Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21/23/02) & (CHM-U01/U03)

*** Beta Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.[/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb / Mtp
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Wifi  
    * NFC
    * Camera
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* RIL
    * Bluetooth
    * Sensors[/CENTER]

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must also have this recovery version installed :  [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/p8lite/orig-development/twrp-t3583180"]TWRP[/URL]
    * go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache/cust) !
    * install LineageOS ROM 
    * boot the rom
    * reboot in TWRP and flash gapps and root (optional)
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
    Code:
    [CENTER]* copy the new update of LineageOS to Internal/External Storage
    * reboot device to :  [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/p8lite/orig-development/twrp-t3583180"]TWRP[/URL]
    * wipe cache & dalvik cache
    * install the new update of LineageOS
    * reboot to System
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    [URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P8%20Lite/Oreo/LineageOS-15.1/"]Lineage 15.1[/URL]
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL] 
    [URL="tiny.cc/latestmagisk"]Magisk[/URL][/CENTER]

Credits
    @surdu_petru
    @meticulus

Kernel Source: android_kernel_huawei_hi6210sft

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​
    Reserved

Some news about oreo: well as I can see it s pretty hard to have oreo stable as nougat but I won't give up on this, for now here is a test version. I hope to fix something more soon.

Off-charge is working!
    New LineageOS 15.1 Update !
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F2zS0Xzc3uCosCW49VVzhs1P7L9A%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.androidblog.it%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2018%252F02%252FLineageOS-15.1-620x311.png

Changelog
    Code:
    [CENTER]* November 2019 security pacthes
    * Updated to latest LineageOS 15.1 source code
    * Fixed flashing errors
    * Fixed vendor mismatch error at boot
    * Fixed Hardware composer
    * Fixed UI lags
    * Fixed graphic glitches
    * Improved RIL stability(It is still buggy but this time it will stop working rarerly and it will work after a reboot)
    * Fixed Hotspot permissions(it still gives "error" tho)
    [/CENTER]

NOTE: I am not sure that I can fix issues in this rom, I am doing my best !

Check OP for more info and download !​
    And yo... This is not dead, more news to come soon !
    New LineageOS 15.1 update !

https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F2zS0Xzc3uCosCW49VVzhs1P7L9A%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.androidblog.it%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2018%252F02%252FLineageOS-15.1-620x311.png

Changelog
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Synced with latest LineageOS source code
    * Updated to February 2020 security patches
    * Defined vendor security patch level
    * Fixed rild selinux denial
    * Set "Huawei P8 Lite" a device name
    * Enabled malloc svelte
    * Used Android GO configurations
    * Dexpreopt updates
    * Wifi updates
    * Set PRODUCT_AAPT_PREBUILT_DPI for prebuilt dpi-specific apks selection
    * Declared audio and media volume steps
    * dex2oat updates
    * Fixed Display HWC color transformation
    * Fixed dark pics made using flash
    * Fixed USSD
    * Fixed mute in call
    * Fixed signal indicator
    * Enabled call recording
    * Disabled automatic brightness by default
    * Fixed Adb
    * Fixed Night Light[/CENTER]

NOTE: Radio fixes (ussd, signal, etc) are working only when ril is available of course, no ril fully fixed yet ! Also I can' t test Adb due to my broken connector, please let me know if it is working.

Check OP for more info and download !
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone