• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [8.1] LineageOS 15.1 [POLLUX/POLLUX_WINDY][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Tonyy24

Sep 3, 2010
@CaHbKaUp or anyone else, can you please tell me if this rom has overclocking enabled/ability to increase the freqs for the cpu/gpu, like the 14.1 rom? I'm currently on the 14.1 rom, using oc with kernel adiutor for that little bit of extra performance, I'm mostly fine with the build, but Youtube 60fps videos stutter a lot and from what I saw, the 15.1 rom should fix. I would install it but I want to know if I can raise the freqs just like in 14.1, since every bit of extra performance helps with this old tablet.

Tonnyy24

Dec 29, 2014
Edit: nevermind, I installed Lineage OS 15.1, the overclocking options are available in Kernel auditor, weird thing is that the benchmark scores in Geekbench 4/3Dmark Icestorm Extreme are ~10% lower with the same settings compared to 14.1 version. Sadly, the most important thing for me, Youtube 1080p 60fps clips still stutter like hell :( Was hoping it will be fixed with this rom version, but it seems not. Anyways, thank you for your work, it's still something to have Android 8.1 on this old tablet.

Tonyy24

Sep 3, 2010
The problem is not in ROM, but in youtube app itself.
Try youtube vanced.
That's exactly what I am using, Youtube vanced. Stutters like hell in 1080p60fps regardless of codec avc/vp9. And I figured out why the benchmark scores are lower compared to the Los 14. 1 rom, the gpu overclocking isn't working, I can select 487mhz gpu but it' s only visual, it won't clock higher than 320mhz. The cpu oc is working fine...

Tonnyy24

Dec 29, 2014
As a matter of fact, I did tried that kernel, lots of it's versions, in the past 2 hrs. Sadly, any kernel update newer than "pollux_windy-2018-09-02"( the first available [email protected] https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904000420 ), is broken as in, I'm getting drawing artifacts (lags/stutter/frame drops) when scrolling, even in games ( just like here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...pollux_windy-2020-10-07.3839726/post-83373841 ) and all of them also have the same issues with Youtube 1080p60fps and gpu overclocking in Kernel Adiutor. I don't really want to switch back to Los 14.1, despite being better overall in terms of performance, guess I'll stick with this one until maybe the Los 16.1 rom will be more stable.

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
More and more videos on youtube are using new av1 codec instead of the vp9, especially high resolution and 60fps ones.
Tablet Z SOC doesn't have support of hardware acceleration of decoding of such videos, so stutter will be unavoidable.

Also performance of gpu on stock rom is comparable with custom ROMs with overclock because, proprietary gpu drivers Sony uses in it's stock firmware are more efficient, than open source ones used in custom ROMs.

So for games or graphics stock ROM is preferable.

Tonnyy24

Dec 29, 2014
More and more videos on youtube are using new av1 codec instead of the vp9, especially high resolution and 60fps ones.
Tablet Z SOC doesn't have support of hardware acceleration of decoding of such videos, so stutter will be unavoidable.

Also performance of gpu on stock rom is comparable with custom ROMs with overclock because, proprietary gpu drivers Sony uses in it's stock firmware are more efficient, than open source ones used in custom ROMs.

So for games or graphics stock ROM is preferable.
I see. Thank for your reply. I remember scoring around 6200points in 3dmark icestorm extreme with the stock android and between 6700-7600points with the custom roms depending on cpu/gpu overclocking. Was thinking that game performance should also be better than with the stock rom because of that, can't exactly relate though since I don't often play lately on this tablet. But I was hoping for smooth 1080p60fps playback on youtube with this rom, that's the main reason I decided to switch from Los 14.1 to 15.1. Funny thing is that 1080p50fps videos work without any issues, both on 14.1 and 15.1 roms...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an Unofficial builds for Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Wi-Fi.
    About ROM
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.x (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation
    • Download the latest build
    • Place ROM in your SD card or Internal Storage
    • Reboot into recovery mode
    • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended)
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    Downloads
    Pollux: AFH
    Pollux_windy: AFH
    Recommended Recovery (optional)
    Gapps (optional)
    OpenGapps (ARM/Android-8.x): http://opengapps.org
    Sources

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1 for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Contributors
    CaHbKaUp, CyberWalkMaN, Daedroza, Chippa_a, AdrianDC
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-06-17

Created 2018-01-15
    Last Updated 2019-06-17
    New update build 2018/07/08
    Changes:
    • July 2018 Android security patch
    Last build includes following fixes:
    - camcorder (special thanks to @AdrianDC and Milos Ratkovic <[email protected]>)
    - youtube 60fps video issue
    - include exfat driver
    New update build 2018/08/16
    Changes:
    • August 2018 Android security patch
    • Offline charger UI WIP
    New update build 2018/06/23
    Changes:
    • New kernel exFAT support
    • SEPolicy enforced by default
    • June 2018 Android security patch