[ROM][8.1]LineageOS Z4Tablet[SGP712/SGP771]

Search This thread

xperiefon

Mar 9, 2020
What twrp do you use? Are you sure you edited two lines. Check archive after modifying updater sqript.

I managed to install it, my problem was being able to generate a valid zip file format with 7zip.
I'm using TWRP 3.1.1, I also installed the previous rom after editing the updater script.
Dirty Flash caused freezing and bootloop, I did a clean install, everything seems to be working fine, no problem with youtube, picture adjusment in livedisplay is working.

Thanks again for the updated rom.

alex009988

Jun 8, 2011
I managed to install it, my problem was being able to generate a valid zip file format with 7zip.
I'm using TWRP 3.1.1, I also installed the previous rom after editing the updater script.
Dirty Flash caused freezing and bootloop, I did a clean install, everything seems to be working fine, no problem with youtube, picture adjusment in livedisplay is working.

Thanks again for the updated rom.
Do you need new version, with fully-working live-display?

xperiefon

Mar 9, 2020
Do you need new version, with fully-working live-display?

I don't really need it, I'm using third party app to dim the screen.
Maybe for the other users, it's always good to have an up to date build and live-display should be useful and also help with the energy consumption compared with alternative apps which can increase battery drain.

Thanks

1GTRBG

Mar 23, 2016
Plovdiv
lineage-17.1-20200620-UNOFFICIAL-karin.zip
Great work guys, thank you!
After clean install everything works flawless

alex009988

Jun 8, 2011
lineage-17.1-20200620-UNOFFICIAL-karin.zip
Great work guys, thank you!
After clean install everything works flawless

This ROM works worse then los15. After using it around 1-2 hours clash of clans will be crashing. This is because kernel is not perfect, some memory leaks. Sabar now is also working on los16.

xperiefon

Mar 9, 2020
Hi, any way to pass safety net on 15.1-20200522_karin_windy or should I try the 17.1-20200730-karin_windy?

JFK1975

Hello to the community.
I'd like to switch from LOS14 to LOS15 on my karin_windy. Unfortunatly I don't get twrp 3.3.1 karin or 3.4.0 karin_windy to work. It does not start after flashing to recovery. Last working twrp is 3.1.1 from 2017.
It would be great to give this great device a newer build.
Great weekend to all of you!:cool:

Sent from my MI Note 3 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

xperiefon

Mar 9, 2020
Thx for your advise! Could anyone please help me with the instructions on first page? How to change/delete the first two lines from the updater-script.
Sorry for beeing such a noob but never have done this before.
Thx:cowboy:

Use winrar.
Unzip lineage-17.1-...-.zip, go to the lineage-17.1..... folder, go to the subfolders \ META-INF \ com \ google \ android.
Open/Edit the file named updater-script with a text editor (notepad for instance), remove the first two lines as instructed , save, rezip the file using winrar (make sure the archive format is ZIP).
Then you can follow the instructions on the first page:
3) wipe system, data, cashe, dalvik;
4) Flash the firmware, gapps, magisk and that’s it.

JFK1975

Use winrar.
Unzip lineage-17.1-...-.zip, go to the lineage-17.1..... folder, go to the subfolders \ META-INF \ com \ google \ android.
Open/Edit the file named updater-script with a text editor (notepad for instance), remove the first two lines as instructed , save, rezip the file using winrar (make sure the archive format is ZIP).
Then you can follow the instructions on the first page:
3) wipe system, data, cashe, dalvik;
4) Flash the firmware, gapps, magisk and that’s it.
Thank you very much!?

alex009988

Jun 8, 2011
Guys, I'm now building los 15.1 and have bootloop problem. Sabar_op is helping me now in that. I need someone who test my los15.1 rom for karin_windy. Otherwise there would be no oreo roms for karin_windy as I can't make them blindly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is stable Oreo firmware (Android 8.1) .
    Features:
    • OS Version: 8.1.0 Oreo
    • Kernel: Linux 3.10
    • Android security patch level: 5 April 2020
    • Using sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54
    Working(tested):
    • Phone calls
    • SMS
    • Manual mobile network search
    • WIFI
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Location services
    • SDcard as internal storage
    • LiveDisplay (see attached pictures)
    • Camera; built-in app (Snap) and 3rd-party apps (Thanks to @torukk) *)
      *) Snap is only working with main camera! If you switch to the so called "selfie" camera, the app crashes. OpenCamera is working in both modes. Video recording works for main camera only and if you set the resolution a 720x480 and 15FPS.
    These things are NOT working (don't ask!)
    • Encryption (haven't tested it)
    • FM-Radio (not included)
    • NFC-HCE
    • Front camera camcorder
    • SELinux is set permessive. With enforced I got touchscreen frozen and can't login to google account.
    • something I haven't found.
    How to install:
    1) use TWRP 3.5.0.

If you using 3.1.1 one, remove the first two lines from updater-script (\ META-INF \ com \ google \ android);i
    Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGP771" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGP771" ||
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "karin" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "karin" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: SGP771,karin; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
    2) wipe system, data, cashe, dalvik;
    3) Flash the firmware, gapps, magisk.
    Change log:
    20200330 - fixed app crashing.
    20200417 - fixed sim card bug.
    20200509 -fixed exfat.
    20200515 - added advanced settings for color management.
    20200608 - livedisplay now fully works.
    22102020 - camera was fixed.
    20210510 - updated los source, Android security patch level: 5 April 2020.
    20210511 - updated rom for karin_windy.
    20210705 -:
    -Implemented Kcal display driver
    -Implemented Voltage control
    -Implemented Adreno idler
    -Implemented "zen" and "fifo" i/o schedulers
    -Implemented "Chill" and "BioShock" governors
    -Implemented Boeffla-wakelock-blocker
    -Implemented Spectrum Profiles (Not tested!
    -Android security patch level: 5 June 2021
    20210706 - revert GMS identifiers
    The firmware can be downloaded from here.
    Last builds are here.

Sources:
    https://github.com/lineageos
    https://github.com/Professor-Berni/android_kernel_sony_msm8994
    https://github.com/sabarop/android_kernel_sony_msm8994
    https://github.com/sabarop/android_device_sony_karin
    https://github.com/sabarop/android_device_sony_karin_windy
    https://github.com/Professor-Berni/android_device_sony_kitakami-common

We must be infinite grateful to sabar_op for his hard work in development of this rom and Bernie and Tarkzim who help to update kernel for kitakami devices. :good:.
    The version for karin_windy is released too.
    Wow.. This is great news.
    Thanks @sabar_op and @andralex8
    Do you have any comments to the battery consumption? Is it better or worse than nougat stock or nougat los?
    thanks for your work.
    Kind regards Torben5247

I've changed the battery, and it's enough for a one day of active usage with Oreo.
    Thanks @sabar_op and @andralex8
    I just installed the rom, it's working OK except the camera - can you send a link to working camera for this rom.
    And also Viber Messanger doesn't work - it crashes everytime I'm starting the app - any solutions?

For this ROM only sabar_op is working on. I've checked the Viber on 20200515 it works fine. 20200517/19 seems have YouTube problems. Camera still doesn't work and for z5 devices too. The problem is closed source camera driver.
    Good work, work on SGP771 :) So its possible to have updated tablet to lastest versions I hope soon Android 10 stable will be released.
    Exellent! Do you plan to work on kernel too for Xperia Z4 Tablet?
    Do you mean kernel for a stock? As for Android 10, now it is unstable, but some progress is done.