Android 8.1 is coming on your Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4, Kirin 950 SoC with the LineageOS 15.1 !
In October 2021 this ROM reached the end of life ( EOL )
Devices Supported :
Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 :
BTV-DL09; BTV-L0J; BTV-W09
About LineageOS :
LineageOS 15.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
* Your warranty is now void
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.
Downloads ( EOL ):
Only for BTV-W09
This ROM do not include GApps
please use always the last available pack
OpenGApps for Android 8.1 ARM64
recommended to use nano or pico version
1. install the New TWRP 3.3.1-0 ( please check the second post )
2. format data in TWRP & reboot device into twrp to be able to use data !
3. go to Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset
4. wipe Vendor & System partitions
5. copy LOS-15.1 ROM & GApps to Internal/External Storage
6. go to Install -> check the LOS zip file
7. Add more Zips
8. check GApps zip file
9. Swipe to confirm Flash
10. Wait a bit until you'll see : "
- Installation complete!
- Unmounting partitions
Updating partitions details ...
11. Wipe Cache/Dalvik -> Swipe to Wipe
12. If your device it's BTV-W09 please install now boot_w09_oreo_xxx.img
( Install -> Install Image -> choose "boot_w09_oreo_xxx.img" -> Select Partition to Flash Image: Boot )
13. Reboot System
What's working :
* Audio & Video
* Notification light
* Internal/External Storage
* ADB/MTP & USB/OTG
* Off-mode Charging
* RIL & LTE data connection
* DRM enabled ( the same Level L3 like on Stock EMUI Firmware )
* Fingerprint scanner
* Hardware Video Decoder
Not working :
Disabled; ( won't be enabled anytime soon )
; ( won't be fixed anytime soon )
- not working
* there may be others minor issues like camera not fully working and so on
Branch: oreo !