• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][8.1][OFFICIAL][DROPPED] ViperOS Project for Moto Z2 Play

Search This thread

brunorochaa00

Sep 23, 2016
Teresina

6hjdrBL.png

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

Statusbar

* Traffic indicators
* Statusbar items
* Clock & date
* Battery icon settings
* Carrier label
* Quick settings personalization
* Ticker notifications
* Other statusbar settings

Recents
* Button circle
* Layout recents

Lockscreen
* Custom lockscreen settings
* Lockscreen clock style

System
* Beautiful theme engine
* Navbar enable/disable
* Navbar button layout
* Hardware keys binding
* Hardware keys enable/disable
* Kill app with back button
* Power menu customization
* Fonts selector
* Battery LED

Many other customizations, install and take a look

Download:

THIS IS THE LAST BUILD BY ME. I'M DROPED THE DEVICE, SEARCH OTHER MAINTAINER TO KEEP THE BUILDS. THANKS TO ALL
Official website: Download

GApps:
OpenGapps: OpenGApps

Useful files and tips:
*Disable all gestures with screen off (confg > moto actions > gestures with screen off > disable all toggles

*Use this TWRP to flash the ROM

*Use this settings on prebuilt GCAM
IGNORES VIDEO STABILIZATION, DISABLE IT

Credits & Thanks:

All ViperOS Team
LineageOS team
And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Other links

XDA:DevDB Information
[OLD] VIPER OS OREO Z2 PLAY, ROM for the Moto Z2 Play

Contributors
brunorochaa00
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: LATEST OREO MOTOROLA FIRMWARE [OCTOBER PATCH] + TWRP 64bits TREBLE
Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v5.0
Stable Release Date: 2018-11-18

Created 2018-11-18
Last Updated 2019-01-19

el-Loko

Apr 10, 2011
Moto Z3 Play
first thanx for the rom!!!

i come from stock 8.0, flashed twrp from op, wiped cache, dalvik, system and data and installed this rom. but after rebooting into system (viper logo is shown) it went back to recovery.
do i have to format data? (because of 64bit)?

:cyclops:​

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

****...after restoring previously made backup my phone stucks on moto-log blinking! never saw this behaviour, ist blinking!!!

Any tips? Ideas? f........ck..............

tried different backups, same result.
of course wiped evething first...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

maybe cached security updates from motorola?
ive been notfied several times, that there is a security update but i cant install it because i had bootloader unlocked an the stock rom, which was installed, is from this forum.
****ttttttt

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

installed lineage the same way as viper and it seems to work. puhhh...lucky!

Last edited:

chuletaz024

Sep 6, 2016
I already install it, for now 0 bugs, the battery mod works fine, the jbl soundboost don't work, well almot the same as pixel experience, but with a litle bit custom, i love the ticker notification, i missed from kit kat, thanks, if i have any bug i posted, and sorry for my english. Keep the fantastic work dude.

Reactions: brunorochaa00

el-Loko

Apr 10, 2011
Moto Z3 Play
just wanna let you know that i cant install this rom.
i freshly installed lineageos, which works perfect till now. than i made a backup, wiped everything and installed viper... bootlogo comes up but then it reboots back to recovery.
so i had to go back to lineage... BUT THANX ANYWAY!!!!

:cyclops:​

ujtsan

May 24, 2014
Excellent work, it works well, the only problem I have with AT & T in Mexico is the quality of the 4g signal, in some moments I run out of signal in places where I usually had.

chuletaz024

Sep 6, 2016
Excellent work, it works well, the only problem I have with AT & T in Mexico is the quality of the 4g signal, in some moments I run out of signal in places where I usually had.
Yes i had the same problem, the signal is poor in places were should had full signal. But i don't know why, i used the pixel experience rom qnd the signal was normal as the stock rom. And i had at&t mexico too.

HaoQT

Nov 23, 2018
Fingerprint sensor

Hello!

I am kind-a new to this, but I seem to be the only one who can't use my fingerprint sensor..... It simply doesn't show up / nor respond..... I looked into it and decided to ask for help instead of going it to this on my own (I'm scared of bricking my phone).....

I used to have the default 7.1.1 nougat before this... with magisk / and an older version of TWRP.....

I have TWRP 3.2.2-r23 64 installed
Motorola Moto Z2 play ss albus (Not sure for the exact version) (I know it's ovebius)

And I have no problems flashing rom's nor installing Magisk and Gapps.....

If there are any logs/ or anything at all I can send you please just ask and I will do so....

PS: I've seen people having trouble after normaly updateing their phones to oreo but they just had buggs or it was fixed later on with updates.

Thanks in advance!
Regards.

Nikhil5143

Oct 12, 2015
Google Pixel 3
Hello!

I am kind-a new to this, but I seem to be the only one who can't use my fingerprint sensor..... It simply doesn't show up / nor respond..... I looked into it and decided to ask for help instead of going it to this on my own (I'm scared of bricking my phone).....

I used to have the default 7.1.1 nougat before this... with magisk / and an older version of TWRP.....

I have TWRP 3.2.2-r23 64 installed
Motorola Moto Z2 play ss albus (Not sure for the exact version) (I know it's ovebius)

And I have no problems flashing rom's nor installing Magisk and Gapps.....

If there are any logs/ or anything at all I can send you please just ask and I will do so....

PS: I've seen people having trouble after normaly updateing their phones to oreo but they just had buggs or it was fixed later on with updates.

Thanks in advance!
Regards.
U need to be on Oreo before flashing bro

InsaneWitness

May 3, 2016
Brazil
I install the ROM with no errors, the SIM card is detected but the phone functions (calls, SMS, etc) doesn't work, what should I do?

Edit: forget it, the signal back right now, it was the phone operator that went unsigned, an absurd coincidence lol

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

6hjdrBL.png

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

Statusbar

* Traffic indicators
    * Statusbar items
    * Clock & date
    * Battery icon settings
    * Carrier label
    * Quick settings personalization
    * Ticker notifications
    * Other statusbar settings

Recents
    * Button circle
    * Layout recents

Lockscreen
    * Custom lockscreen settings
    * Lockscreen clock style

System
    * Beautiful theme engine
    * Navbar enable/disable
    * Navbar button layout
    * Hardware keys binding
    * Hardware keys enable/disable
    * Kill app with back button
    * Power menu customization
    * Fonts selector
    * Battery LED

Many other customizations, install and take a look

Download:

THIS IS THE LAST BUILD BY ME. I'M DROPED THE DEVICE, SEARCH OTHER MAINTAINER TO KEEP THE BUILDS. THANKS TO ALL
    Official website: Download

GApps:
    OpenGapps: OpenGApps

Useful files and tips:
    *Disable all gestures with screen off (confg > moto actions > gestures with screen off > disable all toggles

*Use this TWRP to flash the ROM

*Use this settings on prebuilt GCAM
    IGNORES VIDEO STABILIZATION, DISABLE IT

Credits & Thanks:

All ViperOS Team
    LineageOS team
    And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Other links

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OLD] VIPER OS OREO Z2 PLAY, ROM for the Moto Z2 Play

Contributors
    brunorochaa00
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: LATEST OREO MOTOROLA FIRMWARE [OCTOBER PATCH] + TWRP 64bits TREBLE
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v5.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-11-18

Created 2018-11-18
    Last Updated 2019-01-19
    Wow awesome another ROM!
    Good job friend, testing!!!
    I already install it, for now 0 bugs, the battery mod works fine, the jbl soundboost don't work, well almot the same as pixel experience, but with a litle bit custom, i love the ticker notification, i missed from kit kat, thanks, if i have any bug i posted, and sorry for my english. Keep the fantastic work dude.
    No problems here.
    Magisk 8.0