[ROM][8.1][OFFICIAL] OmniROM

Search This thread

tekkaman7

Jun 25, 2013
Hi, I searched "camera" before install this room and I saw two replays saing the camera is OK with no crashes, but for me the camera even open just crash with the rom app, Am I miss something in the installation process is another app?, the permissions are ok.

tekkaman7

Jun 25, 2013
Camera doesn't work for me.

Hi, I searched "camera" before install this room and I saw two replays saing the camera is OK with no crashes, but for me the camera even before open just crash with the rom app, Am I miss something in the installation? process is another app?, the permissions are ok.

sdcwlc

Aug 9, 2011
Austin
Hi, I searched "camera" before install this room and I saw two replays saing the camera is OK with no crashes, but for me the camera even before open just crash with the rom app, Am I miss something in the installation? process is another app?, the permissions are ok.

FWIW, I have yet to try an Oreo ROM on G5P that has the camera working completely. The most common issue I see is accessing the camera from apps, like Textra or Messaging. I am having no issue with the camera, if used alone. The other common issues are with Bluetooth (specifically with phone audio), and MMS instability. Omni BT phone is working for me but I do have sporadic problems with MMS messages. Overall, stable and nice in features.

Hadn't checked, till now, SafteyNet check fails?

Last edited:

akwala

Feb 25, 2012
Issues with/after encryption

Re Moto G5 Plus, XT1687:

1. Encryption progress screen said 100% complete but it continued to say "Wait until encryption is complete" for at least an hour after that, at which point I shut down the device and then booted it up .
  2. Upon booting, I get the prompt to enter the decryption password as expected but GBoard keeps crashing, so I can't decrypt.
  3. Upon booting into Recovery, I am able to enter the password but decryption fails and the error message also says I may have to format data.

Does Omni have issues with encryption? Did I prematurely stop the encryption? Is it normal to have to wait a long time for encryption to complete after the progress is 100% complete?

How can I get around the GBoard crashes?

Looks like I have to format and start over. What should I do differently?

eemgee

Dec 27, 2013
Teesside
I always liked Omni on my other devices. But use nitrogen on potter fit the battery life.
Anyone used both on potter and can say Omni is as good as nos for battery?

vache

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2009
Paris
Re Moto G5 Plus, XT1687:

1. Encryption progress screen said 100% complete but it continued to say "Wait until encryption is complete" for at least an hour after that, at which point I shut down the device and then booted it up .
  2. Upon booting, I get the prompt to enter the decryption password as expected but GBoard keeps crashing, so I can't decrypt.
  3. Upon booting into Recovery, I am able to enter the password but decryption fails and the error message also says I may have to format data.

Does Omni have issues with encryption? Did I prematurely stop the encryption? Is it normal to have to wait a long time for encryption to complete after the progress is 100% complete?

My fault for encryption, forgot to push some commits. Will be good for next weekly.

I always liked Omni on my other devices. But use nitrogen on potter fit the battery life.

Since nitrogen is now mostly based on omni, both have almost same battery life.

wrkerr

Mar 14, 2014
I was on Omni, and everything was working great. I decided to try a custom kernel with WireGuard support. WireGuard was working well, and it's awesome, but I couldn't get Arnova's Google Camera port to work with the custom kernel. GCam is more important to me right now, so I rebooted into TWRP, wiped system and cache, then flashed the most recent Omni from the OpenDelta folder, then flashed OpenGapps (pico), then Magisk, then wiped cache again and rebooted into Omni.

Now many of the Google apps on my phone are crashing (Hangouts, Gmail, etc.). I only use pico Gapps to get Play Store access, and then install the apps I use from the Play Store, so I didn't think wiping /system would disturb anything. Did I miss a step, or do something dumb?

**EDIT**
I'm still not sure what caused it, but I was able to resolve the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps that were crashing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

vedu1

Oct 26, 2015
Hey, I'm on the latest version but long pressing the home button doesn't trigger the google assistant. And any way from which I can change system default icon shape to circle ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2F-f4P5JsJ7xE8%2FAAAAAAAAAAI%2FAAAAAAAAAAY%2FSVgE864HY1Y%2Fphoto.jpg

About Omni
    The goal of Omni is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. It’s another option for the billion Android users out there.*Android (vs. iOS and every other mobile OS) has thrived on options as well as the gigantic, talented development community that has emerged to build those options. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality.
    Omni is a chance to get involved, no matter who you are. Developers, whether you’ve been developing apps for a week, or ROM features for 3 years, you’re welcome. Users, we know you want to help out, and now you can – Omni actively encourages bug reports and feature requests, which can be added to our publicly accessible roadmap. What’s the point in giving you a ROM, and forcing you to not tell us about any bugs you find?
    We also recognise how people use Custom ROMs – we’re all custom ROM users and developers ourselves – the argument that “nightlies are not for end users” is over-used, and no longer valid. We’ve found that the vast majority of users want to get nightly updates to their ROM. For that reason, nightlies aren’t a playground – nightlies are for new features that are finished. You should be able to expect the same stability and reliability from a nightly as you would from a “release” ROM, and can report any bugs that prevent this from happening.
    We know not everyone wants to update their ROM daily, and you are free to update as frequently or infrequently as you like. Omni is about flexibility and giving users what they expect – and we are excited to see where the community goes with it.

Downloads :
    http://dl.omnirom.org/potter/

Sources :
    ROM : https://github.com/omnirom/
    Device : https://github.com/omnirom/android_device_motorola_potter/tree/android-8.1
    Vendor : https://github.com/DonkeyCoyote/proprietary_vendor_motorola
    Kernel : https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_motorola_msm8953/tree/android-8.1

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    vache
    Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader, TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-01-22

Created 2018-01-16
    Last Updated 2018-01-22
    Official State

After fixing SELinux state, we can now ship this as official builds :)

Download Link : http://dl.omnirom.org/potter/

Most important changes since last build :

• SELinux Enforced
    • NightLight enable
    • NavBar toggle added
    • Some new features on ROM side
    • Bugs fixes
    Re Moto G5 Plus, XT1687:

My fault for encryption, forgot to push some commits. Will be good for next weekly.

Since nitrogen is now mostly based on omni, both have almost same battery life.
    Thanks for the logs.
    Don't worry about encryption one, i'll check on my side.
    I have a curious problem after flashing the rom. BTW, the rom is fine.

However, because my VoLTE was not working (I use US T-Mobile), I flashed back to Nougat (tried Colt OS, and tried stock rom - both via twrp). Now, my phone is not getting any network signal (cellular). The phone recognizes there is a sim, and I can view the apns, and they look correct. But there is no signal at all.

I then tried flashing back to OmniRom oreo, and I can only get HSPA (no LTE).

I tried my t-mobile sim in an iphone, and the lte works fine. But I still have the above issues. I called t-mobile and verified there are no outage in my area, or any issues related to the sim.

Anyone have similar experiences? Is this just a problem of downgrading to nougat? Thanks for your time everyone.

----------------

I was reading in another thread under q&a and found a solution to recover LTE. Basically, once I installed the OmniRom, and only had 3g; I then flashed from the last stock firmware just the modem files (NON-HLOS.bin, and then erase commands to modemst1, modemst2). I now have LTE back. Thanks for reading!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone