[ROM][8.1][OpenKirin's RROS Oreo v6.0.0 - For Huawei P9][Update 25/03/2018]

Search This thread

leodp

Jul 18, 2018

udamster

Jun 7, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
So in order to have a working camera, after installing RROS Oreo I would have to install OpenKirin, I guess (available today) Resurrection Remix OS Beta 3

OpenKirin requires EMUI 8.0. Is that part of RROS?
TWRP is not supported, I need stock recovery. But I have TWRP: I used it to install RROS. Now what? I'm puzzled.

Find the stock recovery for your phone build and flash it via fastboot.

leodp

Jul 18, 2018

Find the stock recovery for your phone build and flash it via fastboot.

Ok, so I have to change once again the recovery, no problem.
But still, OpenKirin ROM for P9 claims:
"We support 3 ROMs ... ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 2+) ...
Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 8.0, with stock recovery/ramdisk"

EMUI 8 is not the same as RROS 6, if I understand it correctly. Maybe it's just the wording which is not clear to me.

So, guessing:
1) EMUI 8 or any other supported ROM with Oreo is ok
2) RROS 6 is already Oreo, then even if I have EVA-09 for EU I do not need to rebrand it to EVA-AL10 with HWOTA7 before going on with OpenKirin ROM.
Right?

Thanks

udamster

Jun 7, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Ok, so I have to change once again the recovery, no problem.
But still, OpenKirin ROM for P9 claims:
"We support 3 ROMs ... ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 2+) ...
Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 8.0, with stock recovery/ramdisk"

EMUI 8 is not the same as RROS 6, if I understand it correctly. Maybe it's just the wording which is not clear to me.

So, guessing:
1) EMUI 8 or any other supported ROM with Oreo is ok
2) RROS 6 is already Oreo, then even if I have EVA-09 for EU I do not need to rebrand it to EVA-AL10 with HWOTA7 before going on with OpenKirin ROM.
Right?

Thanks

If you have EMUI 8.0 (+stock recovery) you can go ahead and flash.

But if you have installed RROS (non OpenKirin GSI) while you were in Android Nougat or Marshmallow. I highly recommend you update to EMUI 8 Oreo via HWOTA7 method. Because the OpenKirin ROMS in the website are Treble ROMs and only EMUI 8 has treble enabled. Flashing over Nougat or Marshmallow may brick your device.

If you weren't in EMUI 8 and you are on another custom ROM. come back to stock EMUI ROM, you were before and then rebrand to Chinese version and update to Oreo (follow HWOTA7 guide) after that you can update to any ROM in OpenKirin Website.

Reactions: leodp and Tecalote

leodp

Jul 18, 2018
If you have EMUI 8.0 (+stock recovery) you can go ahead and flash.

But if you have installed RROS (non OpenKirin GSI) while you were in Android Nougat or Marshmallow. I highly recommend you update to EMUI 8 Oreo via HWOTA7 method. Because the OpenKirin ROMS in the website are Treble ROMs and only EMUI 8 has treble enabled. Flashing over Nougat or Marshmallow may brick your device.

If you weren't in EMUI 8 and you are on another custom ROM. come back to stock EMUI ROM, you were before and then rebrand to Chinese version and update to Oreo (follow HWOTA7 guide) after that you can update to any ROM in OpenKirin Website.

Now I got it: to have a working camera and RROS I have togo back to latest released stock EMUI for my EU-P9-->rebrand via HWOTA7-->update to stock EMUI 8-->Install RROS via OpenKirin website.
Thanks.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Now I got it: to have a working camera and RROS I have togo back to latest released stock EMUI for my EU-P9-->rebrand via HWOTA7-->update to stock EMUI 8-->Install RROS via OpenKirin website.
Thanks.
For all Open Kirin Oreo Treble ROMs you must rebrand first by HWOTA7 to Oreo because Open Kirin ROMs flash only System, but they depend on the other partitions that must be also Oreo.
Partitions for Nougat and Oreo are different and differently named and organized.

P9 is specific because some other Huawei models are already OTA updated to Oreo, hence they don't require rebranding etc - users simply flash Open Kirin ROMs (common to all H models) without rebranding troubles

There is also Open Kirin Pie alpha ver, again phone must be already on Oreo before flashing it

Btw, as in the OP posts, there is Telegram channel with on-line help for Open Kirin Oreo ROMs

Last edited:

PrivatPirat

Jan 27, 2018
Thanks for the great work. Does anyone know if the ROM supports signature spoofing? Would I be able to install microG instead of Gapps?

hw981999

Jun 14, 2019
Guys this is huawei p9 emui 8 stock camera

Link mega.nz/#!FFUGFSLS!Pt58-HCe4...bx5jseurANX27E

Copy the folder Hwcamera2 to system/priv-app and then reboot
This should fix camera
===================
The link is broken. Could anyone put it on the cloud again. plz.
Thank you

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RROS.png

Resurrection Remix O v6.0.0 For Huawei P9 (EVA)

*** Beta Version ***

About :
    Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, and including some features from SlimROM, OmniROM and original Remix ROM builds, all those creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your device !​

Downloads :

* RR-O-v6.0.0-20180325-eva-OpenKirin.zip md5 : c3a4e3747de36bd731be5f69ec306f2a

* Gapps not included !

Installations :

* required bootloader unlocked & TWRP
    * format data via TWRP and than reboot again to TWRP to be able to use data !
    * perform a Factory Rest in TWRP
    * flash RROS ROM
    * optional install Gapps Oreo 8.1
    * reboot to System
    * enjoy !!!

Working/Not Working :

* almost all important features should working properly ( apart Camera ) !
    * data must be f2fs formated ( with ext4 device will not boot )
    * off mode charging working
    * support for external-sd exFAT !
    * 2G/3G signal : it'll show always full signal
    * wireless display - No
    * VoLTE - No
    * Camera - No
    * SELinux - permissive
    * there may be other minor issues

Sources :

Credit :

Special thanks to the LineageOS Team, OmniROM Team, SlimROM Team and of course to all the supporters !

This ROM is provided by OpenKirin TEAM (XePeleato, OldDroid, surdu_petru )

RR Screenshots :

Screenshot_Trebuchet_20180322-224452.png
    Screenshot_Trebuchet_20180322-224511.png

Screenshot_Trebuchet_20180322-224519.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180322-224531.png

Best regards,

XDA:DevDB Information
    RROS Oreo 8.1, ROM for the Huawei P9

Contributors
    surdu_petru, OldDroid, XePeleato
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 5.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-03-22

Created 2018-03-22
    Last Updated 2018-03-25
    I'm guessing u will be able to fix camera once Oreo official drops??

100%, and there will be also stock EMUI Camera added to RROS :)
    New Update !

Hi!

Just pushed a new update into OP !

The sound issue was fixed, now you can use for call also headset :)

Tested with my Sony DR-BT101 & also AKG headset from S9+ ... no issue so far.

Regards,
    Someone can write it step by step, even writing the requirements to be able to flash

Before flashing Chinese Oreo Firmware the device must be rebranded to AL10 and we are actually working on a Tool which can do that without loosing IMEI.
    If you flash Firmware which doesn't match the brand your phone will be like bricked and don't work properly.
    *** reserved ***