• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][8.1][STABLE] LineageOS 15.1 for P8 Lite

Search This thread

user1712

Jun 18, 2020

Attachments

• error.jpeg
    error.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 65
  • recovery.jpeg
    recovery.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Elguevara

Nov 20, 2017
I install Oreo update on my honor 4x / Gplay G735 with stock P8 lite B601 using Krst12 dev TWRP 3.2.3 for P8 Lite adapted from honor 4X, Orangefox did not work on my device, the rom recognizes it as che2-L03 and has some bugs for this P8 variant lite:

- Bluetooth does not work, and a warning appears every 2 seconds Bluetooth is stopped, deleting cache, data or forcing the application to close the warning is not deleted.

- Ril worked on the first boot, If turn off the cell phone and turn on Ril did not work, I the reboot and back to work.

- The screen at the first start is yellow, it restarts and it is solved.

- The call application closes, but the calls work perfectly.

- Mobile data works perfectly.

- The wifi anchor (hotspot) does not work, it turns on but does not work.

-Wifi works perfect.

- The battery discharges quickly and the cell phone heats up very easily.

The errors I don't think are so much for the TWRP or the stock version, it must be more because the device is a variant and the rom is made for P8 lite.

Thanks for the job.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806-161221_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210806-161221_Trebuchet.png
    515.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210806_182758.png
    IMG_20210806_182758.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20210806-164805_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210806-164805_Trebuchet.png
    480.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
I Install Oreo update on my honor 4x / Gplay G735 with stock P8 lite B601 using Skrt's TWRP for P8 lite, Orangefox did not work on my device, the rom recognizes it as che2-L03 and has some bugs for this variant of P8 lite :

-Bluetooth does not work, and a warning appears every 2 seconds after it was stopped, deleting cache, data or forcing the app to close the warning is not removed.

- Ril worked at the first start, turned off and on the cell phone and Ril did not work, rebooted and returned to work.

- The screen at the first start has a yellow color, restart and it is solved.

- The call application closes, but the calls work perfect.

- Mobile data works perfect.

- Wifi anchor (hotspot) does not work, it turns on but does not work. -Wifi works perfect.

- Battery discharges quickly and the cell phone heats up very easily.

The errors I do not think are so much for the TWRP or the Stock Version, it must be more for the device is a variant and the rom is made for P8 lite.

Thanks for the job.

Hello I would like to get it working even there but unfortunately I don't have that device to properly work on :(

Reactions: Elguevara

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo

czetus

Jun 26, 2015
Hi,
First of all thanks for your work! :love:
I flashed last version of this rom but i am having problem with dual sim (shows at top bar second icon of sim o_0 without range), first one sim card also having problem - it's show on top left bar "`Operator Provider` - No Service". Imei numbers are empty in information about the phone. When i make call or someone is calling voice is like from crime movies when they modulate voice over phone :D also internet works over GSM/Provider.

I installed nougat and there is no problem with detected dual sim - shows only one icon on top bar (second sim on settings is disabled - grey) and also imei is shown..

Can i handle problem with Oreo somehow?
Thanks!

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto G
Moto G 2015
Hi,
First of all thanks for your work! :love:
I flashed last version of this rom but i am having problem with dual sim (shows at top bar second icon of sim o_0 without range), first one sim card also having problem - it's show on top left bar "`Operator Provider` - No Service". Imei numbers are empty in information about the phone. When i make call or someone is calling voice is like from crime movies when they modulate voice over phone :D also internet works over GSM/Provider.

I installed nougat and there is no problem with detected dual sim - shows only one icon on top bar (second sim on settings is disabled - grey) and also imei is shown..

Can i handle problem with Oreo somehow?
Thanks!
I had a similar issue when updating to Oreo, but it was due to bad flash, after formatting, re-wiping everything and doling a clean flash fixed it, now is working correcting on my ALE-L23 Dual-Sim.

Try with this TWRP (Which is the one I used/use, the TWRP by persona78 did not work well for me).
The link was provided by "_MartyMan_" in the 14.1 thread.

Last edited:

HugoAlonso

Aug 21, 2020
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Thanks i will try! also sorry i didn't mention that my model is ALE L21.

After flashing it's the same problem, it detect sim - location, but no imei number, bad voice and also when someone or I am calling app is notifying about crash

The newest one was flashed:
Hi, @DarkJoker360 thanks for your work and for keeping this device alive!

I flashed the last versions, and I have similar problem.
I'm unable to update with LOS recovery (same problem as @user1712), so I used TRPW suggested by @Tiki Thorsen.
My device is also ALE L21, it shows no IMEI and has bad voice.
It shows 2 SIMs and asks to unlock 2 SIMs but I only have one installed.
If I try to add my Mi Band 5 it says Bluetooth must be at lease 4.0 (will this ever be addressed?)

Best Regards,
Hugo

DarkJoker360

Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Hi, @DarkJoker360 thanks for your work and for keeping this device alive!

I flashed the last versions, and I have similar problem.
I'm unable to update with LOS recovery (same problem as @user1712), so I used TRPW suggested by @Tiki Thorsen.
My device is also ALE L21, it shows no IMEI and has bad voice.
It shows 2 SIMs and asks to unlock 2 SIMs but I only have one installed.
If I try to add my Mi Band 5 it says Bluetooth must be at lease 4.0 (will this ever be addressed?)

Best Regards,
Hugo
null imei is normal yet, didn't write the fix for it. However is just a graphical thing, your device knows your imei. For sim I think still some variants are having issues...
Could you please send do this and send me in pm? Thanks.

adb shell cat /proc/cmdline

Also for BT I don't think it is possible, were you able to connect mi band in N?

HugoAlonso

Aug 21, 2020
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
null imei is normal yet, didn't write the fix for it. However is just a graphical thing, your device knows your imei. For sim I think still some variants are having issues...
Could you please send do this and send me in pm? Thanks.

adb shell cat /proc/cmdline

Also for BT I don't think it is possible, were you able to connect mi band in N?
Just sent the result of command, BT also never worked on N

czetus

Jun 26, 2015
I was trying OrangeFox, many versions of TWRP but without success, even didn't wipe all things except sd card (after installing b896 update) - without positive result.
I face same problem with amazfit band on nougat and oreo are not possible to pair with app. But app aida64 shows that BT is 4.0 :|

Elguevara

Nov 20, 2017
Hello I would like to get it working even there but unfortunately I don't have that device to properly work on :(
Could you make it work on the Honor 4X che2-XX variant, you did something right in LOS 8.1 because RIL works, in your version LOS 7.1 RIL does not work for this variant, you just need to make Bluetooth and hotspot work for Honor 4X Che2-XX , maybe it is a lack of files in the libraries. If you could it would be great, Honor 4X users would use your ROM.

Fedroid

Jan 19, 2011
Barcelona
Moto G
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
HI there,
I have flashed last rom (upgraded first to B896).
Rom starts fine, but after septup it goes to a black screen and nothing can i do.
If i push power button a moving around (dancing) shutdowm menu appears and i can reboot or power off but always same. Once on goes to black screen (is black but backlighted)

Some advice?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.androidblog.it%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F02%2FLineageOS-15.1-620x311.png

LineageOS 15.1 for Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21/23/02) & (CHM-U01/U03)

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.[/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb / Mtp
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluetooth
    * Internal/External storage
    * Wifi
    * NFC
    * RIL
    * Camera
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Sensors (Read 2nd post)[/CENTER]

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must also have this recovery installed
    * go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache/cust) !
    * install LineageOS ROM
    * Flash gapps and root (optional)
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
    Code:
    [CENTER]* copy the new update of LineageOS to Internal/External Storage
    * reboot device to recovery
    * wipe cache & dalvik cache
    * install the new update of LineageOS
    * reboot to System
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    [URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P8%20Lite/Oreo/LineageOS-15.1/"]Lineage 15.1[/URL]
    LineageOS recovery
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL]
    [URL="tiny.cc/latestmagisk"]Magisk[/URL][/CENTER]

Kernel Source: android_kernel_huawei_hi6210sft

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​
    Reserved

FInally Oreo is stable !

Notes:

- Sensors are working but are making system unstable so I decided to disable them for now. You can use an app as workaround for sensors.
    - RIL is working for the 90% of the time, if u want it working instead of reboot just shutdown and then boot. It's due to some race conditions I didn't look at it yet.
    - Hotspot is working only if you use it from terminal (hostapd) and then enable from settings
    - Battery life is like on Nougat but be sure to not invoke logd (doing adb logcat ; logcat ; dmesg ; etc) otherwise multiple logd will start and logspamming draining all the battery even on deepsleep.
    If u invoke logd, like I said above, make sure you reboot to restore the default behavior.
    Got some free time and started working again on this. Got till now adb,gps,deepsleep,hwc and hotspot working. Also wifi speed got fixed and few improvements. I got told that ril is now ok-ish so I will stop touching it. Now let's go with sensors and bt.

WIll release everything once I got something more to work and once I got all those hacks and fixes togheter on sources !
    New LineageOS 15.1 Update !
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F2zS0Xzc3uCosCW49VVzhs1P7L9A%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.androidblog.it%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2018%252F02%252FLineageOS-15.1-620x311.png

Changelog
    Code:
    [CENTER]* November 2019 security pacthes
    * Updated to latest LineageOS 15.1 source code
    * Fixed flashing errors
    * Fixed vendor mismatch error at boot
    * Fixed Hardware composer
    * Fixed UI lags
    * Fixed graphic glitches
    * Improved RIL stability(It is still buggy but this time it will stop working rarerly and it will work after a reboot)
    * Fixed Hotspot permissions(it still gives "error" tho)
    [/CENTER]

NOTE: I am not sure that I can fix issues in this rom, I am doing my best !

Check OP for more info and download !​
    And yo... This is not dead, more news to come soon !