• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][8.1][STABLE] LineageOS 15.1 for P8 Lite

Search This thread

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
HI there,
I have flashed last rom (upgraded first to B896).
Rom starts fine, but after septup it goes to a black screen and nothing can i do.
If i push power button a moving around (dancing) shutdowm menu appears and i can reboot or power off but always same. Once on goes to black screen (is black but backlighted)

Some advice?
Set system language to English. Then go to recovery, wipe dalvik & cache, and enjoy

Reactions: Fedroid

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto G
Moto G 2015
HI there,
I have flashed last rom (upgraded first to B896).
Rom starts fine, but after septup it goes to a black screen and nothing can i do.
If i push power button a moving around (dancing) shutdowm menu appears and i can reboot or power off but always same. Once on goes to black screen (is black but backlighted)

Some advice?
What I found was that ambient screen is broken (is enabled by default), reboot into safe mode (restart and hold volume down) to disable it.

homer5439

Aug 1, 2021
I was able to install the ROM using TWRP. The system boots and everything seems to be OK, except that the SIM card is not recognized (it keeps saying "No SIM card - No service"). Has anyone seen this and is there a fix or workaround?

Samuel1131

Sep 19, 2021
It could work on an honor 4x unfortunately there are no developers that work on our cell phone, it stayed on android 7.1.2 rros

Last edited:

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto G
Moto G 2015

HugoAlonso

Aug 21, 2020
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
I was referring to this B896_update, just in case it might help.
I did that before installing LOS 14.1, I think its not needed to flash again prior to the upgrade to LOS 15.1

@DarkJoker360 said he will have a look into it when he had some time, but this was more than a month ago.

Besside this problem, some apps (like Chrome or Facebook) just keeps crashing when switched to from other apps for the first time. After that they work fine...

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto G
Moto G 2015
A
I did that before installing LOS 14.1, I think its not needed to flash again prior to the upgrade to LOS 15.1

@DarkJoker360 said he will have a look into it when he had some time, but this was more than a month ago.

Besside this problem, some apps (like Chrome or Facebook) just keeps crashing when switched to from other apps for the first time. After that they work fine...
Ah, I see, I guess I got luck with the ALE-L23 then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.androidblog.it%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F02%2FLineageOS-15.1-620x311.png

LineageOS 15.1 for Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21/23/02) & (CHM-U01/U03)

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.[/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb / Mtp
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluetooth
    * Internal/External storage
    * Wifi
    * NFC
    * RIL
    * Camera
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Sensors (Read 2nd post)[/CENTER]

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must also have this recovery installed
    * go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache/cust) !
    * install LineageOS ROM
    * Flash gapps and root (optional)
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
    Code:
    [CENTER]* copy the new update of LineageOS to Internal/External Storage
    * reboot device to recovery
    * wipe cache & dalvik cache
    * install the new update of LineageOS
    * reboot to System
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    [URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P8%20Lite/Oreo/LineageOS-15.1/"]Lineage 15.1[/URL]
    LineageOS recovery
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL]
    [URL="tiny.cc/latestmagisk"]Magisk[/URL][/CENTER]

Kernel Source: android_kernel_huawei_hi6210sft

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​
    Reserved

FInally Oreo is stable !

Notes:

- Sensors are working but are making system unstable so I decided to disable them for now. You can use an app as workaround for sensors.
    - RIL is working for the 90% of the time, if u want it working instead of reboot just shutdown and then boot. It's due to some race conditions I didn't look at it yet.
    - Hotspot is working only if you use it from terminal (hostapd) and then enable from settings
    - Battery life is like on Nougat but be sure to not invoke logd (doing adb logcat ; logcat ; dmesg ; etc) otherwise multiple logd will start and logspamming draining all the battery even on deepsleep.
    If u invoke logd, like I said above, make sure you reboot to restore the default behavior.
    Got some free time and started working again on this. Got till now adb,gps,deepsleep,hwc and hotspot working. Also wifi speed got fixed and few improvements. I got told that ril is now ok-ish so I will stop touching it. Now let's go with sensors and bt.

WIll release everything once I got something more to work and once I got all those hacks and fixes togheter on sources !
    New LineageOS 15.1 Update !
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F2zS0Xzc3uCosCW49VVzhs1P7L9A%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.androidblog.it%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2018%252F02%252FLineageOS-15.1-620x311.png

Changelog
    Code:
    [CENTER]* November 2019 security pacthes
    * Updated to latest LineageOS 15.1 source code
    * Fixed flashing errors
    * Fixed vendor mismatch error at boot
    * Fixed Hardware composer
    * Fixed UI lags
    * Fixed graphic glitches
    * Improved RIL stability(It is still buggy but this time it will stop working rarerly and it will work after a reboot)
    * Fixed Hotspot permissions(it still gives "error" tho)
    [/CENTER]

NOTE: I am not sure that I can fix issues in this rom, I am doing my best !

Check OP for more info and download !​
    And yo... This is not dead, more news to come soon !