[ROM][8.1][trlte] AICP 13.1 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Apex Predator

Oct 15, 2011
Hey,

What I have to do to get the signature spoofing ready with this information?

Signature spoofing is already "ready", you just need to take advantage of it with microG. When it's installed go to apps > permissions > spoof package signature and turn it on for microG and play store/fake store (whichever you use).

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

- in sleep mode phone loses WiFi connection and goes into data mode. After waking up the phone immediately picks up WiFi again.

N910F, magisk, xposed

Mine also disconnects from WiFi in sleep, in OK with that. It auto connects on wake anyway.

If you don't want it to go into data mode then you can go into developer options and turn off "mobile data always active".

Reactions: Gerxp and Danmann
@_mone thanks a bunch

Using second to latest build.
920V CQL1 modem
Clean install, nano, magisk.

No 3 or 4 g first boot.
Tried several reboots, switch on and off airplane mode.
Applied wipe telephony.
Was able to get 3 g
Several reboots no go.
Airplane mode on and off this boot success.
First log for this

USB memory not working. ES file explorer pro unable to access OTG fat32 and NTFS error popup

Second Log attached.

Question, can we dirty flash?
Also, any tips for kernel auditor settings anyone

Attachments

• alogcat.2018-09-24-07-50-51-0700.txt
    96.7 KB · Views: 6
  • alogcat.2018-09-24-08-13-35-0700.txt
    85.4 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: _mone

_mone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2015
London
Recommended clean flash of 0920. If you clean flashed 0920, the builds after are fine to dirty flash.

USB memory not working. ES file explorer pro unable to access OTG fat32 and NTFS error popup

Second Log attached.
Thanks for the logs, but I can't open the 2nd one, do you mind to reupload it?
USB OTG (FAT32) working fine here with stock file manager, is the error only for ES file explorer or is it the same with the stock one?

Reactions: tripLr
Recommended clean flash of 0920. If you clean flashed 0920, the builds after are fine to dirty flash.

Thanks for the logs, but I can't open the 2nd one, do you mind to reupload it?
USB OTG (FAT32) working fine here with stock file manager, is the error only for ES file explorer or is it the same with the stock one?

Stock file manager sees it. So does twrp .

I am going to try a new or format the sdcard tomorrow.
It came from another phone. I was transferring files.
I plugged it it this phone and it sees the files OK .

I clean installed 0921 which is the first one I downloaded.

After my last post, I reinstalled this morning off of some faster wifi so I could track the sim card error I saw.
Herr is the otg logcat.

Attachments

• alogcat.2018-09-24-08-13-35-0700.txt
    85.4 KB · Views: 4

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
@_mone thanks a bunch

Using second to latest build.
920V CQL1 modem
Clean install, nano, magisk.

No 3 or 4 g first boot.
Tried several reboots, switch on and off airplane mode.
Applied wipe telephony.
Was able to get 3 g
Several reboots no go.
Airplane mode on and off this boot success.
First log for this

Second Log attached.

Also, any tips for kernel auditor settings anyone

Don't use kernel auditor to disable swap/Zram. It'll just slow down your boot time.
If you're using magisk, look for swap torpedo. It'll knock that partition off without bogging down initial loading times.

I'm working on optimized kernel auditor options, but so far the kernel actually does a fairly decent job of handling itself.
First bit of advice though would be changing the GPU governor to something that matches your device usages.
Like I'm using cpufreq since I've got bluactive to scale a little slower. GPU stays at a stable speed while the CPU handles the main load.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I also have the wifi disconnect problem. In my case it's the wifi at work which happens to be 5 ghz. I have no problems at home, where wifi is 2.4 ghz.

I use three different 5 ghz networks (one being my home unit), if you're suffering random disconnects it's not the phone. They have to switch channels since they're abusing that one end of the spectrum. Less spectrum means more power being used in this case, so it takes it from other places (likes it's ability send over distances. Which is a problem since 5 ghz is a short range receiver.)

Last edited:
Reactions: tripLr and Zotho

Zotho

Jul 18, 2007
München
Is there any chance of getting AudioFX working? It doesn´t do anything, no matter which music player I use.
Not even the equalizer in PlayerPro works, no changes whichever sound setting I chose.

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
Is there any chance of getting AudioFX working? It doesn´t do anything, no matter which music player I use.
Not even the equalizer in PlayerPro works, no changes whichever sound setting I chose.

Can't help with audio fx, but if you want a viable replacement, try out jamesdsp and combine it with the audio compatibility patch

Reactions: Zotho
Don't use kernel auditor to disable swap/Zram. It'll just slow down your boot time.
If you're using magisk, look for swap torpedo. It'll knock that partition off without bogging down initial loading times.

I'm working on optimized kernel auditor options, but so far the kernel actually does a fairly decent job of handling itself.
First bit of advice though would be changing the GPU governor to something that matches your device usages.
Like I'm using cpufreq since I've got bluactive to scale a little slower. GPU stays at a stable speed while the CPU handles the main load.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I use three different 5 ghz networks (one being my home unit), if you're suffering random disconnects it's not the phone. They have to switch channels since they're abusing that one end of the spectrum. Less spectrum means more power being used in this case, so it takes it from other places (likes it's ability send over distances. Which is a problem since 5 ghz is a short range receiver.)

You should be able to change the broadcast channel of your router to a non stock channel. For example, let say you have 11 channels and your stock configuration is channel 6, change your router to 10 or 2 . this will get it out of the interference zone since most likely everyone else is on the same channel.including security cameras etc.. Another thing a router and your phone is doing is ack packets. Hey I'm here, yup I'm here too.
Consider turning off your broadcast SSID. You will have to manually input your wireless network on your phone, because you can't see it because your router is not broadcasting it. That will keep your router from being packet-ed to death and less likely to be eavesdropped.

Ok here is a recommended way to load this ROM.

1. If you had a different ROM, and have an external SD card, make SURE You wipe the google directories in the android folder on your external SD card.

This will ensure a clean install free of old device settings.

Second screenshot is my new 256gb Samsung class 10 .notice the minimal google folders for the apps.

This was a clean install with new SD card and with magisk. Boot. Test phone
Boot to TWRP. Backup.
Then install nano.
Boot, use play store setup/restore to restore my apps.
Works much smoother.

If u use a older SD card, I reccomend to
Backup your external SD card then wipe it.

I did an initial load with this ROM on a clean 32 GB SD card to see if I like it and it would boot OK.

Then I went an got my 128 GB, that has been in 3 devices and multiple ROMs.

I tried loading nano, full, and with and without setting up and downloading my play store backups. Crash crash crash.

Put in my new 256, so far so good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Files_20180924-172149.png
    Screenshot_Files_20180924-172149.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_ES_File_Explorer_Pro_20180924-171936.jpg
    Screenshot_ES_File_Explorer_Pro_20180924-171936.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: kamikaze702k

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
You should be able to change the broadcast channel of your router to a non stock channel. For example, let say you have 11 channels and your stock configuration is channel 6, change your router to 10 or 2 . this will get it out of the interference zone since most likely everyone else is on the same channel.including security cameras etc.. Another thing a router and your phone is doing is ack packets. Hey I'm here, yup I'm here too.
Consider turning off your broadcast SSID. You will have to manually input your wireless network on your phone, because you can't see it because your router is not broadcasting it. That will keep your router from being packet-ed to death and less likely to be eavesdropped.

That was an example in reply to @lesterf
They cannot change the channel for their 5 ghz networks while in work.

Last edited:
Reactions: tripLr

Danmann

Jan 11, 2015
pwoss.org
Signature spoofing is already "ready", you just need to take advantage of it with microG. When it's installed go to apps > permissions > spoof package signature and turn it on for microG and play store/fake store (whichever you use).

Is gsm and registration working for you? I have trouble with it since around 2 builds rremix. I tried the flashable zip of ale5000.
I'm not sure its the ROM, microG or me. Microg seems to be fine. Spoofing etc everything is fine. Just the apps won't registered with microg. ...

Apex Predator

Oct 15, 2011
Is gsm and registration working for you? I have trouble with it since around 2 builds rremix. I tried the flashable zip of ale5000.
I'm not sure its the ROM, microG or me. Microg seems to be fine. Spoofing etc everything is fine. Just the apps won't registered with microg. ...

Dude don't even get me started on GCM registration. It's been a massive pain and has driven me nuts.... But I finally have had some success. I use NanoDroid, which is technically a Magisk module that includes microG, F-Droid, some built in apps plus other features like the ability to debloat system apps on install. It's fantastic and unfortunately had also been frustrating.

One app in particular, ProtonMail has been a real headache. The main problem has been the INCONSISTENT nature of when and how things have worked (or not). Just when you think something's sorted, flash an update or whatever and sh!t's broken again.

Here's where I'm at right now - AICP latest build, Magisk 17.2, NanoDoid 18.3.1 and every app that's wants to register had been able to. The prompt pops up, you hit allow and you're in business. I'm getting apps asking to register that never did before. Something has suddenly gone right and I can't explain it.

The only problem child is ProtonMail. I simply cannot get it's current version 1.9.2 to register no matter what I do. I finally "solved" it by reverting to 1.9.1 and it registered. If I then update it, it stays registered but no messages come through. Revert back and it all works again.

I mention that because it took me a while to think to try an earlier version because (and here's the kicker) - I have previously had the latest version registered and working just fine. Go figure.

So you see why I didn't want to get started on this topic lol. Anyway, please consider trying NanoDroid to see if that helps. It's running a more updated custom microG build. If you find you still have problems, try reverting apps to one version prior. Many apps that use GCM have moved to Firebase (FCM) and just won't work at all. Some will though! There is currently a bounty (that's target has been reached) to pay a developer to update microG to FCM.

You'll find NanoDroid in the Magisk forums here. Give it a try. The combo of that, Magisk and the absolute killer ROM we have here with AICP is fantastic for this phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.
    With the rebrand of CM to LineageOS we are now actually LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LineageOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LineageOS supported, so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS team
    OmniRom team
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @Hashbang173
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Oreo. You don't need to install any Add-Ons, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How To Flash:

(Don't do it if you don't know it!)

sources.png

Gerrit Code Review
    Github
    Kernel
    Device Tree: trlte | trlte-common | apq8084-common

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP 13.1 for trlte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    _mone, LorD ClockaN | semdoc | cvxda | fattire | micky387 | ripee | sassmann
    Source Code: http://github.com/AICP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-07-31
    Last Updated 2018-07-30
    New build up

Download:
    aicp_trlte_o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20180921.zip

Changelog:
    Code:
    * 5th row with numbers added to the keyboard
    * Gesture typing is now working
    * Audio distortion in some apps/games is now fixed

Sharing already another build just because looks like I've fixed the audio distortion in some games/apps (at least from the games I've tested). I would like confirm from you.
    @Apex Predator you need root permissions to be able to switch SELinux to permissive. "Gesture typing" seems to work now. Each build has a random bootanimation (see this commit), you can find the various bootanimations here.
    aicp_trlte_o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20181029.zip

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Take it as a test build..

Changelog:
    Code:
    ====================
         10-29-2018
    ====================

* device/samsung/apq8084-common/
    5c713a8 apq8084-common: Create symlink for proprietary qmuxd

* device/samsung/trlte-common/
    807d245 trlte-common: Drop sensors.qcom

* hardware/qcom/power/
    df5c250 power: only start power HAL service after mpdecision running

* vendor/samsung/
    45f53bc trlte-common: Add qmi_config.xml
    b1d96cb trlte-common: Drop sensors.qcom

====================
         10-28-2018
    ====================

====================
         10-27-2018
    ====================

====================
         10-26-2018
    ====================

cb0b6d6 apq8084-common: remove accidentally added empty lines
    d844cdc apq8084-common: Delete CM overlay and config.rr.fs
    9beb69d Use TARGET_COPY_OUT_VENDOR instead of explicit path

* kernel/samsung/apq8084/
    94143ad6a17 kernel/sys.c: fix potential Spectre v1 issue
    d283ded125e sched/autogroup: Fix possible Spectre-v1 indexing for sched_prio_to_weight[]
    aac55f93b02 sched/autogroup: Fix 64-bit kernel nice level adjustment

* vendor/aicp/
    b66ebe9c verity_tool: Implement status getter

====================
         10-25-2018
    ====================

* lineage-sdk/
    669c60b sdk: resources: Fix lights related comments

* packages/apps/Dialer/
    43a90641f res: Fix malformed XML
    5a940152c Allow call recording for Bulgaria.

* packages/apps/LineageParts/
    3780487 LineageParts: Add strings for Adobe RGB mode

* vendor/aicp/
    08cab1b5 sensitive_pn: General update + new Bulgarian phone numbers
    88872729 build: Support SDM710 platform

====================
         10-24-2018
    ====================

====================
         10-23-2018
    ====================

93358ec apq8084-common: nuke charging speed indication

====================
         10-22-2018
    ====================

====================
         10-21-2018
    ====================

* hardware/samsung/
    f25d431 Adding WiFi MAC address for new S7 devices

====================
         10-20-2018
    ====================

* bootable/recovery/
    2b34c600 recovery: Move bldrmsg offset symbols to bootloader_message.cpp

LineageOS and AICP sources up to date.
    For the adventurous: The kernel has some extra cpu governors and one hotplug.
    Hey @_mone, just curious as i am going to need to reflash my phone again soon due to all the issues relating to magisk 18. Should we expect a newer build at any time relatively soon or have all motives been put toward getting android pie to work on the note 4s?

Here is a new build:
    aicp_trlte_o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20181223.zip

I didn't test it as I'm still debugging lineage-16.0. If you (or anyone else) flash it, let me know if everything is ok and if I can add it to the OP.

Regards,
    _mone