[ROM][8.1][trlte] AICP 13.1 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

guidud

Dec 26, 2008
Tulle Corrèze
I'm becoming cross-eyed looking at all these logs! lol
Sms are working for me.. :confused:
Can anyone grab a "adb logcat -b radio"?
I also would like to look at a logcat and dmesg from boot.

btw I will probably share a new build soon.. I want to make some more changes and tests first though.
Thank you so much for this amazing rom.
My 910F is working very fluently. No problem at all. :good:

Reactions: _mone

_mone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2015
London
@_mone

First log is when I was up and running with 4g LTE and bt headphones
Second log is a reboot, which comes up in 3g no BT headphones . I then toggled airplane mode and 4glte came up

@_mone
Acip extras in setting has a log and share function.
Here is the dmsg . radio and logcat are available also

Needs root to work

ok.. from your 2nd radio log I understood why there is only 3g.. because all the settings are ****ed up and once you toggle airplane mode on/off the settings become what they should've been from the beginning.. "just" have to find out why this is happening.
Your logs start too late.. I need to see what's happening when the phone is booting up. Try to run the aicp extras thing straight after boot. (select everything if possible)

Thanks for helping

Reactions: tripLr

logosA

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
I'm becoming cross-eyed looking at all these logs! lol
Sms are working for me.. :confused:
Can anyone grab a "adb logcat -b radio"?
I also would like to look at a logcat and dmesg from boot.

btw I will probably share a new build soon.. I want to make some more changes and tests first though.

last kms, radio logcat(radioLog) and a logcat when the rom has booted and sim card delay to be recognize by the system.
I made 2 attempts to make a call, ''mobile network unavailable'' ,made 2 attemts to send sms, first is failing, in second attempt sim card is recognized and sms is send. I hope all these are captured in logcat (sim_delay)

PS I can send sms, I dont receive any
N910F

Attachments

• radioLog.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 8
  • sim_delay.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 6
  • last_kmsg.rar
    49.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: _mone

BeckPC

Sep 22, 2016
Louisville
@tripLr I've been thinking about your SMS/SIM problem. I've not had any issues sending SMS or MMS with this ROM. We are both on VZW phones, but you're using Straight Talk. Am I correct?

I may be grasping at straws, but its had me thinking. I believe your APN file might need to be different for your mobile network. I have experienced issues with SMS/MMS/DATA in the past using these 'Snapdragon' ROMS on my VZW branded devices from time to time. Especially with the Note 7 ports. They all required a 'data fix' to make them work. Could you perhaps restore a previously backed up the APNS-CONF.XML file from the /system/etc directory from a ROM that worked perfectly? I'd give that a try to see if it helps resolve the issue. Think of it as a 'data fix' for your device to be compatible with Straight Talk. I certainly don't think it could hurt. This ROM doesn't use the CSC files like other ROMS, but the APN file would affect the network connection.

Just a thought...

Reactions: _mone and tripLr
@_mone
Fresh reboot.

Note system is rebooting into maintenance mode. I select boot normally from there. I usually only see that when I am charging and reboot .

Complete log.
And airplane mode radio log . added to end of last file.
And complete logcat.

Attachments

• aicp_logs(1).zip
    113.2 KB · Views: 2
  • logcat.radio2.txt.zip
    86.3 KB · Views: 4
  • alogcat.2018-09-26-18-00-51-0700.txt
    91.2 KB · Views: 2
@tripLr I've been thinking about your SMS/SIM problem. I've not had any issues sending SMS or MMS with this ROM. We are both on VZW phones, but you're using Straight Talk. Am I correct?

I may be grasping at straws, but its had me thinking. I believe your APN file might need to be different for your mobile network. I have experienced issues with SMS/MMS/DATA in the past using these 'Snapdragon' ROMS on my VZW branded devices from time to time. Especially with the Note 7 ports. They all required a 'data fix' to make them work. Could you perhaps restore a previously backed up the APNS-CONF.XML file from the /system/etc directory from a ROM that worked perfectly? I'd give that a try to see if it helps resolve the issue. Think of it as a 'data fix' for your device to be compatible with Straight Talk. I certainly don't think it could hurt. This ROM doesn't use the CSC files like other ROMS, but the APN file would affect the network connection.

Just a thought...

Sorry, since I have been on lineageos15 I haven't had too many good sim card issues. Not too many sim deaths here though. Horrible on lineageos15. Lineageos 14 worked better, and I haven't tried any other ROMs.
I think there is a stock ported and a stock I could try.

I noticed I can't edit the APN. And when I tried resetting carrier and or global, things got really bad.
Tried wipe telephony from los15, nogo.
That's why I had to do a clean install of @_mone latest build.

Things are manageable.

I don't know where the APN info came from its a complete wipe, several times unless its stored on the sim itself. I know it has storage capabilities for phone numbers and such. Think I have a corrupt sim ? Hmm

Sorry, since I have been on lineageos15 I haven't had too many good sim card issues. Not too many sim deaths here though. Horrible on lineageos15. Lineageos 14 worked better, and I haven't tried any other ROMs.
I think there is a stock ported and a stock I could try.

I noticed I can't edit the APN. And when I tried resetting carrier and or global, things got really bad.
Tried wipe telephony from los15, nogo.
That's why I had to do a clean install of @_mone latest build.

Things are manageable.

I don't know where the APN info came from its a complete wipe, several times unless its stored on the sim itself. I know it has storage capabilities for phone numbers and such. Think I have a corrupt sim ? Hmm

I reset APN via text message,
And my network says global.
Text says enable 4g, when I switch off global to the other options it kills everything

Attachments

• Screenshot_Messaging_20180926-182839.jpg
    Screenshot_Messaging_20180926-182839.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 144
I reset APN via text message,
And my network says global.
Text says enable 4g, when I switch off global to the other options it kills everything

Update.
I think I got my APN fixed. After the text to straight talk. . I changed to each network type and got 4 g to work. Then back to global.

I could tell I lost SMS when I switched around, but got it back with global.

We will see. Thanks for the advice it got me thinking this happened 2 years ago when in went to LOS 14

BeckPC

Sep 22, 2016
Louisville
Good deal! When I go into the 'mobile networks' and select APNs, I see only two, StraightTalk Verizon and Verizon. They cannot be edited either. After a discussion with a Verizon rep, he suggested NOT using the Global setting and leave it on LTE/CDMA. I've never noticed a difference either way.

Oddly enough, I've had my device on for the past few days without an issue. This morning I woke and get 'no service' on the sim. I had to reboot in order to get it back. It was fine last night when I went to bed. I was watching TV on it.

As for the maintenance mode, I get that on nearly every reboot with the VZW device, but not with a power down restart. I always hit the home button to boot normally. It's got to be the kernel doing that. I just don't think there is a replacement that we can use just yet.

As for a possible bad sim card... well, that's always possible. I know Verizon will replace those for free. I had them do it on two of my N4's a year ago. I didn't get any text messages for a full day (my birthday as a matter of fact). I am still not sure if it was due to a bad sim, or a bad ROM I was using (with faulty data settings). I can say that the text messages started working again, even though I hadn't replaced the ROM until the following day. My rule of thumb on checking a ROM's data functionality is to send SMS and MMS to my other phone and reply with the same. If one of them doesn't send or receive (usually MMS), I know there is a data issue with ROM, which could be caused by the APN.

I am still totally amazed how these ROMs can run on so many different models and variants, and still function! Keep up the great work @_mone, I set up two friends using this ROM on their daily VZW N4 devices (older build with the boot.img fix) and they have been doing fine. Every so often they lose the SIM, but a reboot brings it back. They are two of my 'secret' guinea pigs :) and the testing is coming along just fine.

Danmann

Jan 11, 2015
pwoss.org
Any chance to get the possibility to change a hardware button (on/off for example) to answer a call and the other way around?

My sensor seems to be broken or something. I have always a black screen if I get a call or I have to wait until the caller quit the call.

Bug
App circle bar
I can't set it up properly. The trigger region doesn't show up.

maksimreder

May 20, 2012
Any chance to get the possibility to change a hardware button (on/off for example) to answer a call and the other way around?

My sensor seems to be broken or something. I have always a black screen if I get a call or I have to wait until the caller quit the call.

Bug
App circle bar

It's not the sensor. It's a bug, I have the same issue, others reported they don't have a problem with it. I have the Verizon variant and only n910v have this issue from what I read.

Bug
App circle bar

Go into the aicp extras after turning on development mode.
There is some button tweak selections.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

It's not the sensor. It's a bug, I have the same issue, others reported they don't have a problem with it. I have the Verizon variant and only n910v have this issue from what I read.

I stopped having this issue came from LOS 15.

Observation. Lots of lag in apps, open closing.
Bluetooth crashed when opening an unrelated app, and CME back.
Bluetooth crash when hitting play.
Tried changing CPU settings with kernel aduitor.
Made more unstable but noticed more CPUs on line solved most of the bugs.

Theory. Cpu drops a process to start another thread , or a thread that needs more processing hangs when user overrides background processes with a foreground process.

This ROM and LOS15 has some really buggy codebase. Kernel?

Expierment. Reduce CPU load.

Tested kernel aduitor. Some success but higher battery use and

Reading logs notes lots of background processing not working as per @_mone noted about sensors trying to write.

Testing force GPU to draw 2 d processes. Working much better

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
Go into the aicp extras after turning on development mode.
There is some button tweak selections.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I stopped having this issue came from LOS 15.

Observation. Lots of lag in apps, open closing.
Bluetooth crashed when opening an unrelated app, and CME back.
Bluetooth crash when hitting play.
Tried changing CPU settings with kernel aduitor.
Made more unstable but noticed more CPUs on line solved most of the bugs.

Theory. Cpu drops a process to start another thread , or a thread that needs more processing hangs when user overrides background processes with a foreground process.

This ROM and LOS15 has some really buggy codebase. Kernel?

Expierment. Reduce CPU load.

Tested kernel aduitor. Some success but higher battery use and

Reading logs notes lots of background processing not working as per @_mone noted about sensors trying to write.

Testing force GPU to draw 2 d processes. Working much better

Turbo GPU module on magisk manager sorts this out pretty early. Keep all 4 cores active, knock down to around 1800 mhz and set to ondemand.

How to check this? My proximity is also the same but as far as I can recall it started on N, when I was on aicp LP never had proximity issues...

Dig deep into your app manager
Look for system apps

Scroll down to flip flap. It will be installed
You can disable /enable

Sometime your face will act like a cover. The screen goes dark to save power.

I have not had this happen yet.
However I have in developer mode settings forced GPU to draw 2 d .

This is actually going to be part of Linux kernel someday as GPU code is more efficient in drawing than the oem driver.

I had a terrible cpu load on an older laptop I got windows 7 64bit to run because of the 2d drawing. Went to Linux on that laptop.

Check to see of the flip flap interferes by disabling it then re enable it .

Check the GPU 2 d draw. Its really an improvement .

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20180927-212422.jpg
    Screenshot_Settings_20180927-212422.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180927-212428.jpg
    Screenshot_Settings_20180927-212428.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180927-212449.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180927-212449.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: WokMan Noodles

naoatsu

Jul 27, 2007

I also have the same bug with the proximity sensor (910F). When you take an incoming call the screen is switched off and it takes a lot of time to get the screen on although you have finished the call or touch any button (power, home)

@_mone

Latest build.
Low microphone gain. Tested with Hi-Q mp3 recorder.

I also was browsing the code you have posted on github.
Good job. I am learning to read what you have done. It looks like the mixer paths for audio out are correct,
I presume the los mic gain patch will work? Or should I try the magisk module?

So far my Bluetooth has random crashes , but it comes back with toggling the Bluetooth. Dunno why the crash though.

Will that show up in the logcat -b radio command ? If I run it a while will it show up? Or just the main logcat?

Let me know how to help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.
    With the rebrand of CM to LineageOS we are now actually LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LineageOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LineageOS supported, so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS team
    OmniRom team
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @Hashbang173
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Oreo. You don't need to install any Add-Ons, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How To Flash:

(Don't do it if you don't know it!)

sources.png

Gerrit Code Review
    Github
    Kernel
    Device Tree: trlte | trlte-common | apq8084-common

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP 13.1 for trlte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    _mone, LorD ClockaN | semdoc | cvxda | fattire | micky387 | ripee | sassmann
    Source Code: http://github.com/AICP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-07-31
    Last Updated 2018-07-30
    New build up

Download:
    aicp_trlte_o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20180921.zip

Changelog:
    Code:
    * 5th row with numbers added to the keyboard
    * Gesture typing is now working
    * Audio distortion in some apps/games is now fixed

Sharing already another build just because looks like I've fixed the audio distortion in some games/apps (at least from the games I've tested). I would like confirm from you.
    @Apex Predator you need root permissions to be able to switch SELinux to permissive. "Gesture typing" seems to work now. Each build has a random bootanimation (see this commit), you can find the various bootanimations here.
    aicp_trlte_o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20181029.zip

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Take it as a test build..

Changelog:
    Code:
    ====================
         10-29-2018
    ====================

* device/samsung/apq8084-common/
    5c713a8 apq8084-common: Create symlink for proprietary qmuxd

* device/samsung/trlte-common/
    807d245 trlte-common: Drop sensors.qcom

* hardware/qcom/power/
    df5c250 power: only start power HAL service after mpdecision running

* vendor/samsung/
    45f53bc trlte-common: Add qmi_config.xml
    b1d96cb trlte-common: Drop sensors.qcom

====================
         10-28-2018
    ====================

====================
         10-27-2018
    ====================

====================
         10-26-2018
    ====================

cb0b6d6 apq8084-common: remove accidentally added empty lines
    d844cdc apq8084-common: Delete CM overlay and config.rr.fs
    9beb69d Use TARGET_COPY_OUT_VENDOR instead of explicit path

* kernel/samsung/apq8084/
    94143ad6a17 kernel/sys.c: fix potential Spectre v1 issue
    d283ded125e sched/autogroup: Fix possible Spectre-v1 indexing for sched_prio_to_weight[]
    aac55f93b02 sched/autogroup: Fix 64-bit kernel nice level adjustment

* vendor/aicp/
    b66ebe9c verity_tool: Implement status getter

====================
         10-25-2018
    ====================

* lineage-sdk/
    669c60b sdk: resources: Fix lights related comments

* packages/apps/Dialer/
    43a90641f res: Fix malformed XML
    5a940152c Allow call recording for Bulgaria.

* packages/apps/LineageParts/
    3780487 LineageParts: Add strings for Adobe RGB mode

* vendor/aicp/
    08cab1b5 sensitive_pn: General update + new Bulgarian phone numbers
    88872729 build: Support SDM710 platform

====================
         10-24-2018
    ====================

====================
         10-23-2018
    ====================

93358ec apq8084-common: nuke charging speed indication

====================
         10-22-2018
    ====================

====================
         10-21-2018
    ====================

* hardware/samsung/
    f25d431 Adding WiFi MAC address for new S7 devices

====================
         10-20-2018
    ====================

* bootable/recovery/
    2b34c600 recovery: Move bldrmsg offset symbols to bootloader_message.cpp

LineageOS and AICP sources up to date.
    For the adventurous: The kernel has some extra cpu governors and one hotplug.
    Hey @_mone, just curious as i am going to need to reflash my phone again soon due to all the issues relating to magisk 18. Should we expect a newer build at any time relatively soon or have all motives been put toward getting android pie to work on the note 4s?

Here is a new build:
    aicp_trlte_o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20181223.zip

I didn't test it as I'm still debugging lineage-16.0. If you (or anyone else) flash it, let me know if everything is ok and if I can add it to the OP.

Regards,
    _mone