[ROM] [8.1.x] ArrowOS 8.x Oreo Official for Honor 5x (kiwi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

KinG HeaD

Aug 17, 2013
Tripoli
I appreciate you taking the time to grab a log. The instagram camera issue has already been addressed, there just hasn't been a new build that includes the fix yet. Expect one in the next couple of days.

oh sorry I read this reply and i thought it was only me :D

11/26 Unofficial Update

Includes instagram camera fix, in-call volume control fix, other optimizations

Please provide feedback :cowboy:

CYoung234

Feb 8, 2010
Villarrica, Paraguay
There's a couple of 12/7 pie builds with the fix. The official oreo monthly will include it as well, and that should be out this weekend. Don't thank me, thank dobo :highfive:

Okay, great. Thanks to you and dobo..

EDIT: Oh, who is dobo? Do not see him or her in your credits? Also, are logs okay from Syslog? Very easy app to use to capture them, and very complete. I can do a catlog from adb, but Syslog is easy as you only need your phone to take it...

Last edited:

shlape

Oct 22, 2013
The merry ol' land of Aus
I'm currently test driving Arrow 9.x, however I did get people telling me there was an echo when using the phone, but no echo via bluetooth.
This is in the 20181111 ROM. No such report for the previous 20181103.

ahvamaria

Dec 4, 2015
Minor but how do I stop the "Changelog" notice from popping up in the supplied browser upon opening it? Had a look in its settings do not see option to disable it. Thanks.
Edit: fixed.

Last edited:

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
really2 want to use this custom rom...why honor why...give me the booloader coee!

Unless you live in India(I've heard, maybe), you have to pay for it now. Try the hihonors website, they may be able to direct you to a unlocking site. The fee may be $50 , though. This phone is officially abandoned by honor ( not even a official webpage, last time I looked). Huawei/Honor stopped free unlocking this year.
Pin unlocking works, no more fading out on boot. I haven't added fingerprint back yet( but seriously, double tap to wake is good enough). I thought last, unofficial was good, but this is definitely better. May not update to pie, since I don't like Google's implementation of gestures, and Xposed edge's , a better.
Fingerprint works, quickly. Great rom.
---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

IMEI info is back, but different no#. The first four numerals are correct, after they're different. Phone still operates normally, though(data, calls, wifi are fine). Will try my lockscreen/ fingerprint later(seems like no one else has the fading screen problem, upon boot, but mine), but for now, will enjoy the stability of selinux enforcing

Last edited:
Reactions: syafiqalmi95

syafiqalmi95

Jul 31, 2016
Unless you live in India(I've heard, maybe), you have to pay for it now. Try the hihonors website, they may be able to direct you to a unlocking site. The fee may be $50 , though. This phone is officially abandoned by honor ( not even a official webpage, last time I looked). Huawei/Honor stopped free unlocking this year.
Pin unlocking works, no more fading out on boot. I haven't added fingerprint back yet( but seriously, double tap to wake is good enough). I thought last, unofficial was good, but this is definitely better. May not update to pie, since I don't like Google's implementation of gestures, and Xposed edge's , a better.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

IMEI info is back, but different no#. The first four numerals are correct, after they're different. Phone still operates normally, though(data, calls, wifi are fine). Will try my lockscreen/ fingerprint later(seems like no one else has the fading screen problem, upon boot, but mine), but for now, will enjoy the stability of selinux enforcing

50$ time MYR currency will be around RM200...if plus another RM50 i can get second hand honor 5x...huhuhu...hopefully someone can create free software to retrive bootloader key. ..

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
50$ time MYR currency will be around RM200...if plus another RM50 i can get second hand honor 5x...huhuhu...hopefully someone can create free software to retrive bootloader key. ..

Make sure it's already unlocked, but sounds like a plan. Good luck

I haven't seen any issues/complaints for this last update. This one is very good, and fixed a lot of issues(IMEI, and enforcing must have meant alot).
This seems to be the best 8.1 implementation of the bunch, as I read other post for this phone. No probs.
Good one coldhans. Fingerprint issue is gone

Last edited:

amRRady

Feb 21, 2017
Otg

It's an amazing rom the performance is amazing and fluid , everything is working amazingly well , but the one thing that is missing is OTG it would be amazing if you add the OTG Support in the next build , thanks so much for the rom guys :good:

astutobob80

Apr 7, 2010
Hello,
I've some WiFi issue... When the wifi network of my house router goes to channel 13, it is no more visible by my honor with ArrowOS rom.
Do you know why?!

Last edited:

KingJK

May 26, 2018
Does this ROM have built-in system root like lineage os?
Answer please, I want to use this ROM.

Performance wise I recommend the Arrow Pie instead of this one.
They both don't have the built-in system root and you need to use either SuperSU or Magisk to root them.
In case you are going to use Magisk ( which gives you more control) remember to let the OS boot for the first time and finish the setup wizard; then flash Magisk.
Good luck

Reactions: orzowey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP inspired open source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day.
    Telegram: Channel | Group
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

INSTRUCTIONS
    Clean Flash
    1. Download The ROM & GApps
    2. Wipe: System, Data, Dalvik, Cache
    3. Flash ROM + GApps
    4. Reboot & Enjoy
    Dirty Flash
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Wipe: Dalvik and Cache
    3. Flash ROM (+Magisk if rooted previously or if want root)
    4. Reboot & Enjoy

DOWNLOADS
    ROM: SourceForge
    Gapps: GZR Gapps Zero (pico) | Ezio Gapps Mini (nano) | Open Gapps

Note : Pico, Nano or Micro Gapps are recommended. We don't prefer STOCK/HEAVY Gapps

Special thanks to
    @BadDaemon
    AOSP
    LineageOS
    Ezio Lacandia Bijelkic
    Maxwen
    Alex Cruz
    scoute-dich
    Tibor Kaputa
    And all other Open Source - Developers,Teams and Organisations
    Hit a DM if we missed someone - you can always look at GitHub to find more contributors!

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Honor 5X

Contributors
    coldhans
    Source Code: http://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_huawei_kiwi

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official MM (non-VoLTE) firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-12-17

Created 2018-09-25
    Last Updated 2019-03-03
    9/25 update: This build resolves in-call audio issues experienced by certain users with dual sim cards.

AndroidFileHost | MEGA
    Arrow 8.1 will switch to monthly updates for security patches, and official weeklies for 9.0 Pie will start this weekend. Initial 9.0 build and thread are up: https://xdaforums.com/honor-5x/development/rom-arrowos-9-0-pie-honor-5x-kiwi-t3875576
    Update: ArrowOS 8.x Official 12/17

- December security patches
    - Includes latest LineageOS 15.1 kiwi sources
    - SELinux Enforcing

DOWNLOAD

Edit: You can toggle the navbar in Display settings :cyclops:
    Official builds have started! See the updated link in the OP.

Edit: Changelog for this week: Added full rootless Substratum support, merged October security patches.

SELinux is still permissive as of now.

I'll follow up with bug reports in this thread soon, I've been a little busy with work. :cowboy: (thanks especially to @reggjoo for being so active, know that I'm paying attention!)