[ROM][8/12/11] MIUI-darkspadez (v1.8.12)

Search This thread

king870

Oct 11, 2010
Can this be flashed on top of gani's version of miui?

Sent from my HTC Desire Z/G2 using XDA Premium App

darkspadez

Jun 20, 2010
Due to reports over at miuiandroid.com and xda I have included the Theme Manager in this rom to fix force closes. This patch seems to work with the exception of being able to apply themes but at least it doesnt force close. I will include the original ThemeMager.apk in the attachments of this post.

Attachments

• ThemeManager.apk
    375.9 KB · Views: 21

darkspadez

Jun 20, 2010
I got bored so I thought I'd come back to MIUI. Its stock from miuiandroid.com with the exception of adding the latest pershoot kernel to it. I take no credit all credit goes to MIUI and Pershoot.

TheUndertaker21

Jul 11, 2011
Brooklyn
Xposed Modules
I love this one its sexy
Clean and smooth so laggy at time but its awesome
Only problem is It can rotate I mean all apps can be rotated but the ui itself can't sadly I can't wait for next update unlike cm7 this got lot of pretty themes oh yeah it need a app drawer I hate the fact all my apps are on my home screen it already looks like an ios rippoff..
It got folder hey I don't wanna move 400 apps one by one to a folder I can't even select them. So fix that please maybe you can beat cm7 and virtious
There that was my thought on this
Yes I'm using it and I'm in love with it hehe lol

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA App

Whippler

Apr 3, 2011
I love this one its sexy
Only problem is It can rotate I mean all apps can be rotated but the ui itself can't sadly I can't wait for next update unlike cm7 this got lot of pretty themes oh yeah it need a app drawer I hate the fact all my apps are on my home screen it already looks like an ios rippoff..
It got folder hey I don't wanna move 400 apps one by one to a folder I can't even select them. So fix that please maybe you can beat cm7 and virtious

when i came to android (from old symbian). app drawer was nice, it had everything, but when more apps came, app drawer had too much apps in it, not categorized in any way, just aplhabetically ordered, it became a pain to find apps some times, basicle all apps i used were in home screens.

now that all apps are in home screens, i can sort them the way i like and when i get new app i place it where it belongs, and everything is nice and organized.

One screen for games, one screen for backup/theme/root/customization stuff, One whit common apps. and some apps on a folder in dock(@least for now). Got an app called "altDrawer", basically an app for app drawer, but all the apps in one huge grid makes it pain in the ass to scroll trough and find the desired app.

think tha altdrawer is not in market... somewhere here on the xda. here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1154299

edit, and the apps i don't use/need like camera(open it whit the camera button), calendar(use calendar widget), clock(acces via clock widget)... I place in one folder that is in my customization/root/theming screen.

Last edited:

Spastic909

Dec 28, 2010
Just create a folder called apps. And to the guy asking for an app drawer..this isn't the place to ask since the dev really isn't changing the rom that much

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA Premium App

hitman818

Aug 5, 2010
This is the basically the official miui rom right? Since miui.us changed some stuff from the original.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

darkspadez

Jun 20, 2010
All updated! Its stock from miuiandroid.com with the exception of adding the latest pershoot kernel to it. I take no credit all credit goes to MIUI and Pershoot.

Bigt2003

I love this one its sexy

Just use another launcher like Go Launcher, the stock one is too iPhoney for me.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is my version of the MIUI ROM. I just feel that other devs take too long to post theirs so here is mine. The only credit I take is combining the ROM and the EN Lang pack all other credits go to the MIUI team.

Download - MIUI 1.8.12
    Download - MIUI 1.8.5
    Download - MIUI 1.6.10
    Download - MIUI 1.6.3
    Download - MIUI 1.5.27
    Download - MIUI 1.5.20
    Download - MIUI 1.5.6

I will update this every Friday once available from MIUI. I will not fix anything in this rom unless it is major. This is all stock based MIUI no other apps or anything.
    Reserved for Changelog

MIUI 1.8.12

Recommended updates:

Optimisation of text selection methods
    Send files via Bluetooth in any format
    Support for custom calls, messages notification LED color and further support of adjusting LED settings e.g setting flash interval.

Read on for full update list…
    System:

Send files via Bluetooth in any format
    Optimise the selection and action of text, numbers, passwords, e-mail, telephone, URL, and other special fields which can be double-clicked or selected by batch or individually.
    Fix rounding issue of CPU frequency showing 1000.0MB where it should be e.g. 1.0GHz
    Fixed system update problem, package not found after download completed

Phone:

Optimisation of add, delete and edit from call log
    Optimisation of unknown caller notification information
    Optimisation of hang up method and popup notifications
    Fix in some cases SIM card FC problems
    Fix after call is disconnected the screen remains blank for several seconds
    Fix setting network type does not save settings after restart
    Fix ‘More settings’ are not automatically read immediately
    Fix in some cases viewing phone status information causes FC
    Fix in some cases devices which have wipe data get FC when opening dialer

Messaging:

Optimisation of bulk message removal and progress
    Optimise support to send pictures via File Explorer
    Optimise message notification volume
    Optimisation of SMS center number and timeout settings
    Fix in some cases delivery report repeated pop ups continually
    Fixed “no messages” background appears while switching the SMS pages Fixed the recipient state of error while writing messages to strangers

Contacts:

New, re-index data function, when contacts are not displayed, Settings > Fix data index
    New quick operation panel will pop-up on the click of strangers’ avatar, support for details viewing
    Optimise dial up switching optimisation
    Optimised tips of contact editing interface, no tip will be shown without editing
    Optimized when you add a new contact, if the input is empty, a prompt box will pop up to ask if you want to input or cancel
    Optimisation of progress meter when deleting contact
    Fixed false prompt while editing contacts
    Fixed In some cases after you remove the contact, the call record of this contact in the dial-up list doesn’t change correspondingly.
    Fix exchange account contacts group contacts causes FC
    Fix inserting new named empty contact shows incorrectly in list
    Fixed wrong amount of group contacts when only contacts with phone numbers are displayed.

Lockscreen, status bar and notifications:

Optimised lockscreen memory footprint by an average of 80%
    Lockscreen optimised to support audio
    Optimised to view programs currently in use through the new lock-screen
    Optimised slide down unlock region
    Fixed the interface might flash before locking when you light up the screen in some cases
    Fixed lockscreen preview cannot display missed calls or messages

Homescreen:

Optimise hiding of desktop shortcuts e.g. contacts if contacts application is hidden
    Fix time zone changes do not update the clock widget immediately
    Fixed problem in editing mode dragging items was inaccurately positioning
    Fix issue where folders sometimes disappear
    Fixed the size of some widgets of 4 * 1 change into 4 * 2
    Fix icons overlapping in some cases

Browser:

Optimisation of startup and browsing speed
    Default navigation page optimisation to directly enter favorites and history
    Fix for Google Voice search
    Fix pressing back key would not close / exit the application
    Fix quick links disappearing after they are edited
    Fix problems with download file names being corrupted

Themes:

Optimisation of information when new lockscreen is applied, prompt user about previews
    Optimised full page details, background changes to black
    Optimised failure of backing out from the details page to the page list
    Optimisation of online theme browsing and loading of previews
    Fix details page preview, exiting full screen preview does not show preview in center of interface
    Fix details page click on both sides of the preview into the full-screen preview mode causes errors
    Fixed in some cases the “Currently used” icon displays the wrong ringtone selected
    Fixed theme details did not show the number of downloads

Music:

Fix response time selecting music functions on lockscreen
    Fix in some cases player exiting abnormally when loading

Access controls:

Optimisation of hidden applications, hidden applications are listed at the top of the page for quicker selection and opening

LEDs:

Added support for custom calls, message notification LED color and breathing / blinking frequency (Settings moved to Settings -> Personal)

File Explorer:

Optimise access to files from other applications e.g. themes and music
    Optimise category listing interface when SD card is mounted or unmounted
    Fix copy, cut and paste for large number of files causes performance issue and FC
    Fix copy, cut and paste files in category browsing interface displays incorrect file counts (out of sync)

Backup:

Optimise backup and restore processing
    Check internal storage space before recovery
    Optimise local backup and restore performance
    Optimise local backup of third-party applications
    Optimise recovery speed and avoidance of duplicate data synchronisation
    Fix list style issues when applying theme backups
    Fix issues with backup of alarm settings, restoring invalid data
    Fix after successful backup does not automatically lock screen
    Fix cloud backup previous backup time displayed as 1970-1-1

Download manager:

Added support to delete downloaded files history individually or by batch
    Fix problems with setting Wi-Fi only download still caused download over 3G / GPRS data connection

Settings:

Optimised “base” option adaptation model will not show when there is no base model (8.8)
    Optimised “security info” adaptation model in “About phone” will not show if there is no corresponding model (8.8)

Yes with the English Language Pack already built in.
    Updated Changelog for tomorrows release.
    New update is up. Sorry about last week because of the lang pack delay I had other obligations I needed to do. The only credit I take is combining the ROM and the EN Lang pack all other credits go to the MIUI team. I have also zip aligned all .apks to optimize ram usage.