• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][8/25/17][Marlin][7.1.2][WEEKLY]Team OctOs Oct-N

Search This thread

Jerreth

Mar 9, 2011
Oregon
After the latest update i am unable to be on a call and use data/Internet. Is this a bug others are having on the latest release?

Ok i fixed it, I had to use the hidden dialer menu to enable VoLTE provisioning *#*#4636#*#*, phone information, scroll down and enable the VoLTE provisioning.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjkacz

fatapia

Apr 21, 2010
I only had one hiccup when installing this, I followed the OP and read the thread and found others had issues with TWRP RC2 so I used RC1.

The one hiccup I had was during set up during where you say "Ok Google" 3 times, after the first "Ok Google" it took 10 seconds for me to get a prompt that said "Unable to use microphone, restart device" but the Mic worked no problem right after without needing to reboot. I did not use the recommended Beans GAPPS and used Open GAPPS so this is more than likely all on me but wanted to report this. I installed the latest weekly and all seems good. Thank you!!

Update: Had another issue that was caused by open gapps without a doubt, I was unable to use the Camera app from Google but I went ahead and redid the install using the recommended beans gapps and camera works without a problem. So I guess even tho gapps supports the A/B scheme there are other issues present

Last edited:

gettingerr

May 4, 2016
Annapolis
On the latest update, many of my apps crash constantly. I've tried wiping the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing the cache, clearing data. Any one else having this issue or know a fix?

cjkacz

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 11, 2013
Sardinia
www.teamoctos.com
I only had one hiccup when installing this, I followed the OP and read the thread and found others had issues with TWRP RC2 so I used RC1.

The one hiccup I had was during set up during where you say "Ok Google" 3 times, after the first "Ok Google" it took 10 seconds for me to get a prompt that said "Unable to use microphone, restart device" but the Mic worked no problem right after without needing to reboot. I did not use the recommended Beans GAPPS and used Open GAPPS so this is more than likely all on me but wanted to report this. I installed the latest weekly and all seems good. Thank you!!

Update: Had another issue that was caused by open gapps without a doubt, I was unable to use the Camera app from Google but I went ahead and redid the install using the recommended beans gapps and camera works without a problem. So I guess even tho gapps supports the A/B scheme there are other issues present

I'm using open gapps right now as well and the Google camera does not work for me either. Funny that all other cameras work though.

Jerreth

Mar 9, 2011
Oregon
Loving this rom Guys keep up the good work.
I do however have a couple issues

1. led pulse setting wont stay off led will pulse anyway

2. and the more pressing issue is that wifi will turn off while sleeping even though all settings are set to keep it on dont optimize no battery saver. anyideas? this seems to be on the most current 6/9 version only so far.

Edit: Just had it lose connection and reconnect during screen on this is happening on multiple WiFi networks.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjkacz

cjkacz

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 11, 2013
Sardinia
www.teamoctos.com

2. and the more pressing issue is that wifi will turn off while sleeping even though all settings are set to keep it on dont optimize no battery saver. anyideas? this seems to be on the most current 6/9 version only so far.

Edit: Just had it lose connection and reconnect during screen on this is happening on multiple WiFi networks.
I haven't noticed either issue on mine but I will keep a closer look. Especially with the WiFi

fatapia

Apr 21, 2010
Anyway to disable rom update nag?

Go to Settings -> Tentacles -> Under System, click OTA Updater -> Change your Automatic Update Interval to Disabled.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

FWIW i haven't had either issue happen to me. I'm on the May release with the april bootloader, running 5/26 weekly version.

Reactions: hovercraftdriver

blonoth

Jul 6, 2017
#ask
I'd installed on my Lenovo A6010+, but i'd problem with rear camera and flashlight not work, how fix it? The only camera working is the front facing camera. there is no option to turn the camera around to use the back facing one. I have tried other apps but there are no options to do so.

Last edited:

Stevica Smederevac

Mar 8, 2011
Novi Sad
#ask
I'd installed on my Lenovo A6010+, but i'd problem with rear camera and flashlight not work, how fix it? The only camera working is the front facing camera. there is no option to turn the camera around to use the back facing one. I have tried other apps but there are no options to do so.

You are in the wrong thread so I doubt you will find answers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    octos_large-1.png
    Octos-300.png
    Disclaimer: OctOs is a WIP. It has been evaluated as being stable, and is suitable for daily use in most cases. While it may be considered stable, there may be unknown bugs. The development team is not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.

MOVING NEXUS AND PIXEL DEVICES TO LINEAGEOS BASE
    FEBRUARY 7, 2017
    AARON WEIS

Oh no what have we done?!

For the past few months Team-OctOS has been maintaing two seperate Nougat code bases. An AOSP based branch for the Nexus/Pixel devices and a LineageOS based branch to support all of the other devices. This also means that team has been split working on two seperate projects. In order to get the team back to being a team we’ve made the tough decision to discontinue the AOSP branch. All current officially supported devices will still be supported using the LineageOS base OctOS.

Expect to see weekly builds for the below devices on the Oct-N Weekly (LineageOS base) download page begining Feb 10th.

Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
    Nexus 5x (bullhead)
    Nexus 6 (shamu)
    Nexus 6p (angler)
    Pixel (sailfish)
    Pixel XL (marlin)

*You will need to wipe data. No dirty flashing when switching to the new base

We will be hard at work as a whole team again developing OCT-N from one common branch.​

Team OctOs presents Oct-N.

We maintain a current release record and change-log on our website: http://www.teamoctos.com

Vendor for NJH47F 7.1.2 found here
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634791204

TWRP RC1 found here

https://twrp.me/devices/googlepixelxl.html

We recommend and use Beans Gapps.

Beans GAPPS package found here:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/106779856550530107480

Flashing Instructions:
    1. Download ROM .zip file and MD5 file
    2. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Reboot to Recovery from Power Menu, Hardware-based boot to recovery, or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
      --- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM ---
    3. Factory Reset from TWRP
    4. Flash Rom
    5. Flash Vendor
    6. Flash Twrp RC1
    7. Reboot Recovery (Do not boot to rom yet)
    8. Flash Gapps
    9. Boot ROM
    10. ROOT IS NOT INCLUDED IN INITIAL FLASH. TO GAIN ROOT USE SuperSu 2.79RC3. AFTER FIRST BOOT, BOOT BACK INTO RECOVERY AND FLASH SuperSU. IT MUST BE FLASHED AFTER FIRST BOOT.
    Download
    Download from Team-OctOS web site!
    Change log
    View change log on Team-OctOS web site!

- Please Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to. -

Feature List
    • Substratum rootless theme engine support (must install Substratum from play store)
    • Tentacles settings!
    • Pixel Launcher Included
    • OmniSwitch
    • Power menu options
    • Screenshot
    • Screen record
    • DPI settings
    • Status bar time and date options
    • Status bar network traffic indicator
    • Status bar notification settings
    • Quick tile settings
    • Volume button playback control
    • Volume button wake
    • DUI (fling, pulse, smartbar)
    • Screen record
    • And much more!!!!

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: Is this Android 7 (Nougat)?
    A: Yes, this is Android 7.1.2

Q: What code is Oct-N based on?
    A: This version of Oct-N is based on LineageOS 14.1

Q: Why isn't there XYZ feature?
    A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But all the others have..
    A: ROM developers, build something they want to use. The ROM developer that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't include (or don't want to include), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Oct-N.

Q: What about root?
    A: Root is removed by default (user will be able to flash which ever root zip they want)

Bugs:
    Bugs happen. Our testers are very good at breaking things, but no where near as good as the rest of the Android public. In order to investigate and fix issues, we need the help of the users who are going to report them. The Android OS has many nifty features to help us in this, but only if we can engage the user to assist us.

Logs, Logcat, and the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB)
    Like any other OS, Android has multiple log files that are generated and record the goings-on of the system. As a user, you have two basic ways to view and pull these to send to us. Without the information in the logfiles, there simply is not a whole lot of information to go on.

Log file APKs
    Team OctOs recommends SysLog from the Android Market. This application will allow you to selectively pick any (or all) of the system logs, compress them into a .ZIP file, and allow you to save, email, move to your Copy/DropBox/Cloud Storage account, etc.

ADB Logcat
    The Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) is a powerful tool available from Google as part of the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). Used for many things, being able to selectively see, in real-time, what your device is doing cannot be downplayed. While there is more setup involved, if you are doing consistent ROM flashing, you really should invest the time to get setup properly to do it.

ADB Logcat tutorial here: How to create a logcat log

Download
    Download from Team-OctOS web site!
    Change log
    View change log on Team-OctOS web site!

The foundation of the Android OS is the fact that is it open-source. We have all code we use internally in the creation of Oct-N available on our GitHub repositories.

Unless otherwise specified, all Oct-N builds kernel souce can be found on github at Team-OctOS.

Team OctOs GitHub - http://www.github.com/Team-OctOs
    Team OctOs Gerrit Review - http://www.teamoctos.com:8080
    Team OctOs GPLv2 License - http://www.teamoctos.com/license/
    Team OctOs Patreon Campaign - https://www.patreon.com/TOctOs
    Donate to OctOS Developement (PayPal)

Want To Build Your Own?
    Check out the ReadMe on our GitHub for Instructions

Special thanks to
    • Our testers, without which, there would be no public releases for OctOs

We would also like to thank
    • AOSP
    • Open Gapps
    • LineageOS
    • Dirty Unicorns
    • Pure Nexus
    • Anyone else who has ever submitted Open-Source code

Follow Team-OctOS!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Marlin][7.1.2-Lineage]Team OctOs Oct-N, ROM for the Google Pixel XL

Contributors
    cjkacz, manfromgta, canodroid15
    Source Code: https://github.com/Team-OctOS-Devices

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-25

Created 2017-01-07
    Last Updated 2017-08-25
    Ok so most of you are probably wondering what's going on? Are these guys dead? The answer is definitely not. In fact, we are in the process of building OctOS from the ground up. Has anyone here heard of Pac-Rom? I bet most of you have. Well we are pleased to announce that the core dev team of PAC has joined OctOS !! Together we intend on building a great, new exciting ROM for you based on AOSP-CAF source. As mentioned, we are starting from scratch. We have new githubs that I will link so you can follow along with our progress. We are very excited about this change! More to come!

https://github.com/TeamOctOS

https://github.com/TeamOctOS-Devices
    New build is up!
    Octos oreo downloading thanks
    It's not ready. I only made that build public to share it with other developers to help.
    Our Jenkins server is building our weekly builds as we speak. Builds will be found here when completed

https://www.teamoctos.com/oct-n-test-builds/

Please follow the install instructions in this OP. Pixel devices are not the same as Nexus , please familiarize yourself with your device before attempting to flash anything on it.

Remember this is an Alpha build. It has been tested thoroughly but you will find some minor bugs. We will continuously be updating and making it better! Enjoy!