[ROM][9.0.0][Kenzo]AOSP for Redmi Note3[20180825]

#Rohan

Aug 17, 2016
Bhilai

Disclaimer:
We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

What's AOSP?
AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Nexus devices stock rom without gapps.
We added few non-AOSP features for a better user experience and we NOT going to add something other.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, Sms, Data)
  • Fingerprint
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • VideoPlayback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • Led

Known issues:
  • Hardware encryption
  • Camera is a bit laggy

Instructions:
  • Download the latest build
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Reboot

Downloads:

Credits:
Thanks all the testers who flashed initial builds & provided logs for all issues & Guys who helped me in fixing things:D

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP for Redmi Note3, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
#Rohan
Source Code: https://github.com/DRohan007/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Decrypted
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2018-08-25

Created 2018-08-25
Last Updated 2018-08-27

Last edited:

balazs312

Dec 6, 2014
So nice to see that we have stable Pie on Kenzo, good job!
Looking forward to your work and everyone's who's still working on this beast. :p

By the way, is it still laggy? Because few days ago I tried a stable Pie release but it wasn't the smoothest experience.

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
With official twrp or treble supported?
what do you think??????

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

@#Rohan I faced game lagging issues when I play PES2018..please fix it?
its the first release plz understand or build your own Pee rom :p

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

short review
its pure aosp ofc dont expect customizations at all.
its not super smooth plz dont think after flashing this you will get pixel smoothness or oreo and nougat smoothness.
didnt face any "MAJOR" bugs bluetooth works so does wifi
camera is ok works for the most part but mostly crashing installed gcam seems ok didnt try getting in the settings tho.
all pie perks present
battery page is weird like I used the device for 30mins but still says screen on time was 0 mins also i dont know oif the mobile standby drain is still present because the battery usage page is prolly broken
the device gets hot after some time expect these things from alphas gapps worked fine no issues.
otherwize i would say the hard part is done its booting with everything working now its just optimizations with custom kernels and also i forgot the button backlight is not working.
once again good job @#Rohan

Last edited: