Search This thread

YashGarg10

Oct 2, 2016
Ghaziabad
forum.xda-developers.com
http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS

Known issues:
  • VOLTE
  • FM Radio

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot

Changelog (16/10/2018):
  • October Security Patch
  • Some UI Changes

Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS v16.0, ROM for the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus

Contributors
YashGarg10, harry8242
Source Code: https://github.com/Yash-Garg/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8916

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP , Bootloader Unlocked

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v16.0
Stable Release Date: 2018-09-19

Created 2018-09-19
Last Updated 2018-10-18

Attachments

• photo_2018-09-20_02-36-34.jpg
    photo_2018-09-20_02-36-34.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 12,217
  • photo_2018-09-20_02-36-53.jpg
    photo_2018-09-20_02-36-53.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 12,298
  • photo_2018-09-20_02-37-56.jpg
    photo_2018-09-20_02-37-56.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 11,994
  • photo_2018-09-20_02-38-27.jpg
    photo_2018-09-20_02-38-27.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 11,878
  • photo_2018-09-20_02-40-29.jpg
    photo_2018-09-20_02-40-29.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 11,672
  • photo_2018-09-20_02-44-18.jpg
    photo_2018-09-20_02-44-18.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 11,781
Last edited:

KevinMorato

Dec 20, 2014
São Paulo
Should miracast/screen mirroring be added to non working list if it's not lineageos related like the dark mode,accents and hw keys not working, the same about fm radio since it's not included and it's not known if it works or not, the another ones is the device being in my case an a6020l36 recognized as an a6020l40 as SD415 and which in fact is an SD616 ?
also battery being stuck at 99% not showing
any drainage but it's getting drain.

Last edited:

neeraj22

Jan 2, 2017
This ROM feel a tad bit soomther than the one hyper team has uploaded. It also fixes the brightness issue. Apart from these 2 they are pretty much the same

adinechin

• Sep 19, 2012
    Lyon
    About battery performance and durability, is it more like Nougat or Oreo ?
    And is there the SIM disabling functionality ? I think Lineage was reintegrated it...

Sent from my Lenovo K5 Plus using XDA Labs

G

GuestD0300

i'm using this rom for 40 minutes with wifi on, gps on, brightness on max, also I downloaded some apps and battery is still at the same %. I don't know if it's bug or battery backup is so amazing..

ntchinh

Oct 16, 2017
    I see that too

i'm using this rom for 40 minutes with wifi on, gps on, brightness on max, also I downloaded some apps and battery is still at the same %. I don't know if it's bug or battery backup is so amazing..

You turn off the phone, remove the battery, then reinsert the battery and turn it on. You will see another % battery. I think it's a bug

samm28

Apr 8, 2018
    Suggest me an independent app that can show battery percentage and an app alternative to volte(if there is any).
    Dt2w, network monitor, long press power button for torch are not working. A little lag is present whole switching between apps double tapping recents button.
    Smooth, lag free interface, Gaming performance is outstanding..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
      /*
       * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
       * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
       * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
       * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
       * Same statement for XDA.
       */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
      • Boots
      • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
      • Wi-Fi
      • Bluetooth
      • Camera
      • Camcorder
      • Video Playback
      • Audio
      • Sensors
      • Flash
      • LED
      • GPS

Known issues:
      • VOLTE
      • FM Radio

Instructions :
      • Download the latest build and GApps
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the latest build and GApps
      • Reboot

Changelog (16/10/2018):
      • October Security Patch
      • Some UI Changes

Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS v16.0, ROM for the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus

Contributors
      YashGarg10, harry8242
      Source Code: https://github.com/Yash-Garg/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8916

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
      ROM Firmware Required: TWRP , Bootloader Unlocked

Version Information
      Current Stable Version: v16.0
      Stable Release Date: 2018-09-19

Created 2018-09-19
      Last Updated 2018-10-18
      No build as of now because no major changes are there so I'll do a build when there will be some UI and other updates :)
      I am aware of the Battery percentage bug, will be fixed in the next build!
      please bring the next build soon
      this bug was not there in the last build....
      Just because of this attitude many devs left, also i am not paid for this stuff so it is my choice to provide updates or not.
      Stable, good for battery (i think better than Oreo ROMs i've tried), without major bugs, smooth and fast. Thanks a lot for yours hard job, really appreciate it!
      Working good with microG :) (had some issues but finally, I managed to set everything up).

hi, can you help? how to use microG for this ROM? maybe other users also want to know how.
      For devs, if my question is incorrect for this thread, please ignore or delete it. :D

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

hi, can you help? how to use microG for this ROM? maybe other users also want to know how.
      For devs, if my question is incorrect for this thread, please ignore or delete it.

1. Flash ROM
      Don't flash GAPPS
      2. Flash NanodroidPatcher to enable signature spoofing
      https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904010107
      3. Turn on your phone and if everything is OK reboot it back to TWRP
      //It is not necessary step, but it was how I did it and it worked, you can try to flash all zips in one go if you want to
      4. Flash microg-unofficial-installer ZIP
      https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/microg-unofficial-installer-t3432360
      5. Boot yours phone.
      //It will be booting a really long time, don't panic. I was stuck at this moment for good because I was thinking that it was bricked. But it just need a long time to first boot. So I just turn it on, plug it in to the charger and went to sleep, beacue I was too impatience to wait and look to the screen all the time :D
      6. Go to microG settings → UnifiedNlp Settings → Configure location backends
      Turn on everything in here
      7. Go to microG settings → UnifiedNlp Settings → Configureadress lookup backends
      Turn on everything in here
      8. Reboot phone, go to miccroG settings → Self-Check
      Tap on "battery optimization" to check this on, and check if every checkobx is ok.
      //That should be the end, but in my case last checkbox was unchekcked. If it is your's case continue reading, if you're set up, congratulations
      8. Go to settings → Security & location → location → Advanced → Scanning
      Enable Wi-Fi scanning and (optionally) Bluetooth scanning
      9. If you have last chekckobx blank, try to download different location back-end. For me it was GSM Location Service from F-Droid
      https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.fitchfamily.android.gsmlocation/
      10. Install it, configure it in "microG settings → UnifiedNlp Settings → Configure location backends", turn it on with all others backends turned on too.
      11. Turn on/off/on wifi, turn on/off/on location, turn off/on all location backends
      This did the job for me, as you see in screenshot below. Good luck!

EDIT: Optional (but recomennded step): Add microG repository to F-Droid
      1. Download F-Droid
      https://f-droid.org/en/
      2. Go to microG site on yours phone
      https://microg.org/download.html
      3. Click on the link "https://microg.org/fdroid/repo" and open it with F-Droid app
      4. Now you can automatically update all yours microG compnents through F-Droid

Some apps to use instead of Google
      YouTube -> NewPipe
      Gmail -> K9 / FairMail / Gmail in browser
      GooglePlayStore -> Aurora Store / Yalp
      GoogleMaps -> OSMAnd / Google maps in browser
      GoogleAuthenticator -> andOTP

All of them you can find in F-Droid, I'm also using a lot of PWA on Brave browser
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone