[ROM][9.0.0][tissot] Lineage 16.0

Search This thread

crossxn

Nov 2, 2010
Ehm how do I install the latest build? Like usual update via TWRP over my last update with System / Davlic Cache wipe? Because after flashing the latest build TWRP is telling me that there is No OS installed.

Edit: NVM Figured it out, just looks like old TWRP compatibility issue, just reboot to Fastboot and boot to recovery via TWRP image after Cache Dalvik / System wipe + Firmware install and then install Gapps, everything works fine now, thank's.
Please provide latest build install procedure. Thanks.

Xaviers101

Oct 12, 2016
Thimphu
Please provide latest build install procedure. Thanks.
Try this. flash stock pie via mi flash tool. Boot into stock rom once. Reboot to fastboot mode/bootloader by pressing power + vol down.
Fastboot boot TWRP recovery. Wipe system, data, dalvik, cache. And flash rom.
Do not flash twrp installer.
Reboot to bootloader , fastboot boot twrp img.
Flash gapps, magisk 18.0
Reboot to system.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: crossxn

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
If your SIM card is not LTE enabled it might not work. Anyway try installing Network Signal Guru, open it, choose "Lock Bands" from the top right menu and select LTE. Does it show band 7 and 20? I only see Band 1,3,5,40,41 :rolleyes: Please report back I'm curious. :cyclops:

So, I tried the "lock bands" and saw only 1, 3, 5, 40 and 41...

I reverted back to November backup from this morning and saw this (attachment) :confused:

No 20 as well?!

I don't care, I don't need B20 but the December FW obviously has it's problems

Reactions: saski4711

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Forgot the attachment :eek:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181230-185955_Network_Signal_Guru.png
    Screenshot_20181230-185955_Network_Signal_Guru.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 468

oceanbreeze

Oct 20, 2017
Try this. flash stock pie via mi flash tool. Boot into stock rom once. Reboot to fastboot mode/bootloader by pressing power + vol down.
Fastboot boot TWRP recovery. Wipe system, data, dalvik, cache. And flash rom.
Do not flash twrp installer.
Reboot to bootloader , fastboot boot twrp img.
Flash gapps, magisk 18.0
Reboot to system.

Yes I did exactly that and it worked just fine this way. Do not install TWRP Zip after flashing ROM, it will case system destroyed message to appear on first boot.

Xaviers101

Oct 12, 2016
Thimphu
Yes I did exactly that and it worked just fine this way. Do not install TWRP Zip after flashing ROM, it will case system destroyed message to appear on first boot.
This is my understanding so far... For some reason, Twrp needs to be updated to work with stock pie. As you all know latest build has been updated to stock pie base. Hence the issue bcos of flashing twrp installer zip.

saski4711

Jul 9, 2016
So, I tried the "lock bands" and saw only 1, 3, 5, 40 and 41...

I reverted back to November backup from this morning and saw this (attachment) :confused:

No 20 as well?!

I don't care, I don't need B20 but the December FW obviously has it's problems

I see the same LTE bands on my device with december fw. after rolling back to november fw and restoring my oreo efs everything is back to normal. After clean flash the latest build runs fine even on november fw as well :) !
Did you restore your efs? Remember you also have to flash the november fw package to roll back modem, dsp and other fw blobs.

Tepig

Apr 9, 2018

You can avoid the System destroyed error if you flash ROM, GAPPS, TWRP and then flash Magisk after flashing the TWRP zip.

That's what I have been doing and TWRP works fine (tested with stock 9, lineage, Syberia and Arrow)

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
I see the same LTE bands on my device with december fw. after rolling back to november fw and restoring my oreo efs everything is back to normal. After clean flash the latest build runs fine even on november fw as well :) !
Did you restore your efs? Remember you also have to flash the november fw package to roll back modem, dsp and other fw blobs.
Yeah, I did revert to November with boot, modem, efs and everything. Then, I wiped the cache and flashed the ROM, but only dirty.

As u see something HAS changed from December to November FW but still I don't see band 20. However I don't even know if I should. I am on Vodafone in Germany and there's only Edge where I live. I don't even know if it should see the band 20?!

I might try stock November and stock December but I have little time tomorrow. New year's Eve preparations, son's birthday, stuff like that :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181230-181849_Network_Signal_Guru.png
    Screenshot_20181230-181849_Network_Signal_Guru.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 1,559
  • Screenshot_20181230-185955_Network_Signal_Guru.png
    Screenshot_20181230-185955_Network_Signal_Guru.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,604
Reactions: saski4711

Buckethand

Nov 10, 2014
Aveiro
You can avoid the System destroyed error if you flash ROM, GAPPS, TWRP and then flash Magisk after flashing the TWRP zip.

That's what I have been doing and TWRP works fine (tested with stock 9, lineage, Syberia and Arrow)
So you flash all on the same slot? Or first rom gapps twrp them reboot recovery and flash magisk?

Last edited:

LilBlinx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 17, 2012
Skopje
Xiaomi Poco F3
And by the way, for people wondering if this becomes official anytime soon - yes, I'm polishing it now and fixing the remaining bugs to make it /really good/.
Once 16.0 releases officially - I will not keep you waiting too long for tissot support... Unless I die of a heart attack/stroke/New Year's consequences.

Wouldn't the kernel tree shared between mido and tissot be a problem?

Tepig

Apr 9, 2018
So you flash all on the same slot? Or first rom gapps twrp them reboot recovery and flash magisk?

Sorry for not clarifying. You need to follow the usual procedure of AB devices (flash ROM in one slot, reboot to switch to the other one, flash Gapps and Magisk in different slot)

What I usually do is:

- Flash ROM
- Switch slot
- Flash Gapps
- Reboot to System
- Boot TWRP again (using fastboot and the twrp IMG)
- Flash TWRP zip
- Flash Magisk

Last edited:
Reactions: Buckethand

razorinc

Sep 9, 2008
so for system has been destroyed messsage steps are:
-flash firmware
-flash rom
-reboot to bootloader and flash twrp
-flash gapps
-reboot system
-reboot bootloader and flash twrp
-flash magisk and reboot system

notice: for some reason twrp wont stay, it must be flashed from fastboot every time to enter it

murtaza1326

Jun 21, 2014
godhra
murtazapiplod.ml
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Try to reboot to recovery once again and install them.

are you aware of this (because i saw no one reported this earlier ?) if not then do kindly look at this

ims registration service shows not registered but volte/dual 4g works for both sims)
happens on both december firmwares (10.0.2 and 10.0.3)
on november firmware it works fine
Screenshot-20181231-123055-CPL.png

happy new year :) btw and thanks for this awesome work :)

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

also cant enroll more then 3 fingerprint with help of my friend subham singh he debugged it and found that because of old (finger print getting saved) and not getting removed it can not enroll more fingerprints from having old one as backup one's
results in i can save 3 fingerprints only
deleting persit fingerprints can get us more fingerprints this was carried out by goodix hax for fingerprint seems like it is not working anymore
Screenshot-20181231-124825-Quickstep.png

regards :laugh: :good:

Last edited:

olistudent

Dec 25, 2017
Yeah, I did revert to November with boot, modem, efs and everything. Then, I wiped the cache and flashed the ROM, but only dirty.
You should definitely see band 20. Which EFS backup did you restore? I used the one from Joey Huab around here and I got back band 20...

First restore EFS backup. Then flash november firmware, magisk, kernel.

Regards,
Oliver

saski4711

Jul 9, 2016

As u see something HAS changed from December to November FW but still I don't see band 20. However I don't even know if I should. I am on Vodafone in Germany and there's only Edge where I live. I don't even know if it should see the band 20?!

I might try stock November and stock December but I have little time tomorrow. New year's Eve preparations, son's birthday, stuff like that :)

Very strange. My old MiA1 (now bricked) lost LTE band 20 somewhere back in april while testing various custom roms. Never got the band back even with the help of low level qualcomm tools. I too live in germany but I'm on o2 and in my rural hometown there is only moderate lte b20 - nothing else not even 2g ;)

By the way: Try dialing *#*#4636#*#* select Phone Information and fro the top right menu "Select Radio Band". Try "Band 800 DD" or somthing similar if listed if you're in lte b20 range. You can checkout where your carrier offeres b20 with this slick tool: https://www.cellmapper.net/map

Anyway happy new year :highfive:

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Very strange. My old MiA1 (now bricked) lost LTE band 20 somewhere back in april while testing various custom roms. Never got the band back even with the help of low level qualcomm tools. I too live in germany but I'm on o2 and in my rural hometown there is only moderate lte b20 - nothing else not even 2g ;)

By the way: Try dialing *#*#4636#*#* select Phone Information and fro the top right menu "Select Radio Band". Try "Band 800 DD" or somthing similar if listed if you're in lte b20 range. You can checkout where your carrier offeres b20 with this slick tool: https://www.cellmapper.net/map

Anyway happy new year :highfive:

Thanks, mate. I am considering using LTE (I'm on Lidl Connect in the vodafone network) - but since there is only EDGE around where I live I don't know if that would help...
However, I don't need the phone during the holidays and was able to back everything up and make some tests. I actually went back through ALL and EVERY modem from Joeyhuab's thread, even restored my LowLevelBackup and found my Band 20!

But guess what: I found it on the November Stock ROM from 2017!!! :laugh: Android 7.1.2... well. Since I went back to stock I am now upgrading through some tissot images and keeping an eye on the basebands. I'll try and get to december without losing it. I'll report back.

EDIT: Soo, this might not work for you, but here's what I did to get Band20 back.
1.) Revert to previous EFS/modem. I had a LowLevel backup from treblizing.
2.) Using the bash scripts (flash_all.sh) I flashed the official tissot images 7.11.18. This is the same process than MiFlash does. I personally went down 8.1.10 and from there to 7.11.18 but I do not know if that is needed.
3.) On stock 7.11.18 I had the correct bands selectable and updated directly to "tissot_images_V9.6.8.0.ODHMIFE_8.0"
4.) From there I did not get the Pie stable update so I hot-booted the "boot-recovery.img" from the PixelExperience thread and installed the TWRP-Stock-Pie-stable zip from this forum.
5.) Now I had Band20 on Pie with december firmware.
6.) last step: Format data, install Lineage (btw: 20181229 zip is not linked in Post #1) and Band 20 is still present. I won't touch my firmware again until absolutely necessary.

And guys: make backups.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts