• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0.0] ViperOS [CEDRIC][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

italomourag

Aug 18, 2018
Zoom bug on Instagram after weeks

I don't know why, but my Instagram can't zoom and don't record (only record without zoom). This is happened after weeks using this ROM and I don't make any changes in system.

Footej camera and Gcam crashs after take more than 1 picture.

Last edited:
May 20, 2018
RJ
Yes, I haven't say that safety net patch not worked on the contrary it works by me too, but if I reboot and it starts the system I get a message with internal system error, it's annoying, because it is possible to fix this in the ROM.
Hey man, I found a way to pass on SafetyNet on this rom.

Basically, you need the Pixel 2 fingerprint, you can use MagiskHide Props Config to change your fingerprint to Pixel 2.

I found this information here: https://github.com/cedric-developme...mmit/0ab0571e3e9c6e95250c8f0003a3c9b8953f0acd

I believe that in the next build they will add this fingerprint by default.

Reactions: Chekm8Qc

iamDeeh

Oct 3, 2014
São Paulo
Custom is fine, I migrated from ViperOS (8.1) to (9.0) but my Wi-Fi connection disconnects every 1 minute, I installed only custom and Gapps (nano), battery manager is disabled.

Calls: OK;
Camera (gapps nano): OK;
Footej and Open Camera, I have tested and they are OK;
Fingerprint, not sure, flash FIX with ROM; but OK
LTE, OK;

I have only the problem with WI-FI, can anyone help me?

I have a note: I downloaded the latest .ZIP available on the site https://viperos.gitlab.io/ for my device (cedric) but when checking the OTA updates, a pending update appears. I downloaded it and let it install automatically and it went into infinite loop and had to reinstall everything again.

Text above written via Google Translate

Reactions: arvindgr

butchcs

Aug 20, 2015
Lübeck
Diag Kernel Driver

Hello,

i've some trouble with "SnoopSnitch" App. It needs the DIAG_CHar Kernel Driver.
Is it possible to compile it in, or can i install it or is it a Problem of my device? Cause it works well on my "Desire"...

Thanks and regards

MakyDangers

Feb 26, 2014
Cartagena
www.facebook.com
Hello, how are you all?
I have a question, can I install this rom with TWRP 32 bit? because at the time of installing the twrp 64bit, it asks me for decrypt password, and it does not let me install anything, I do not know what to do about it, I have the xt1671

XenaPolaris

May 10, 2019
I'm currently using ViperOS Coral 3.1.1 (Android 7.1.2) and I can't use the WI-FI/USB tethering. in this new version tethering works ? and would it be possible to update without losing data?

fighuass

Dec 9, 2016
Anyone else having a lot of battery drain lately? I mainly use my phone for WhatsApp Web, so I just leave it on 24/7 and don't really interact with it, but for some reason the battery drains super fast, like 50-60% in 4-6 hours or so.

In the battery settings all apps only drain about 1% or 2% at most so it seems okay, but after checking for wakelocks it seems Google Play Services and WhatsApp are keeping the phone awake (GPS waked my phone about 300+ times or so, WhatsApp 100+ times).

What should I do?

EDIT: Well, I moved to Telegram, so that fixed it entirely, but before that I installed Greenify which fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1rdc

sir_overthrow

Apr 1, 2014
Móstoles
Late applications that load into memory when they are opened for the first time.
wifi zone needs patching by adb shell so that from the internet: adb shel; settings put global tether_dun_required 0

ffpp.2003

Feb 21, 2018
Córdoba, Argentina
6hjdrBL.png

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

Added OTA Services updater

Statusbar
QS settings
Clock statusbar settings
Battery style
Carrier label
Network traffic
4G/LTE icon toggle
Rounded corner settings
QS for Reboot/Recovery

Recents
Style recents AOSP and QuickStep
Button clear and Membar for recents AOSP

Lockscreen
Face auto unlock
WheaterClient
Battery info Charging

System
Color engine
theme QS style
Buttons and navbar settings
LED battery Charging
LED notifications colors
Power Menu advanced
Fonts packages

Many other customizations, install and take a look

Download:

Official website: Download

GApps:
OpenGapps: OpenGApps

Credits & Thanks:

All ViperOS Team
LineageOS team
And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Other links

XDA:DevDB Information
ViperOS, ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
ZJRDroid, EsromTech, JBCDroid
Source Code: https://github.com/viper-project

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 6.1

Created 2019-02-11
Last Updated 2019-02-11

Please, somewone help me, I have this phone from a friend, and he wants this specific rom. Can anyone provide me the laest zip link? Cause, when I enter to the download link, it redirects me to the official ViperOS website, and the Moto G5 (cedric), does not appear on the device list.

In advance, thanks

May 20, 2018
RJ
Reactions: ffpp.2003

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6hjdrBL.png

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

Added OTA Services updater

Statusbar
    QS settings
    Clock statusbar settings
    Battery style
    Carrier label
    Network traffic
    4G/LTE icon toggle
    Rounded corner settings
    QS for Reboot/Recovery

Recents
    Style recents AOSP and QuickStep
    Button clear and Membar for recents AOSP

Lockscreen
    Face auto unlock
    WheaterClient
    Battery info Charging

System
    Color engine
    theme QS style
    Buttons and navbar settings
    LED battery Charging
    LED notifications colors
    Power Menu advanced
    Fonts packages

Many other customizations, install and take a look

Download:

Official website: Download

GApps:
    OpenGapps: OpenGApps

Credits & Thanks:

All ViperOS Team
    LineageOS team
    And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Other links

XDA:DevDB Information
    ViperOS, ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
    ZJRDroid, EsromTech, JBCDroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/viper-project

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 6.1

Created 2019-02-11
    Last Updated 2019-02-11
    Finally!
    First of all I want to thank the developers. I use this ROM since the Oreo version.

I'm using the Pie version for a few days and the only big problem has been the battery that unloads too fast compared to the Oreo version, even with mobile in stand by. 20% of the battery ends during a dawn... When I use normally the screen ends in only 3 hours (while in the Oreo version ended in 4 hours).

The camera is good for use (without delay when I open the app), nor delay in the flashlight. However, in Footej the phone freezes if it connects the flashlight with the camera. Audio recording in camera is low... But I'm not sure.
    I know nothing about the native camera.

The ROM is fluid. Again, compared to the Oreo version, there is a bit of a delay when opening applications, but it's not a problem.

To install this ROM you must be in the Oreo Stock ROM. This avoids bugs in fingerprint and probably in camera.

Again, congratulations to all developers.
    Yes, I haven't say that safety net patch not worked on the contrary it works by me too, but if I reboot and it starts the system I get a message with internal system error, it's annoying, because it is possible to fix this in the ROM.
    Hey man, I found a way to pass on SafetyNet on this rom.

Basically, you need the Pixel 2 fingerprint, you can use MagiskHide Props Config to change your fingerprint to Pixel 2.

I found this information here: https://github.com/cedric-developme...mmit/0ab0571e3e9c6e95250c8f0003a3c9b8953f0acd

I believe that in the next build they will add this fingerprint by default.
    Custom is fine, I migrated from ViperOS (8.1) to (9.0) but my Wi-Fi connection disconnects every 1 minute, I installed only custom and Gapps (nano), battery manager is disabled.

Calls: OK;
    Camera (gapps nano): OK;
    Footej and Open Camera, I have tested and they are OK;
    Fingerprint, not sure, flash FIX with ROM; but OK
    LTE, OK;

I have only the problem with WI-FI, can anyone help me?

I have a note: I downloaded the latest .ZIP available on the site https://viperos.gitlab.io/ for my device (cedric) but when checking the OTA updates, a pending update appears. I downloaded it and let it install automatically and it went into infinite loop and had to reinstall everything again.

Text above written via Google Translate
    Anyone else having a lot of battery drain lately? I mainly use my phone for WhatsApp Web, so I just leave it on 24/7 and don't really interact with it, but for some reason the battery drains super fast, like 50-60% in 4-6 hours or so.

In the battery settings all apps only drain about 1% or 2% at most so it seems okay, but after checking for wakelocks it seems Google Play Services and WhatsApp are keeping the phone awake (GPS waked my phone about 300+ times or so, WhatsApp 100+ times).

What should I do?

EDIT: Well, I moved to Telegram, so that fixed it entirely, but before that I installed Greenify which fixed the problem.