[ROM][9.0.0][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-7.0 [bacon]

Search This thread

Spy20

Jan 11, 2012
All links are in the first post. Read carefully.

Sorry, but i read this many times and don't find the answer.

Why in the changelog, the last change mentionned bacon since to 2019-06-01 ?
All other like android_vendor_carbon concerned all phone ?

if the latest updates do not add anything to bacon, I will not install them

ze7zez

Aug 24, 2012
Kraków
nz.geoview.info
Sorry, but i read this many times and don't find the answer.

Why in the changelog, the last change mentionned bacon since to 2019-06-01 ?
All other like android_vendor_carbon concerned all phone ?

if the latest updates do not add anything to bacon, I will not install them

Changes apply to the entire tree for all devices and/or for individual tree branches for a specific device.
You do not need to upgrade the ROM with each release, but if you want to report problems, they must always be the latest version of the ROM.
I think post #34 is also for You.

Reactions: Spy20

Spy20

Jan 11, 2012
hello I am looking for experience feedback for this rom. according to the use stability and autonomy. I stayed a long time on arrow os lineage 16. what can you tell me. thanks in advance

Ashu7397

May 29, 2015
Guys, my phone battery is dead apparently. I'll try to find a replacement. Until then I won't be able to push any device specific changes. Still trying to figure out the wifi display issue lol. :p

Reactions: thoiloidainhan

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
Guys, my phone battery is dead apparently. I'll try to find a replacement. Until then I won't be able to push any device specific changes. Still trying to figure out the wifi display issue lol. :p

Sorry to hear that man :(

Thanks for the effort. I am on an older version but which wifi display issue you are talking about? I have no problem :)

The manin issue is when I use home screen rotated, it is nearly impossible to touch on fixed icons. Google App / Search keeps popping. It seems like an orientation problem i guess.

Regards.

Ashu7397

May 29, 2015
Sorry to hear that man :(

Thanks for the effort. I am on an older version but which wifi display issue you are talking about? I have no problem :)
Like trying to connect to external display over wifi, does a soft reboot of the phone. Does it work for you?

For the rotation issue, could you provide some screenshots?

Reactions: ze7zez

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
As for wifi display, i do not have a smart TV but I have a IPTV box from Huawei produced for a local company. It has built in YouTube, and when I press cast button on YouTube app on my phone, it does connect to it without any problem.

Not sure if it is same with screen casting.

Ashu7397

May 29, 2015
As for wifi display, i do not have a smart TV but I have a IPTV box from Huawei produced for a local company. It has built in YouTube, and when I press cast button on YouTube app on my phone, it does connect to it without any problem.

Not sure if it is same with screen casting.
Screencast is different than casting from YouTube. Screencast is like display mirroring over wifi.

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
Could you please try using some other launcher and report back please? I couldn't reproduce it.

It is impossible to reproduce the issue with Nova as it still shows Google Search Bar when Home Screen is rotated. If there is another Launcher you want me to try, I can happily do that. I wanted to try Pixel as well but it does not install at all. Play Store gives me an error.

For my stock, please see the attached pic. I highlighted the area where Google Search Bar seems to be invisible located. Yellow square is where G sign is located, and orange square is where voice search icon is located.

Attachments

• Nova.jpeg
    Nova.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Stock-Quick.jpg
    Stock-Quick.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 175

Ashu7397

May 29, 2015
It is impossible to reproduce the issue with Nova as it still shows Google Search Bar when Home Screen is rotated. If there is another Launcher you want me to try, I can happily do that. I wanted to try Pixel as well but it does not install at all. Play Store gives me an error.

For my stock, please see the attached pic. I highlighted the area where Google Search Bar seems to be invisible located. Yellow square is where G sign is located, and orange square is where voice search icon is located.
Okay.. I'll report it to the team

thoiloidainhan

Jun 10, 2011

Then the solution is easy right? Just use another launcher. There are heap of good launchers these days. Lawnchair V2 is undoubtedly the best atm in term of features but it lags on bacon. I'm using Hyperion which is another awesome one made by the same team that makes substratum, isn't as feature-full as lawnchair but no lag

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
Then the solution is easy right? Just use another launcher. There are heap of good launchers these days. Lawnchair V2 is undoubtedly the best atm in term of features but it lags on bacon. I'm using Hyperion which is another awesome one made by the same team that makes substratum, isn't as feature-full as lawnchair but no lag

I aint complaining man. There is a bug and I am reporting it. The only problem is with left bottom icon and I changed where my twitch icon is at. So no problem left for me. But it may be disturbing for someone else or for any other apps running (i do not know).

I do not even need to install another launcher. Everything is fine except laggy app drawer and this is all about Open GL issue that devs are aware of.

pecolard

Sep 24, 2018
I'm facing the wifi/LTE leak again, and obliged to reboot to get data back (icon doesn't show any symbol like LTE or H+). I haven't changed radio firmware for a while. Could you tell me which one I have to flash?
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FHYPLJY4DCl90bLLZj9vuLuk0P2I%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FIfblItr.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub and at CarbonROM Gerrit

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quick responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend OpenGapps. MindTheGapps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Downloads:
    Official Builds
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    CarbonROM's GitHub
    CarbonROM Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    Ashu7397, Myself5, darjwx
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-05-29
    Last Updated 2019-06-22
    New update has been pushed. The wireless display should be fixed ( But I couldn't test it, so if anyone can, please let me know ). Also sepolicy is strengthened further. For complete changelog: https://carbonrom.org/carbonrom/changelog/
    Huge thanks to the CarbonROM team as a whole for being awesome.
    Also to @Agent_fabulous as I took his trees as a base.

Known bugs as of now:
    1. App crashes on taking a photo while recording.
    2. Wifi Display is not working.

Other than that, you tell me :)

Please report any bug you find on a proper way.

Screenshots:

Screenshot_20190530-003945_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190530-003914_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190530-003919_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190530-004009_Quickstep.jpg
    Guys, sorry I was busy for a while. I had exams going, so I wasn't active on the forums. However, I have addressed the issues and we are looking into it.
    As far as posts for updates goes, I haven't put up any since there were no device-side changes. Whenever there is a significant bug fix or optimisation regarding our device, expect a post from me. Otherwise, the weekly addresses the rom-side changes and bug-fixes, and all the changelog can be found here.
    There was one significant update with the kernel with the sultan optimizations, I didn't mention, as I wanted to see if you guys felt any difference, and I didn't want it to be a placebo. So there are CPU based optimizations to make the touch feel smoother and also make it a little bit better for the battery too.
    Hope this finds you well. Thanks for your support guys. :)
    Feel free to post any bug you find on a proper way:
    1. Build you are running
    2. Mods you are using: music mods, magisk, whatever.
    3. How to reproduce it.
    4. Logcat, ksmeg... if applicable.

I would like this thread to be an example of a development thread so please:
    1. Be respectful with each other.
    2. READ a couple of times the OP before posting. If there is anything that is not in the op and should be there just let me know.
    3. Search before posting, maybe your question is already answered.
    4. Features request are allowed, but it doesn't mean I will fulfil all of them. And they are not the reason behind this thread.

That's all for now. Enjoy CarbonRom :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone