[ROM][9.0][08.05.2019][UNOFFICIAL]dotOS 3.0[BLUELINE/CROSSHATCH]

Search This thread

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester
Hopefully, I'm not the only person left on this ROM hoping for an April update. Been pretty slow on this thread.

Nah man, this ROM is fantastic. I'm sure it has a dedicated fanbase.

I sure hope so. I love it and have no interest in changing from it.

Apologies, I'm maintaining both AEX and dotOS aswell as trying to work full time haha. I've been running the April build since yesterday just to make sure it's working ok and it's fine so I've uploaded now. It should be in the mega repo linked within the OP now (or within a few minutes when upload is complete).

Blueline will be up shortly.

Last edited:

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Apologies, I'm maintaining both AEX and dotOS aswell as trying to work full time haha. I've been running the April build since yesterday just to make sure it's working ok and it's fine so I've uploaded now. It should be in the mega repo linked within the OP now (or within a few minutes when upload is complete).

No need to apologize bro, you're doing a great job and i'm pretty sure we all appreciate you're hard work and dedication building these roms for us ;) :good: Still waiting and hoping for ril fix for HavocOS rom and i'll have my daily driver back @CodeFox :p

Last edited:

sliding_billy

Apr 23, 2012
North Texas
Google Pixel 3

No need to apologize bro, you're doing a great job and i'm pretty sure we all appreciate you're hard and dedication building these roms for us ;) :good:

Wasn't sure you had converted completely to only AEX. Very hard work maintaining both I am sure. Slightly different animals for sure though, and this one suites me perfectly. Thanks, @CodeFox!

P.S. Any need to flash April Vendor or anything?

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester
Wasn't sure you had converted completely to only AEX. Very hard work maintaining both I am sure. Slightly different animals for sure though, and this one suites me perfectly. Thanks, @CodeFox!

Yes you need to be on April firmware. I always flash stock factory image first before going to custom roms but just see if that works for you.

Reactions: sliding_billy

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
Google Pixel 6 Pro

If coming from March rom then yes flash April vendor , if already on April then theres no need just back up incase.

sliding_billy

Apr 23, 2012
North Texas
Google Pixel 3
Yes you need to be on April firmware. I always flash stock factory image first before going to custom roms but just see if that works for you.

Looks like a winner this month including phone call audio. I dirty flashed the April build over March using the TWRP 3.2.3-5 .img instance. After reboot, I fastboot flashed radio to both slots, rebooted again and flashed vendor to both slots. Permanent install of TWRP 3.2.3-5, reboot and then back to permanent TWRP, install Magisk 19.0, reboot and install ElementalX 1.07 with EX Kernel Manager auto install. Did a final test of everything including calls and it worked without having to jump slots manually and install dotOS again. Assuming the same process works in May (which will jump slots again of course), I'd say I have a better way (for me) than doing a full install of the new image (with -w) to both slots before installing dotOS. Not sure whether it was radio or vendor that was the root cause of the call issues, but it took a matter of seconds and one reboot to flash them both so I will probably do the same.

Now that that two months worth of phone call stupidity is behing me... is there a changelog for the update or was in only security patches? Thanks for everything, @CodeFox!

Reactions: CodeFox

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester
Looks like a winner this month including phone call audio. I dirty flashed the April build over March using the TWRP 3.2.3-5 .img instance. After reboot, I fastboot flashed radio to both slots, rebooted again and flashed vendor to both slots. Permanent install of TWRP 3.2.3-5, reboot and then back to permanent TWRP, install Magisk 19.0, reboot and install ElementalX 1.07 with EX Kernel Manager auto install. Did a final test of everything including calls and it worked without having to jump slots manually and install dotOS again. Assuming the same process works in May (which will jump slots again of course), I'd say I have a better way (for me) than doing a full install of the new image (with -w) to both slots before installing dotOS. Not sure whether it was radio or vendor that was the root cause of the call issues, but it took a matter of seconds and one reboot to flash them both so I will probably do the same.

Now that that two months worth of phone call stupidity is behing me... is there a changelog for the update or was in only security patches? Thanks for everything, @CodeFox!

Glad to hear it's working without issues this time around. With regards to changelog you can checkout the dotos Gerrit for latest merged changes http://gerrit.droidontime.com/q/status:merged from what I can tell there's not really anything new, just the boot animation which is nice.

Last edited:

sliding_billy

Apr 23, 2012
North Texas
Google Pixel 3
Glad to hear it's working without issues this time around. With regards to changelog you can checkout the dotos Gerrit for latest merged changes http://gerrit.droidontime.com/q/status:merged from what I can tell there's not really anything new, just the boot animation which is nice.

I do like the boot animation, and it just sounds like bug fixes otherwise. Hopefully, you can get to your real job now that both of the OS updates are in.;)

ChiddyBng

Apr 11, 2019
Hey guys!

I want to flash this rom, i've read many of the comments here but didn't find my answer.

Is there any tweaks on performance/battery (or options we can play with)? I'm looking for something that will give a boost to my battery! :)

Thanks,
ChiddyBng.

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester
Hey guys!

I want to flash this rom, i've read many of the comments here but didn't find my answer.

Is there any tweaks on performance/battery (or options we can play with)? I'm looking for something that will give a boost to my battery! :)

Thanks,
ChiddyBng.

You're better off looking into kernels rather than the ROM. The only sort of battery saving feature that I *think" is in AOSP is smart pixels where you can turn off a certain percentage of screen pixels to save battery.

lortay78

Sep 25, 2010
Boise, Idaho
plus.google.com
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this build. I was a chronic flasher/modder back in the early and mid Nexus days when cm was this big buzz. I tinkered around with compiling my own builds a few times... But I haven't flashed a custom rom for a few phones now.
For boring reasons I found myself in a situation where I needed to use aosp outside of Google. I picked this build because it was the newest one that day.
I have never had a better experience on a phone. The code is elegant and robust. And it flies. Than you. Where can I donate?

Last edited:

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this build. I was a chronic flasher/modder back in the early and mid Nexus days when cm was this big buzz. I tinkered around with compiling my own builds a few times... But I haven't flashed a custom rom for a few phones now.
For boring reasons I found myself in a situation where I needed to use aosp outside of Google. I picked this build because it was the newest one that day.
I have never had a better experience on a phone. The code is elegant and robust. And it flies. Than you. Where can I donate?

Glad you like the build - I'll be compiling the may security update within the next few days :). If you'd like to donate you can use this link.

Slomies

Jan 16, 2011
Does this ROM have the center clock with day and time? I'm on blueline and my OCD likes the clock in the center.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Does this ROM have the center clock with day and time? I'm on blueline and my OCD likes the clock in the center.
same here lol

dunno this rom, haven't tried it yet, but FYI i found center centre clock+date in just a few roms (like for example aquarios, aosip, bootleggers)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190506-225643_XDA_Labs.png
    Screenshot_20190506-225643_XDA_Labs.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: Slomies

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dotos_blue.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 3.0
    Device: Crosshatch
    Maintainer: CodeFox
    Build Status: Unofficial

Disclaimer.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
     * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

About.png

dotOS is an Android Rom which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

Instructions.png

CLEAN FLASH :

I will assume you already have TWRP installed. If not, there's plenty of guides around.
    Wipe everything but internal storage.
    Flash the ROM
    Flash TWRP again to maintain your custom recovery.

Gapps are included

DIRTY FLASH :
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build
    Wipe Cache
    Reboot

Downloads.png

Mega Download Repo (Crosshatch + Blueline)

Features.png

Code:
    [LIST]
    [U][B]STATUSBAR:[/B][/U]
    [*]Battery Icon Style
    [*]Clock and Date
    [*]Statusbar icons
    [*]Traffic indicators
    [*]Brightness Control
    [*]Show data disabled icon
    [*]Roaming Indicator
    [*]Battery Bar Customisation
    [*]Misc

[U][B]Navigation Bar:[/B][/U]
    [*]Navbar modes(Stock, Smartbar, Fling)
    [*]Smartbar tweaks
    [*]Navbar Pulse
    [*]Fling mode gestures
    [*]All DUI nav tweaks

[U][B]QUICK SETTINGS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Brightness slider toggle
    [*]Titles visibility
    [*]Tiles track accent color toogle
    [*]Quick pulldown
    [*]Smart pulldown
    [*]Rows and columns tweaks

[U][B]RECENTS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Memory bar
    [*]Immersive recents
    [*]Clear all fab
    [*]Clear all fab location

[U][B]LOCKSCREEN:[/B][/U]
    [*]Double-tap to sleep
    [*]Lockscreen Tuner
    [*]Charging info
    [*]Media cover art toggle
    [*] Lockscreen Visualizer
    [*] New Set Lockscreen Clocks
    [*]Face auto unlock
    [*]Fingerprint Authentication Vibration
    [*]Lockscreen Tuner
    [*]hide Clock and date widget
    [*]Hide status bar items

[U][B]BUTTONS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Powermenu tweaks
    [*]H/W keys customisation
    [*]Volume button tweaks

[U][B]MISC:[/B][/U]
    [*]Launch music app on headset connection
    [*]Battery light charging customisations
    [*]App Ops

[U][B]DotUICenter:[/B][/U]
    [*]Accent Color Manager
    [*]Qs panel Customisation
    [*]Misc features
    [/LIST]
    Credits.png

DotOSteam
    AOSP
    JDC Team
    Aosp Extended
    Dirty Unicorns
    And all other open source Devs/Teams.
    Team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer
    Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator
    Iacob Ionut - UI Developer/ Core Developer
    Hari Ambadi - Core GFX/Visual Designer

Special thanks:
    Alexc Brookes - Arts & Wallpaper Designer
    Paul Petrov - Arts & UI Designer

Squid From bootleggers from helping me out.[/SIZE]

Sources.png

dot
    OS source

Kernel Source & Device tree can be found in my GitHub here (All Credit to AOSIP Team for the tree :) )

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS
    st4.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.0][08.05.2019][UNOFFICIAL]dotOS 3.0[BLUELINE/CROSSHATCH], ROM for the Google Pixel 3 XL

Contributors
    CodeFox, Squid7331
    Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest March Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2019-02-13

Created 2019-02-13
    Last Updated 2019-05-08
    Dirty unicorns managed to work out how to get active edge into custom ROMs, so I'll probably have a new build out soon with that included ?
    Can we flash this build or?

Nope. I removed the may builds - turns out the source hasn't had may security patch updated yet. Not sure why as the dotOS team are usually fairly quick at this... As soon as it's merged I'll compile.
    Any chance of this coming to pixel 3(blueline)?
    I will do the new build including active edge today for both Pixel 3 and Crosshatch. I wanted to see if there was any demand for Pixel 3 first.

I am curious about something that I hope you can give me some idea of why this happens. I have noticed on virtually every rom that a while after flashing some times the Icon for "Accent" disappears from the quick settings - plus, sometimes the option to change to dark theme disappears from the "Display" section of settings. It just isn't there any more.

I wasn't sure why this happens - and it seems to happen on every rom I have tried so far. (it hasn't happened to me on this rom yet, but I thought maybe you knew why it was happening. Any ideas?

I do want to thank you for this rom - everything is working very nicely so far....

I don't seem to have this issue with dotOS so far.

will you suit pixel 3 blueline?

Yes, today! :)

This is the one main reason I haven't bothered with custom ROMs and stayed stock on my Pixel 3 XL. If you can integrate this, that would be the push that would get me to jump ship pretty quickly. Definitely would recommend making this a priority as pretty much zero rooms include this feature, with exception to DU it seems.

It will be added sir :)

Is there a fine changer built into this Rom? I looked at GitHub and didn't see one. If not, can I change fonts via Substratum?

If you mean theme changer, yes. You can change accent too. You can also enable substratum to overwrite the theme accents.

I'm not getting any sound when making phone calls. Anyone else experience this?
    Yeah I've not faced this issue. Make sure you're on the February patch firmware as the tree is based on latest source.

Glad you like the build - I'll be compiling the may security update within the next few days :). If you'd like to donate you can use this link.