[ROM][9.0.0_r21] LineageOS-16.0 [lux] [UNOFFICIAL]

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram

This is an experimental build
I dont have a moto x play (lux) . so report bugs with adb logs

Hey ,

Welcome to the goodness of Pie This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of Pie for Moto X play

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Disclamier:

* Include <std_disclaimer.h>
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

What's working?

RIL
Storage
4G
GPS
Battery LED
Offline charging

What's not working?

VoLTE
Camera
WiFi
Selinux Enforcing

Other minor Bugs Maybe :angel:

Downloads:

Download [lux] (sept-vendor twrp required)

Vendor enabled twrp is required from here

DONATIONS : Paypal

Credits:
AOSP
Open Gapps
LineageOS
TheMuppets

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][9.0.0_r21] LineageOS-16.0 [lux] [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Moto X Play

Contributors
althafvly
Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2019-01-09
Last Updated 2019-07-14

Last edited:

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
Please give proper credits to squid. Who's device tress you are using.
There is no need to fight here. My work is open source and everyone is free to make use of my commits. @althafvly is a friend of mine, and the trees he used are his own, with help from the community, including some of my commits. Asim has done great work in keeping the Motorola msm8916 family going with new versions of Android while I've been busy with other things.

We may have different approaches, and different standards and practices for official LineageOS trees, but I fully respect the work of Asim.

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram
There is no need to fight here. My work is open source and everyone is free to make use of my commits. @althafvly is a friend of mine, and the trees he used are his own, with help from the community, including some of my commits. Asim has done great work in keeping the Motorola msm8916 family going with new versions of Android while I've been busy with other things.

We may have different approaches, and different standards and practices for official LineageOS trees, but I fully respect the work of Asim.
Thanks brother for your support. For others, I respect all devs who helped me in developing for msm8916 family. I did used squid's commits and my commits for the development of los16 . i thank squid for recent updates for lux. I don't even have a lux, so it was really helpful .im just compiling rom for lux because i saw lux people are not having a fully working lineage oreo or pie build.

If no one want any build from me then, feel free to say
Im ready to quit

Sorry for my bad English

Sr.Jagger

Nov 2, 2016
RS
Thanks brother for your support. For others, I respect all devs who helped me in developing for msm8916 family. I did used squid's commits and my commits for the development of los16 . i thank squid for recent updates for lux. I don't even have a lux, so it was really helpful .im just compiling rom for lux because i saw lux people are not having a fully working lineage oreo or pie build.

If no one want any build from me then, feel free to say
Im ready to quit

Sorry for my bad English
Hey, I partly agreed with @methuselah because I kinda missed the coloborator/thanks section... But other than that, there's nothing wrong, as @squid2 said, it's open source.
So please, keep the "make" up mate! :highfive:

Arless Weschler

Oct 30, 2018
Internet connection does not work with data packets.

I'm not getting impatient, I just let you know. I'll be wait, you're welcome. [/CENTER]

This is an experimental build
I dont have a moto x play (lux) . so report bugs with adb logs

Hey ,

Welcome to the goodness of Pie This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of Pie for Moto X play

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Disclamier:

* Include <std_disclaimer.h>
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

What's working?

RIL
Storage
4G
GPS
Battery LED
Offline charging

What's not working?

VoLTE
Camera
WiFi
Selinux Enforcing

Other minor Bugs Maybe :angel:

Downloads:

Download [lux] (sept-vendor twrp required)

Vendor enabled twrp is required from here

DONATIONS : Paypal

Credits:
AOSP
Open Gapps
LineageOS
TheMuppets

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][9.0.0_r21] LineageOS-16.0 [SEP-VENDOR] [lux] [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Moto X Play

Contributors
althafvly , squid2, Alberto97
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/MOTO-M8916[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2019-01-09
Last Updated 2019-01-09

Pich018

Feb 18, 2017
If you want it's possible for me for help in the development of this rom with my second moto x play. But i don't understand anything in development language. It's possible for me to give the logs if you explain me how.

The install open gapps android 9.0 no works fine for me. The phone crah after start

corum3

Jun 23, 2012
Amsterdam
Heres my manifest
https://github.com/MOTO-M8916/android_manifest[/QUOTE]

there is a small error . /setup/android_build_env.sh should be . /setup/android_build_env.sh

i know it seems petty to bring it up, but .......

Once past that, and everything is installed, the "brunch lux" starts, with a few warnings, but carries on, i guess now I have to start learning loads of stuff ;)

failed, after long hours, with "ninja failed with: exit status 1

seems I need to install m4 and ninja build, still failed with ninja failed, So i deleted everything and started again with m4, ninja-build, updated etc running brunch lux again.

Its only when one starts playing with these builds that one truly realises the work the devs put in, to keeping our stuff working, my admiration grows.

xargs: /mnt/WD3/scripts/lineage/out/host/linux-x86/bin/hiddenapi: terminated by signal 4
[ 81% 11299/13844] //frameworks/base/libs/hwui:libhwui link libhwui.so
Warning: request a ThreadPool with 1 threads, but LLVM_ENABLE_THREADS has been turned off
[ 81% 11300/13844] //art/runtime:libart link libart.so
Warning: request a ThreadPool with 1 threads, but LLVM_ENABLE_THREADS has been turned off
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
16:08:46 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (56:10 (mm:ss)) ####

Last edited:

rohilmogal77

Jan 28, 2019
i have stock N rom in moto x play.Now i flashed the vendor unlocked twrp recovery and i want to flash unofficial lineage OS 16,so please tell what should i wipe before installing rom.Do i have to wipe vendor partition or just data and cache?
Please someone describe the step by step process for lineage os 16.

Last edited:

smyaknti

Oct 20, 2015
Kolkata
i have stock N rom in moto x play.Now i flashed the vendor unlocked twrp recovery and i want to flash unofficial lineage OS 16,so please tell what should i wipe before installing rom.Do i have to wipe vendor partition or just data and cache?
Please someone describe the step by step process for lineage os 16.
I wiped all: System, Vendor, Cache and Data.

First time TWRP wont find the cache partition probably as it is remapped so it will throw an error but from the next instances, it shall continue normally.

Reactions: jaibar