[ROM][9.0.0_r37] AospExtended ROM V6.5 [UNOFFICIAL][NITROGEN][MI MAX 3]

Search This thread

Wmateria

Oct 13, 2015
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I think the main problem is that no APN is being set or displayed.
I had to go back to the Xiaomi EU Rom. I will wait till this problem gets fixed.
Also you can copy the APN settings on AOSiP and apply it by set up new APN on this Rom. That's what i did to get the network data to work.

I definitely recommend this Rom because battery life is much better than AOSiP.
@Mohzuned there's another problem, when turning on location, turning location off requires for me to go to Google--> Location--> and shut off "Use Location" to turn off GPS.

Last edited:

Chaudoir411

Feb 8, 2017
Hi guys,

When I flash this I have no problems with the rom. Only issue is I dont have a fingerprint reader? Doesnt even come up with the option?

Any suggestions?

I have the global 4gb/64gb version.

Thanks.

Chaudoir411

Feb 8, 2017
Yeah I did all by the book or exactly as the guide says.

I just tried AOSiP and the finger print worked just fine.

I did notice a note regarding the fingerprint in AOSiP "Fingerprint (FPC & Goodix)"

I assume I have one or the other that doesn't work in this ROM?

Hopefully someone can confirm this.

allmankind

Apr 29, 2010
The installation instructions state: "Flash AEX Package"

Could someone elaborate on how to flash the AEX package.
Is the AEX package the AospExtended ROM in zip format I downloaded?

I tried to install using TWRP, but all I got was an error message. What am I missing here?

Thank you.

PS: I am trying to install on a Mi Max 3 6/128GB version. I have been running GlobeROM, but a recent update has seriously messed up my phone.

Chaudoir411

Feb 8, 2017
Yes, APNs have not automatically set for me in any ROM except the Xiaomi ones. I usually manually enter the APNs.

Finger print did not work for me. Did it work for anyone else? My hardware is 6GB/128GB.

Finger print with this ROM is not working for me either!

Did you by chance figure this out?

Really want to give this ROM a try as a daily driver but without finger print, doesnt work for me.

sstekss

Dec 11, 2018
I too 6 GB/128GB and too have no function of fingerprints, on this version of an insertion. And here on an insertion of AOSiP there is a function a fingerprint. It is a pity that so, it would be desirable to try this.

TT0XX

Dec 14, 2015
Error while installing

Hey, I followed the steps carefully, but there comes this error everytime.
It seems Im the first one who got this problem, because I havent found anything in this thread :(
Hope you guys can help me with this.
rwkp3bpg.jpg

astherion

Apr 21, 2010
Bender
Did somebody using CDMA network? Especially VoLTE 4G or EVDO. Interested how it works compared to official china/global rom. There are no problems with CDMA in china rom, but bad signal/sometimes no network in global rom.

allmankind

Apr 29, 2010
It seems Im the first one who got this problem, because I havent found anything in this thread :(
rwkp3bpg.jpg

That is exactly the same error I got when I tried (see my post near the bottom of page 3). I too am waiting for someone to elaborate on what the real problem is, as ERROR 7 tells me nothing.

TT0XX

Dec 14, 2015
That is exactly the same error I got when I tried (see my post near the bottom of page 3). I too am waiting for someone to elaborate on what the real problem is, as ERROR 7 tells me nothing.

EVERYONE WHO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ERROR 7
Yesterday I found a solution for this problem. Its a bit barbaric but it works:
I just edited the AospExtended-v6.5-nitrogen-20190528-0604-UNOFFICIAL.zip-folder (where the installation is located).
Open it and move to this location: "*\META-INF\com\google\android" and open the "updater-script" delete the row which caused the error.
Just update the archive (with winrar) and you can easily install the package without errors.
That worked for me tho.

Last edited:

Amaelnoa

Oct 26, 2018
Try another recovery orange or Nijel8 mod... Official twrp has a bug, learned that with aosip rom.... Got bootlop and fastboot... Changed recovery everything works like a charm

Reactions: sstekss

gionatan25

Jun 14, 2010
Hi, I also have the problem of the error 7. I tried with recovery modified as suggested, but the problem is always there.

What's the recommended opengapps ver? Is 'STOCK' ver working?THX for the port btw.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Hi, I also have the problem of the error 7. I tried with recovery modified as suggested, but the problem is always there.
rwkp3bpg.jpg
FOR ALL PEOPLE GETTING THE ERROR 7
OK After checking the updater-script , I found the problem! I bet you were using beta miui, but the script will dectect the version. This rom was made for MIUI V10.3.1.0.PEDCNXM (probably) It should work because I had the same issuse and it solved by doing this! GLHF

Last edited:

TT0XX

Dec 14, 2015
What's the recommended opengapps ver? Is 'STOCK' ver working?THX for the port btw.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

OK After checking the updater-script , I found the problem! I bet you were using beta miui, but the script will dectect the version. This rom was made for MIUI V10.3.1.0.PEDCNXM (probably) It should work because I had the same issuse and it solved by doing this! GLHF

Just take ARM64, for Android version 9.0 and Stock is the normal package with (play store, youtube, maps, play video, play games etc.)
I recommend the pico-package, because only google-services and play store gets installed. So everything you need can be installed manually.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ER7PzVx.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

KDVygxh.png

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX experience with useful customizations. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth experience. We have added useful customizations from various other open source projects and have tried to keep our things simple. A ROM by a user, for a user. #BeExtended

Np7jfnY.png

#ExtendYourDevice Here are the Extensions! on top of AOSP! We are constantly trying to update the list. Our aim is not to provide all the features available on earth. Our aim is to add important features that we think should be here and also what you think. For the addition of more tweaks or features, head on to our Telegram community and post the list of features that you want! Features with commits will be more helpful!

Code:
    [B]
    -DUI(Fling/Pulse/Smartbar)
    -DU Font Engine
    -Omni's QSHeaders Background
    -One-Handed UI
    -Grid/GO Recents UI
    -AppOps
    -Expanded Desktop
    -Statusbar Clock/Date Customizations
    -Dashboard Suggestions/Summaries (Enable/Disable)
    -Notification Intervals
    -Increasing Volume in Ringtone
    -DT2S On Navbar
    -Long Press Back button  to Kill App
    -Dashboard Column Configurations
    -Detailed Location QS Tile!
    -Statusbar Traffic Indicators
    -Notification Count
    -DT2S On Statusbar and Lockscreen
    -QS Quick Pulldown
    -QS Brightness Slider (Enable/Disable)
    -QS Tiles Animations
    -Force Expand Notifications (Enable/Disable)
    -Immersive Mode messages (Enable/Disable)
    -Flashlight Notifications
    -Oreo/Pie Recents Styles
    -Toast Icon
    -Power Menu Customizations
    -Additional Battery Saver steps
    -Volume Rocker Tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode)
    -Fingerprint Gestures Support
    -QS Haptic Feedback
    -One Tap Data & Wifi Tile
    -Auto Brightness Icon Toggle
    -Breathing Notifications
    -Long Press Gear Icon in Statusbar Header Launches Extensions
    -Show 4G instead of LTE switch
    -Night Mode QS Tile
    -Long press Caffeine Tile Action
    -Customize QS Rows/Columns
    -Customize small QS Tiles
    -StatusBar Brightness Control
    -Lockscreen Shortcut
    -Quick Unlock for PIN/Password
    -Battery Styles and Percentage
    -Flip Button Animation
    -Unlink Notification Volume
    -Status bar Clock Seconds
    -AEXPapers - our wallpaper app
    -Via/Jelly Browser
    -Retro Music Player
    -Pixel's UI, Ringtones, and Wallpapers
    -Camera Sound Toggle
    -Advanced Ambient Display Customizations
    -Smart Pixels
    -Long-press Power Button on Lockscreen for Torch
    -Wakelock Blocker
    -Toggle Lockscreen Media Art
    -Toggle Lockscreen Music Visualizer
    -Ticker
    -Disable QS on Secured Lockscreen
    -Toggle Dynamic Notification Card's Color
    -Low Battery Notification Toggle
    -Hide Clock/Date/Alarm Text from Lockscreen
    -Lock screen Clock's Font Customizations
    -Weather on Lockscreen and Status Bar
    -Heads up Customizations
    -DU's HW Button Rebinding
    -Button Backlight Customizations
    -Oreo Recents Clear All FAB button and Re-positioning
    -Oreo Recents Free Ram bar
    -Custom Carrier label
    -Paranoid Android PIE Controls
    -Toggle power menu on Secured Lockscreen
    -CPU Info Switch
    -Disable Orange Color in Battery Saver Mode
    -PiP QS tile
    -New Pretty Adaptive Icons for included AOSP apps
    -Run SysUI tuner from Extensions
    -Built-in Light/Dark/Black/Chocolate/Wallpaper-Based and EXTENDED UI Themes

NOTE: Many features might be missing in the initial release

And many more coming in the future! Many extensions are added in each update so we miss out adding new extensions to this list. So always keep on checking the latest changelog on our [URL="https://blog.aospextended.com/"]Official Blog[/URL], and there you can monitor the previous changelogs as well, to see how far we have come![/B]

47WEHUl.png

Download ROM, GApps here for your device!

Xiaomi Mi max 3

Google Apps
    -AOSP-EXTENDED

Google Apps
    -GApps

Donate.png

If you like our work then please consider donating.
    PayPal:https://www.paypal.me/Scissorblade

t709fnd.png

Want to try this awesomeness?

Code:
    [b]-Download the ROM and GApps of your choice
    -Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery
    -Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    -Flash AEX Package
    -Install GAPPS package
    -Wipe cache!
    -And at last Reboot!
     [First boot will take a few minutes! Have patience]
     Clean Flash is always recommended![/b]

mmK3YNQ.png

Monitor the changelog here!

Code:
    [b] AospExtended v6.5 Changelog

- Merged April security patch (9.0.0_r35)
    - Updated all translations
    - Updated all pre-built apks
    - Android Q inspired lock screen clock
    - Added Aggressive Battery
    - Added support for WPS
    - Added new lock screen clock style
    - Added option to enable seconds in status bar clock
    - Notch-city: Add 3 mode display cutout handler (Only for notched devices)
    - Improvement in ambient music ticker’s layout
    - Rebased our OTA app
    - Removed extended vol panel toggles, the expandable panel is enough
    - Improvements to AOSP Calendar
    - Fixed some theming issues in DocumentsUI (Files)
    - Improvements and fixes to the default launcher
    - Under the hood improvements
    - Bug fixes and performance improvements

Clean flash is always recommended​. Bug reports are not appreciated if not clean flashed. 
    Remove any kind of security PINs/Password and Fingerprints before flashing this build.

[/b]

WcLe541.png

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

->How to take Logcats?
    https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP

zf0kMgF.png

Visit our Website,. Subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Also join our Telegram Group Chat!

Do you want to translate to your language? Visit our Crowdin

wxV7wmi.png

All sort of contributions are welcomed. You can post your walls in our Telegram community. Minimum res we require is W: 1152px | H: 2048px. We don't want our users to fight with each other so we humbly request you to be respectful to each other. We are not earning anything by sharing this ROM. Always read the full OP. Don't Quote the whole OP. Join our channel and community. #StayHappy #ExtendYourDevice

GDeu02t.png

Checkout this ROM!
    YOUR ATTACHMENTS COMES HERE FOR SCREENSHOTS

nWBbgnc.png

People behind this amazing ROM!

-@ishubhamsingh(Owner/Dev/Designer)
    -JDC Team
    -DirtyUnicorns
    -LineageOS/Cyanogenmod
    -TeamSubstratum
    -Nitrogen Project
    -Pure Nexus
    -OmniROM
    -AOSPA
    -ABC ROM
    -GZOSP Community
    -Lakor Tools for Via Browser
    -Hemanth S Tobi for Retro Music Player
    -@AlienCreature7, @Wizper99, @Allstargaurav, @Edozullo and @harsh sharma (For designing the ROM Logo, Fling etc)

Y5vOKGE.png

I guess there is nothing wrong in reading facts!

-Base Of the ROM & Version?
    ->Rom is based on AOSP. Verison is updated monthly.

-Why no "Incremental/Delta updates" Support?
    ->Actually the updates we provide monthly are heavily changed and modified than the previous builds. New stuff is merged and added. So we don't provide incremental updates and recommend a clean flash.

-Does this ROM Support Substratum?
    ->Google killed Substratum support in Pie. You can use it, however, you need to be rooted. We don't support rootless Substratum.

-Which Gapps are recommended?
    ->OpenGapps

-How do I root this ROM?
    ->We recommend Magisk

-Will this ROM relock the bootloader?
    ->No.

-What about XPOSED?
    ->XPOSED is still in beta stage. We like Xposed but it messes up with the system so before giving any bug reports make sure you have Xposed uninstalled.

-When Will Be the Next Update?
    ->No ETAs, please. ROM Will be updated whenever the new build is ready by your maintainer. We generally provide monthly updates with latest security patches and new features.

-I am facing FCs, Bugs, Some feature is broken?
    ->Provide full info about your problem with logcat and the procedure to reproduce it.

->How to take Logcats?
    ->https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP

-Adaway is not working :(
    ->Download it from here Adaway

-SElinux Linux mode changer app is not working nor Busy Box installer app is working.
    ->Everything is good with the sources. You should try other things first and then contact your maintainer.

-I want to contribute to the development of this ROM.
    ->Join our Github
    ->Join our Gerrit

-I want to contribute to the translation of this ROM.
    ->Visit our Crowdin

XDA:DevDB Information
    Aosp extended pie for Xiaomi Mi Max 3, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Max 3

Contributors
    Mohzuned, MrColdbird, ROMFACTORY
    Source Code: https://github.com/xiaomi-mi-max-3

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-05-28
    Last Updated 2019-05-28
    I think the main problem is that no APN is being set or displayed.
    I had to go back to the Xiaomi EU Rom. I will wait till this problem gets fixed.

Yes, APNs have not automatically set for me in any ROM except the Xiaomi ones. I usually manually enter the APNs.

Finger print did not work for me. Did it work for anyone else? My hardware is 6GB/128GB.
    Well that sucks. How do you suppose to use another SIM if you in another country and don't know the APN.
    Just flashed AOSiP ROM by MrColdbird and surprisingly APN was automatically set!

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Just take ARM64, for Android version 9.0 and Stock is the normal package with (play store, youtube, maps, play video, play games etc.)
    I recommend the pico-package, because only google-services and play store gets installed. So everything you need can be installed manually.
    Can i ask you guys who installed it to make a test for me? Can you try if with easy dpi changer app you can change your resolution? On some roms it doesn't work.
    'This application doesn't support your device.'

Sorry. :/