Search This thread

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
[armitage said:
;83733287]Ah, I understand of course and just deleted the link. :)
Thnx for understanding as these official builds have some rules to it.
We know each other a bit and I'm guessing you're anxious to build something with the new mobo right? ?
Is maintaining the los16 not a great alternative as you did with the los15?

[armitage]

Nov 26, 2010
I guess, but to be honest I think this device is pretty much dead and hardly anyone is still interested in 15.1 or 16 builds. crDroid based on 9 is pretty much the best thing that you can use on this device (using it myself exclusively now) and I'm really grateful for your help with getting it set up and building it. I just put a new battery in my axon as well so I will still build for it, if there is a demand for any ROMs, for a while, but I think it might be time to move on soon. Have my eye on the Pocophone X3 now. Seems like great hardware for a good price and sources are available as well as far as I saw.

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I guess, but to be honest I think this device is pretty much dead and hardly anyone is still interested in 15.1 or 16 builds. crDroid based on 9 is pretty much the best thing that you can use on this device (using it myself exclusively now) and I'm really grateful for your help with getting it set up and building it. I just put a new battery in my axon as well so I will still build for it, if there is a demand for any ROMs, for a while, but I think it might be time to move on soon. Have my eye on the Pocophone X3 now. Seems like great hardware for a good price and sources are available as well as far as I saw.

That was my aim until i found out that Mi 10T Lite will be launched. I just like that model better aesthetically.

TerrorToetje

Nov 30, 2014
Maastricht

Hey dude,

Well I have the Axon 7 on Android 7.1 for now as this enables hi-res output without issues and to be fair there is no real bloat in the stock-rom anyway.
The Axon 7 is still my favorite phone despite also owning a Honor View 20/Samsung S9 and S10 not only did I replace the Axon 7 battery I replaced the charging port bezels etc to make it look brand new so once more I can enjoy this device once more.

To my experience it seems that the 8+ rom's all have small issues how is Cdroid 5.12 Different, isn't it the same kernel source on the end?

If anyone or a small group likes to spend more development into this phone I'm willing to donate a 40 core 32GB Dual Xeon Machine (SSH) to this person/group

Last edited:

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
NEW CRDROID BUILD 2020.10.18

Download on SourceForge crDroidAndroid-9.0-20201018-axon7-v5.12

Since my work on MI9 and POCO F2 Pro, except possible releases on sec. updates, no more request-builds will be made for axon7 crDroid :eek:

changelog :

====================
18-10-2020
====================

- Updated Sec.Patches October 2020

ps : I had to dirty flash latest opengapps (micro) because playstore didn't like the update :laugh:

NOTE : still for some reason on a clean flash homescreen apps can being modified. Though Dirty flash will leave your homescreen apps untouched

@[armitage] feel free to update the AOSIP 9.0 with Oct. security patches in my thread as someone asked in the trebleshoot group ;)

Last edited:

AJ Alpha

Mar 22, 2011
Thanks raystef66! Very nice. Also had to dirty flash micro GApps (frequent google services crashes). After that, everything worked fine.

CSRoad

Jun 28, 2014
Well I'm happy to see the update as I invested in a new battery a month ago.
I've remain happy with the phone and am really pleased with CRDroid it is the best ROM for this old beast for "daily driver" use.
I have the new phone itch, but I will wait and see how the market and politics work out before I pull the trigger, unless I physically break this one.
Thanks I'm sure there are a few of us left on this platform.

Aug 15, 2020
Guys my Axon 7 is brand new, is about 2 months old, MAX.

A major store in Australia did a sale of these a early this year, and mine was replaced under warranty. So I'm just saying, but there ARE us around... I plan on keeping this for at least 2 years. And thank you rockstars.

Question:
When I flash crDroid (update), two things happen:

1. Phone is no longer rooted and I must flash magisk again.
2. Google Play Services keep crashing (popup), so I must reflash GApps.

To address (2), I can reflash GApps no problem.
To address (1), I can flash Magisk again to root my phone. Once it's flashed, phone is rooted. However the volume and rotate stops working (stuck on portrait; volume indicator does not appear and is stuck on max). (To address this volume and rotate issue, I must reflash crDroid, but we are back to the above 2 issues again). Please help?

How do you flash crDroid update and be rooted while still being able to rotate the screen and change the volume?

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Updated, reflashed gapps too just because of the above warnings. Everything works perfectly

What about root?

After updating crDroid, mine becomes 'unrooted', so I reflash magisk to root it... but after that, the volume and rotate stops working. (And to get around that, I have to reflash crDroid... but it becomes unrooted again)

TerrorToetje

Nov 30, 2014
Maastricht
Guys my Axon 7 is brand new, is about 2 months old, MAX.

A major store in Australia did a sale of these a early this year, and mine was replaced under warranty. So I'm just saying, but there ARE us around... I plan on keeping this for at least 2 years. And thank you rockstars.

Question:
When I flash crDroid (update), two things happen:

1. Phone is no longer rooted and I must flash magisk again.
2. Google Play Services keep crashing (popup), so I must reflash GApps.

To address (2), I can reflash GApps no problem.
To address (1), I can flash Magisk again to root my phone. Once it's flashed, phone is rooted. However the volume and rotate stops working (stuck on portrait; volume indicator does not appear and is stuck on max). (To address this volume and rotate issue, I must reflash crDroid, but we are back to the above 2 issues again). Please help?

How do you flash crDroid update and be rooted while still being able to rotate the screen and change the volume?

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

What about root?

After updating crDroid, mine becomes 'unrooted', so I reflash magisk to root it... but after that, the volume and rotate stops working. (And to get around that, I have to reflash crDroid... but it becomes unrooted again)

Did you try to clear the cache and dalvik? Also make sure to tick enable magiskhide in magisk manager again :)

samwichse

Jan 29, 2014
Hm, it seems root IS disabled. I tried reinstalling Magisk from recovery (required anyway for contactless payments), cleared cache/dalvik and rebooted twice, and it still says Root: disabled" in the settings.

I didn't notice because I don't really use root, I guess.

TerrorToetje

Nov 30, 2014
Maastricht
Stable (Almost)

Overall this rom is stable, a few things i see happening in dmesg, i2c-msm-v2 is having some issues and also the audio driver is spamming ''q6asm_callback: payload size of 8 is less than expected".

Is any of the developers still planning to work towards something stable?

Eiion

Didn't google end Daydream?, I don't see it on my Samsung S20+5G.
As far as I know, yes. But just because Google decided not to continue Daydream doesn't mean it doesn't work anymore or that there's no use for it anymore or that I have to strip my phone of a feature that I like to use. That's why I'm asking - I'd like to keep using the features the phone already has and if possible even add new ones (like Camera 2 API).

DonCatoli

Sep 17, 2016
As far as I know, yes. But just because Google decided not to continue Daydream doesn't mean it doesn't work anymore or that there's no use for it anymore or that I have to strip my phone of a feature that I like to use. That's why I'm asking - I'd like to keep using the features the phone already has and if possible even add new ones (like Camera 2 API).

That is a conversation to bring up to Google. I don't even see it in the Play store anymore [unless it is OS/Device restricted now] and even ZTE removed it from their Android 8 builds.
Try installing Google VR Services, it replaces daydream.

wcraft2012

Aug 17, 2019
Mobile Internet works only on SIM 2. Is it a firmware problem or do I have a specific bug? Advise the 2017G modem firmware for this rom.

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
FINAL NEW CRDROID BUILD 2020.11.24

Download on SourceForge crDroidAndroid-9.0-20201124-axon7-v5.12

I remember very well buying this wonderful phone in november 2016. Exact 4 yrs from now and making the FINAL OFFICIAL build. It's been a very nice ride and want to thank everyone for being around

changelog :

====================
24-11-2020
====================

- FINAL OFFICIAL BUILD
- Updated Sec.Patches November 2020

ps : I had to dirty flash latest opengapps (micro) because playstore didn't like the update :laugh:

NOTE : still for some reason on a clean flash homescreen apps can being modified. Though Dirty flash will leave your homescreen apps untouched

[armitage]

Nov 26, 2010
@raystef66
Thank you soo much for all that you have done for this community and for me as well.
Thank you for your patience with my questions and for your support when I didn't have any money for the mainboard.
You kept this hole thing alive way after so many people had left and I and so many really appreciate that.

All the Best, my Friend.
And maybe we see each other in another section, or on telegram. :)

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
@raystef66
Thank you soo much for all that you have done for this community and for me as well.
Thank you for your patience with my questions and for your support when I didn't have any money for the mainboard.
You kept this hole thing alive way after so many people had left and I and so many really appreciate that.

All the Best, my Friend.
And maybe we see each other in another section, or on telegram. :)
Much appreciated Sebastian :good:
Well we all did our best and as said it was a hell of a ride!
Feel free to update here with your own builds of crDroid if you want.

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
@raystef66 Because of you, I enjoyed using ZTE Axon 7. It was my first flagship device I ever used & I was sceptical to buy it. I remember my brother recommending me Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge instead, but I said screw it. And wow, I never expected support to be this good! I mean, with GCam I take better photos than S7 Edge! Also, crDroid is my favorite ROM now. Before it was RessurectionRemix. Thanks to everyone who contributed for this device, love y'all!

Reactions: raisage

Top Liked Posts