[ROM][9.0.0_r46][A2017X][OFFICIAL] crDROID v5.12 [FINAL]

Search This thread

mwmh

May 18, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7

CSRoad

Jun 28, 2014
I really appreciate this, my Axon 7 remains my daily driver and it seems all newer replacements are compromising some feature or other I like in it.
I was unable to do a dirty install, but that's OK as all was backed up and a wipe and reinstall of G apps got me back live and updated. (-:

Qopzeep

Feb 13, 2021
Thanks to @[armitage] and @raystef66 and of course @OrdenKrieger for the excellent basis.

New build with security patches of February 2021:

Enjoy :)

Thanks nonicktoday! I've made the jump from LOS to crDroid and it's working like a charm :)! You're a champ!

drahtwurst

Nov 17, 2014
Berlin
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
great ROM, i've been with [ROM][AROMA][A2017X][B03 8.0.0][stock] SL!M7 DF!NR amr 64 for some years and wanted to use some newer ROM with micro g support.
as i understood i had to make a vendor partition, which i did installing [RECOVERY][TREBLE] TWRP 3.2.3-0L v1.3 Labs Mod for the ZTE Axon 7. Magisk 20.4 is also installed
i never got rid of this screen before:
01.jpg

but now there comes this right after:
02.jpg

and i need to press power or system wont start. if i press i get this before the beautifull crdroid animation:
03.jpg

i would like to get rid of those 3 using BootAMoji Switcher from magisk, but it would not work. i would also like not to be forced to press power again.

what can i do about that please?

drahtwurst

Nov 17, 2014
Berlin
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
thanx but pressing power was needed again. i got rid of it with a button "remove msg." from advanced menu within this mentioned twrp.
and thanx @ raystef66 for making
[GUIDE][HOW TO][A2017G] REMOVE "unlocked bootloader screen" at boot
Worked with that! (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: raystef66

1Condottiere

Feb 27, 2021
I am absolutely stuck....it took me a long time to finally unlock bootloader and install TWRP. Every attempt to install the ROM, whether through external sd card or fastboot has been met with an error.

When using fastboot update xxxx.zip I get "no android-info.txt"...and inserting an empty android-inof.txt file does not resolve the issue

When using TWRP (3.2.3-0) and external sd card I get an error 7. I have been using this sequence
1- Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache -- system -- Data -- cache
2) Install A2017x_LineageOS15.1_UniversalBootstack_v2_by_Draken
3) Install A2017U_OreoModem.zip
4) Install crDroidAndroid-9.0-20201124-axon7-v5.12.zip

and I get the error 7 on step 4) --- E1001: Failed to update system image

I have looked through this and other forums for a solution and have found none that works

I would greatly appreciate a somewhat detailed assistance on how to get out of this and be able to use the Axon again.

Thank you all.

Dodgexander

Mar 31, 2013
I am absolutely stuck....it took me a long time to finally unlock bootloader and install TWRP. Every attempt to install the ROM, whether through external sd card or fastboot has been met with an error.

When using fastboot update xxxx.zip I get "no android-info.txt"...and inserting an empty android-inof.txt file does not resolve the issue

When using TWRP (3.2.3-0) and external sd card I get an error 7. I have been using this sequence
1- Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache -- system -- Data -- cache
2) Install A2017x_LineageOS15.1_UniversalBootstack_v2_by_Draken
3) Install A2017U_OreoModem.zip
4) Install crDroidAndroid-9.0-20201124-axon7-v5.12.zip

and I get the error 7 on step 4) --- E1001: Failed to update system image

I have looked through this and other forums for a solution and have found none that works

I would greatly appreciate a somewhat detailed assistance on how to get out of this and be able to use the Axon again.

Thank you all.
You're using an old version of TWRP which is out of date. Make sure to use one of the modded ones. OP uses this:

You only need to install Bootstack and Modem once. No need to keep re-installing those.

1Condottiere

Feb 27, 2021
You're using an old version of TWRP which is out of date. Make sure to use one of the modded ones. OP uses this:

You only need to install Bootstack and Modem once. No need to keep re-installing those.

Thanks. I installed the Special TWRP (I had not done so before because the version number was lower than the one I had installed)......however the results are the same
error 7 --- E1001: Failed to update system image

any other suggestions?

Thank you all

1Condottiere

Feb 27, 2021
Problem resolved. Somewhere in this thread Draken had mentioned that a vendor partition 0f 800mb would work better....so I used this
to set it to 800mb. But there is an issue as to the positioning of the vendor partition when it is enlarged. I finally reset the vendor partition to 512 and used the TWRP suggested above to install everything. All is working now. Thanks to everyone who took a look at this item. Cheers,

qlum

Sep 28, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Finally bothered to upgrade from the old unsupported resurrection remix, seems to be working fine, just wish the camera issue was fixed on android 10 roms, however 9 works just fine.

samwichse

Jan 29, 2014
Thanks to @[armitage] and @raystef66 and of course @OrdenKrieger for the excellent basis.

Thank you! I had given up on this phone and decided to check the ROM situation one last time. Life extended again :)

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Can someone share the Links to the latest Bootstack and Modem (Universal) for this ROM? I was unable to find them after all the time... Thanks in advance!

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9

pickypenelope

Sep 14, 2008

Thank you very much. I have two Axon 7s (a U and an Enhanced), and I got this working on both. So far so good, and it feels great to have up to date security on these phones that still have plenty life left in the hardware.

Top Liked Posts