[ROM][9.0.0_r46] AOSiP Pie [polaris][Unofficial][DISCONTINUED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

erredan

Feb 12, 2010
hey there, ur rom works great. just a question: is ur vendor image fw chinese or global. i use global at the moment.
thanks a lot for the great rom.

pblasi

Sep 16, 2011
Is it posible to remove the settings wheel icon in the quick settings panel? Thanks

jurrejonker

Nov 8, 2018
Jubbega
Great fan of your rom, has been my daily rom for as long as i remember!

I've got an issue, I've updated to the latest version,, clean flash with your version of twrp, but I'm encountering a problem with magisk (probably a user error in the installation progress)

Magisk sometimes 'uninstalls', quick overview:
I'm using an app which requires root access, all of a sudden i get an error message somewhere in the line of 'authentication failed'
So i go over to the magisk manager, and I see 'magisk not installed', but works again after a reboot.

- latest version of aosip (palaych). (20190811)
- fw+vendor 9.6.27.
- stock kernel.
- Latest twrp by palaych

I've got no problem with a fresh install, hopefully someone can help me out!

Berlino

Aug 8, 2012

I've got an issue, I've updated to the latest version,, clean flash with your version of twrp, but I'm encountering a problem with magisk (probably a user error in the installation progress)

I'm using an app which requires root access, all of a sudden i get an error message somewhere in the line of 'authentication failed'
So i go over to the magisk manager, and I see 'magisk not installed', but works again after a reboot.

- fw+vendor 9.6.27.
- stock kernel.
- Latest twrp by palaych

No need to flash vendor, AOSiP has its own built-in custom one. Just flash fw 9.6.20/.27.

For 'unstable' magisk try to reflash magisk and install busybox-magisk-module afterwards via magisk downloads.

jurrejonker

Nov 8, 2018
Jubbega
No need to flash vendor, AOSiP has its own built-in custom one. Just flash fw 9.6.20/.27.

For 'unstable' magisk try to reflash magisk and install busybox-magisk-module afterwards via magisk downloads.
Sorry that's what I meant, i flashed the fw provided from this thread.
Before i first flashed the required miui rom, after which I'd flash aosip.

IAmWolf94

Feb 10, 2017

- fw+vendor 9.6.27.
- stock kernel.
- Latest twrp by palaych

Remove Magisk Manager from battery optimization

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

xordos

Dec 4, 2010
After your post i even turned off all battery optimization options, which worked for 3 days......

The error is back at it again, did some more research but couldn't find much, ideas?
I have same problem and realized I am not alone after read your post. What I did is go to magisk main post in xda and download the uninstall zip then flash it in recovery. Then flash latest. It looks good now but it's just 1 day ago.

update: happened again :(

Last edited:

jurrejonker

Nov 8, 2018
Jubbega
I have same problem and realized I am not alone after read your post. What I did is go to magisk main post in xda and download the uninstall zip then flash it in recovery. Then flash latest. It looks good now but it's just 1 day ago.

update: happened again :(
I'm still fighting this error, I'm going to flash an earlier version, and try another version of TWRP (now using playch's version)....

jurrejonker

Nov 8, 2018
Jubbega
Another thing I just noticed, the charging voltage......
Won't go much higher than 4 volts, quick charge also not 'engaging'

More people who have this problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190909-015144.png
    Screenshot_20190909-015144.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 312

jurrejonker

Nov 8, 2018
Jubbega
Change your charger or cable. Try cleaning the usb port.
I've tried about 5 different cables, 4 different wall adapters and now that I think about it, I'm going to test a wireless charger. Ive also thoroughly cleaned the USB-port:eek:

Edit:
Problem also applies to wireless charger as seen in the picture, can't seem to get more amps either, I also went through the trouble doing a complete clean install this evening...

Last edited:

jurrejonker

Nov 8, 2018
Jubbega
I've tried about 5 different cables, 4 different wall adapters and now that I think about it, I'm going to test a wireless charger. Ive also thoroughly cleaned the USB-port:eek:

Edit:
Problem also applies to wireless charger as seen in the picture, can't seem to get more amps either, I also went through the trouble doing a complete clean install this evening...
Couldn't get the picture in the same post (at least on mobile)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190909-231922.jpg
    Screenshot_20190909-231922.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 251

NightRaven49

Sep 13, 2013
most likely at home
I also noticed this problem, even with the original charger head that came with the phone. it seems that the rom is a lot more sensitive than stock in terms of activating qc3, as I was able to draw 3amps at 4v around 30% battery, but there is a marked decrease in charging speed after the 40% mark, much lower than my previous phone, where I would see this drop around 60%. also, above 60% for this rom, once u turn on the screen qc3 is deactivated, so charging speeds take a hit.

I agree wireless charging is also pretty much useless, drawing only at max 0.5a at 3.8v for a charge rate of less than 10%/hour. it was definitely better on stock. both these issues also appear to be present on most other aosp roms I've tried as well.

for me, battery life rather than charging speed is the main gripe: almost as much battery is consumed when the screen is off as when the screen is on. over the course of a day i would get almost 4 hours sot at 30% remaining, but only 35-40% of the 70% consumed was actually screen on, with rest being screen off drain. this comes in at more than 2% screen off drain per hour, which is a lot worse than my previous sd821 phone.

Last edited:

jurrejonker

Nov 8, 2018
Jubbega
I also noticed this problem, even with the original charger head that came with the phone. it seems that the rom is a lot more sensitive than stock in terms of activating qc3, as I was able to draw 3amps at 4v around 30% battery, but there is a marked decrease in charging speed after the 40% mark, much lower than my previous phone, where I would see this drop around 60%. also, above 60% for this rom, once u turn on the screen qc3 is deactivated, so charging speeds take a hit.

I agree wireless charging is also pretty much useless, drawing only at max 0.5a at 3.8v for a charge rate of less than 10%/hour. it was definitely better on stock. both these issues also appear to be present on most other aosp roms I've tried as well.

for me, battery life rather than charging speed is the main gripe: almost as much battery is consumed when the screen is off as when the screen is on. over the course of a day i would get almost 4 hours sot at 30% remaining, but only 35-40% of the 70% consumed was actually screen on, with rest being screen off drain. this comes in at more than 2% screen off drain per hour, which is a lot worse than my previous sd821 phone.

Do you know the version this bug 'started life'? I'm just going to downgrade, but the whole process will be much less painful if I don't have to downgrade version by version...

NightRaven49

Sep 13, 2013
most likely at home
Do you know the version this bug 'started life'? I'm just going to downgrade, but the whole process will be much less painful if I don't have to downgrade version by version...

no clue man, I literally got this phone last week. perhaps you could check back to the last version before custom vendor was implemented, I heard the custom vendor fixed some issues but introduced new ones. follow the firmware and vendor versions for that rom version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FZAQhLl2X0i-A19WIqR8BYhNSFsc%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FDr6rSI1.png

Code:
    [B]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/B]
    Android Open Source Illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on GOOGLE AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Shreesha Murthy
    Brett Montague
    Sri Harsha

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

Credit/Thanks:
    Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google
    Dirty Unicorns
    Ground Zero ROMs
    AICP
    ABC Rom
    Screwd
    Omni
    Krexus
    Cyanogenmod
    LineageOS
    SlimRoms
    LiquidRemix
    bgcngm
    argraur

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S

Contributors
    palaych
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 9.6.20+
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Last build: 2019-09-15
    INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:

First installation (Clean flash):
    1. Must be installed MIUI (firmware (fw) part) Android 9.0 (9.6.20 or newer)
    2. Install my TWRP Unofficial.
    3. Make FULL WIPE (system/vendor/data/dalvik/cache) and FORMAT DATA - YES.
    4. Flash ROM (link in first post)
    5. Flash gapps and Magisk, if need.
    6. Reboot

If you're updating the ROM:
    1. Download new build and reboot in TWRP
    2. Make wipe cache/dalvik
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Reboot

NOTE: If you have issues with Settings or Play Services force-closes or bootloop you need to clean flash (Method 1).

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Q: Which GApps do I use?
    A: This Google Apps package is recommended: opengapps. I use nano, don't recommend stock/super.

Q: Where i can find firmware part MIUI (fw) for twrp?
    A: You can download HERE

Q: Do I have to wipe data if coming from another ROM?
    A: Yes, I will not be providing help/support to users that haven't wiped data when coming from another ROM.

Q: Is the ROM official?
    A: Currently, no.

Q: I use Telegram, where can I find help on that platform?
    A: There is my AOSP Group Chat for polaris, the link is HERE

Q: What kernel you use?
    A: ROM include stock kernel (Derp), this kernel include in official build for dipper and beryllium, but i use my custom kernel MiPa, you can install it after rom.

Q: What camera app you use?
    A: I use Google Camera 6 mod by san1ty or B-S-G, you can download HERE
    build 2019-05-19:

• update aosip sources
    • update device trees:
      power-libperfmgr: update and fix (base on crosshatch); removed unsupported vr hints, camera hints, wlan stats
      fix audio call
      sepolicy: clean and fix
    • update derp kernel sources

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NdefrI-jAsoce1xW4XL80i-8EwouCv1J/view?usp=sharing
    build 2019-05-03:

• updated aosip sources
    • updated device trees:
      update powerhal to 1.3
      update blobs 9.4.18
    • updated derp kernel sources

Install:
    • ONLY CLEAN FLASH WITH ALL WIPES / FORMAT DATA - YES
    • MIN FW AND VENDOR 9.4.18+

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13XoO0ulOa0xI_SLzLk8tD_djweDDimcG/view?usp=sharing
    build 2019-01-09:
    • update aosip sources:
      Merge 9.0.0_r30 with January Security Patch
      Add lockscreen weather
      Some fix Telephony/dual-sim
      Others changes/fix/mods
    • full re-write devices and proprietary vendor trees:
      Merge last los commits
      Add WifiDisplay (wfd) support
      Clean
    • add Derp Kernel Source (use in official build for poco/mi8)
    • required vendor and fw 8.12.27 or newer!

Install: required vendor and fw 8.12.27 or newer and twrp unofficial v15, recommend flash with full wipe

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sywOIQvErXz_HMGWLM8zueCHHeltu5Xv/view?usp=drivesdk