Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
YAPR [YET ANOTHER PIE ROM]​

logo.png

ABOUT
ArrowOS is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Code Review: review.arrowos.net
E-mail: arrowos.contact
PayPal: Click here (read more on our website)

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
  • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
  • You tell me
Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS

ROM:

LATEST Arrow-v9.0-axon7-UNOFFICIAL-20200126

Gapps: Click Here for GApps

Note : Pico, Nano or Micro Gapps are recommended.

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation :

1. wipe system, vendor, data, cache
2. install ROM
3. GApps, Magisk
4. reboot

Contributors
@raystef66

Credits to
ArrowOS Team
LOS Team

KERNEL SOURCE: https://github.com/OrdenKrieger/andr...el_zte_msm8996 thnx @OrdenKrieger

ROM OS Version: 9.x PIE
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Latest TWRP Recovery
Based On: LineageOS device, vendor, kernel

Version Information : 9.x
Sec. Patches : 2020.01.05

Created : 2019.10.12
Last Updated : 2020.01.26

Attachments

• Image7583706276935405824.jpg
    Image7583706276935405824.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,621
  • Image4262533823572626698.jpg
    Image4262533823572626698.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,635
  • Image2707124498669223916.jpg
    Image2707124498669223916.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,641
  • Image1652729167788398581.jpg
    Image1652729167788398581.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,578
Last edited:

darth_antz

May 15, 2017
Nagasaki
Thanks Raystef66, I'm using this ROM as of tonight. I have successfully upgraded from AOSP 6.5 (May) on my A2017 (chinese).
Much smoother and quicker, although that is expected with a new ROM install after so long! I hope to give you more feedback.

Dungeon Maker had issues installing, which i think may be due to CTSmismatch in magisk (v20). I still have not been successful in passing it.

Do you have a kernel recommended? Or which kernel do you have with this ROM?

Thank you for all of your hard work in keeping the Axon7 ROMs active.

Reactions: raystef66

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Thanks Raystef66, I'm using this ROM as of tonight. I have successfully upgraded from AOSP 6.5 (May) on my A2017 (chinese).
Much smoother and quicker, although that is expected with a new ROM install after so long! I hope to give you more feedback.

Dungeon Maker had issues installing, which i think may be due to CTSmismatch in magisk (v20). I still have not been successful in passing it.

Do you have a kernel recommended? Or which kernel do you have with this ROM?

Thank you for all of your hard work in keeping the Axon7 ROMs active.
Install MagiskHidePropsConfig and Busybox and run "props" via terminal and choose f.e. the axon7 oreo FP. You'll pass cts. I run magisk 20.0 and all ok.
I suggest installing the RC1.2 kernel which you can find HERE.
In my next build I was planning to take that one within the ROM. But you can install it without probs tho ;)

Btw, picture below is on new crDroid but MHPC should give u the same results on ArrowOS

Attachments

• Image6716865830592023202.jpg
    Image6716865830592023202.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:

darth_antz

May 15, 2017
Nagasaki
Thanks Ray, I appreciate your reply and knowledge of this.
The app updated and worked without needing the ctsmismatch pass, so i'll just wait for your update.

In the 3 days since I've been using this ROM, I can appreciate the following coming from AEX 6.5. A freshly installed ROM does have some of these benefits so I'm probably biased.
1. Arrow has a faster boot into the rom. the loading screen is awesome and the loading effect is great.
2. Arrow uses half as much ram, 1.7gig compared to 3.2gig. This is probably a fresh install thing though, as i have a lot less apps now.
3. quicker and cleaner.

Thanks, the only thing i hope you have in future builds is the cts, and the option for when you reset the phone, there are the extra options to boot into recovery.
*found this option under 'buttons' in the android menu, apologies.
Ive been using this for a month now and its been awesome.
The only bug or issue I've had is the dictionary and auto-correct. Auto-correct does not work at all, and it doesnt recognise mis-spelt words. Android keyboard seems to have limited option.
Thank you for developing this ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: raystef66

samichiban

Nov 1, 2010
Hi raystef66,

Thank you so much for your great efforts and sharing with this amazing ROM.

The only issue for me is so far - Gesture Typing of AOSP Keyboard is not working.
I have checked its setting to make sure the gesture typing function turned on, but still not working.

Is it experiencing only me? how about other people?
I'm sure that this is an ignorable minor bug for me, otherwise this ROM is finely matured exquisite PIE ROM.

In the next update, however, would you mind adding the advanced settings option?

Thanks again.
laugh.gif

Last edited:

larsky

Dec 30, 2010
BUILD 2019.11.17 First Impressions
Pretty happy with this ROM coming from the most recent (now deprecated) Lineage 15.1 Official Nightly and really loving Arrow.

The only thing I'm missing is the ability to slide finger on status bar to adjust brightness.

I noticed the battery life seems noticeably better. I was hours away from replacing my Axon due to the battery just being horrible, even after being recently replaced. Everything seems buttery smooth besides the Gcam app I'm using. It works, but very sluggish.
Please do recommend your favorite camera app for this ROM.

I'm passing SafetyNet after installing Pixel Android 9 Props.

GPS took over a minute to get a lock the first time around, but now works within 15 seconds as expected.

USB tethering has been temperamental. I disabled hardware acceleration via Developer Settings and it seems to be working better.

I can confirm that swipe texting on AOSP keyboard does not work, however works fine with Gboard.

Hardware keys work as expected however even with the home button Long Press Action set to activate Google Assistant it does nothing. It seems that the Google Assistant action does not work with any of the button settings including the on screen navbar.

I haven't been able to get USB-OTG to work on any ROMs since ditching stock. Maybe someone knows a fix. It doesn't work in TWRP either, so maybe it's my hardware.

Besides a few minor quirks, I am hugely grateful for this ROM providing Pie and rekindling my love for this aging Axon. Thank you!

Reactions: samichiban

Dodgexander

Mar 31, 2013
Swipe typing on the aosp keyboard just means it's missing the libs. Seen it before. Last I checked open gapps aroma let you restore the libs.. But using a different keyboard is a better idea.

Reactions: SaBo and samichiban

darth_antz

May 15, 2017
Nagasaki
Thank you for the update and fixes! Still using this since September.
As above, the keyboard (and in my case, autocorrect doesnt work as well as other roms) is the only thing thats not going so great.

Apart from that, its flawless. Thank you again!

Lucaselpato

Jan 30, 2019
Hi,

Thank you for this very good ROM! :)

Tested several days, I only noticed a bug in the Google camera with the GAPPS stock. When the application is updated, it stops working.

I also wonder if wifi calls work. Maybe I didn't find the right option to activate them.
(and the GPS sometimes remains blocked at a location and does not update itself).

Everything else is perfect!

Axxxlll

Dec 30, 2019
Wi-Fi access point and usb modem do not work ....

Wi-Fi access point and usb modem do not work .... sometimes attempts to turn on those options cause a system lock and forced hard reset

PS I turned off hardware acceleration as someone wrote here - USB tethering works ... the problem with the wireless hot spot remains ...

PS2 I don’t know why, but during a 10-kilometer trip, GPS is lost several times, and somewhere near the final destination of the trip, the phone suddenly starts to show the right way :) this is already becoming a tradition.....

Last edited:

SilverShai

Feb 18, 2012
I my location on this ROM i have a problem with conersation. Before i used AOSP 5.7 based on Oreo and in my room i could talk by phone. Acctually i must go to kitchen because only there i can normally talk.
It's look like worse signal or not all bands compatible. My Axon have B20 (it isn't china version). Sometimes i have problem with internet - connecting by LTE isn't possible. When i was in London i couldn't use internet. Phone found transmitter, about 3/5 signal strange but any page or facebook lite no load.

krockcorp

Dec 1, 2019
POCO M3
BUILD 2019.11.17 First Impressions
Pretty happy with this ROM coming from the most recent (now deprecated) Lineage 15.1 Official Nightly and really loving Arrow.

The only thing I'm missing is the ability to slide finger on status bar to adjust brightness.

I noticed the battery life seems noticeably better. I was hours away from replacing my Axon due to the battery just being horrible, even after being recently replaced. Everything seems buttery smooth besides the Gcam app I'm using. It works, but very sluggish.
Please do recommend your favorite camera app for this ROM.

I'm passing SafetyNet after installing Pixel Android 9 Props.

GPS took over a minute to get a lock the first time around, but now works within 15 seconds as expected.

USB tethering has been temperamental. I disabled hardware acceleration via Developer Settings and it seems to be working better.

I can confirm that swipe texting on AOSP keyboard does not work, however works fine with Gboard.

Hardware keys work as expected however even with the home button Long Press Action set to activate Google Assistant it does nothing. It seems that the Google Assistant action does not work with any of the button settings including the on screen navbar.

I haven't been able to get USB-OTG to work on any ROMs since ditching stock. Maybe someone knows a fix. It doesn't work in TWRP either, so maybe it's my hardware.

Besides a few minor quirks, I am hugely grateful for this ROM providing Pie and rekindling my love for this aging Axon. Thank you!
##############################
1- To enable assistant you have to choose the google app for the default assistant in the default apps settings.

2- I have trsted nearly 80% of all gcam apks, and the best one so far and the newest is Urnyx05 latets version, you can find it here
https://1-dontsharethislink.celsoazevedo.com/file/filesc/GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.2-fix.apk

3- Aosp keyboard is a just terrible, just get Gboard.

4- Clean flashing the rom will solve GPS and USB problems, always clean flash.

Top Liked Posts