• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][andromeda] Unofficial LineageOS 16.0 for Mix 3 5G

Search This thread

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
I cannot seem to find HotSpot function anywhere on this rom (PixelE). Anyone else ?
Also trying to record a video will result in total corrupt video file:
J4UmhBD.png

Corrupt video is down to a faulty gcam port on Pixel Experience. I still haven't found a fully functional gcam port, for now use a different camera app.

Didn't realise hotspot wasn't working. It's now been fixed in latest lineage build, will update the others later. Do not turn on WiFi and hotspot at the same time, this will cause a crash.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi....0-20200227-UNOFFICIAL-andromeda.zip/download

Last edited:

Mimyl

Nov 30, 2014
Try to use another cam app (like open camera). I have the same problem with the stock app and no problems with open camera.

alexandargyurov

Feb 29, 2020
Not receiving SMS

Great ROM, works well however having issues with receiving SMS. I've been playing around with it, seems like there is something to do with the carrier access points.

If I take my SIM card out, then put it back in, I sometimes receive the SMS I was expected.
Restarting the phone doesn't seem to help.
Clearing cache also does not seem to help.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this permanently?

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Great ROM, works well however having issues with receiving SMS. I've been playing around with it, seems like there is something to do with the carrier access points.

If I take my SIM card out, then put it back in, I sometimes receive the SMS I was expected.
Restarting the phone doesn't seem to help.
Clearing cache also does not seem to help.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this permanently?

What version are you using? There was an issue with IMS in earlier builds, which has now been fixed. I can't remember exactly when it was fixed, just use the latest Feb 27th build.

Reactions: alexandargyurov

alexandargyurov

Feb 29, 2020
What version are you using? There was an issue with IMS in earlier builds, which has now been fixed. I can't remember exactly when it was fixed, just use the latest Feb 27th build.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Turns out I did indeed install an older version of the ROM ?*♂️

I'll know for next time not to trust androidfiles default sorting setting! Thank you for the work being put into this :)

genstef

Oct 22, 2012
What would be needed to get 5G working on this ROM?

I bought the Mi Mix 3 5G for the 5G functionality and it would be really cool to have lineage as well.

BR
Stefan

Mimyl

Nov 30, 2014
Hi
To update the Rom, I just need to flash the Rom? Or need to flash the Rom with gapps again?

Mimyl

Nov 30, 2014
Thanks.

After flashing the last android 10 version, I have issue with the dialer. When a do a phone call, I have no sounds. I reflash the latest 9.0 version and all works good.
It's a bit weird.

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Thanks.

After flashing the last android 10 version, I have issue with the dialer. When a do a phone call, I have no sounds. I reflash the latest 9.0 version and all works good.
It's a bit weird.

oh yeah, thats present in my build of carbon android ten too, @Inkypen will fix it soon, just been a bit busy, he is currently working at it tho, but yeah, current bugs on los 17.1 or any other ten rom, is that mic is broken and you cannot receive messages

Mimyl

Nov 30, 2014
OK,
The 9.0 build works really great. So, I will wait a bit longer to install android 10 Rom :)

williamtavares

Jan 23, 2013
São Paulo
Omg I'll try it, there's a tutorial?
Mine is bootloader locked, how can I install lineage OS?
I want to know if the issue I have with the screen is miui based.

Mimyl

Nov 30, 2014
Hi!

Do you know if the call problem is fixed in the last update (android 10 version)?

Thanks

solpraux

Mar 18, 2020
First of all I wanted to say thank you for the amazing work! I am completely new to this - never flashed anything until today and (somehow) I got it working. I flashed the latest one you uploaded from March 16th (Android 10). For hours it successfully got to the loading splash screen, but would hang for a while and then eventually return to the Xiaomi Restore screen (where it says "Restart" or "Wipe"). I got frustrated and just pressed "Wipe." After that it restarted and then Lineage loaded! And I was so convinced my phone was lost :victory:

I have a couple of questions and I apologize if they are answered somewhere else.

1. The phone is unencrypted: How safe/stable is it to encrypt with an unofficial build?
2. The OTA updater...will it work with this build? If not, how would I flash a new update? Would downloading the zip and opening it on the phone work, or must I use TWRP or whatnot?
3. SELinux is disabled: From what I understand, this is due to the fact that it is an unofficial build. Is this a big security risk? It also warns this is built with public keys. Anything to worry about?
4. Do unofficial builds like these ever become official?

And finally, just a quick feedback. Everything is working great from what I've messed around with so far, but the camera will crash and show a green screen, and then refuse to load again even after fully closing it.

This phone is excellent but I didn't like how Xiaomi has barely updated MIUI for it, and the last security update was January. So, I decided to jump in and try Lineage.

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
First of all I wanted to say thank you for the amazing work! I am completely new to this - never flashed anything until today and (somehow) I got it working. I flashed the latest one you uploaded from March 16th (Android 10). For hours it successfully got to the loading splash screen, but would hang for a while and then eventually return to the Xiaomi Restore screen (where it says "Restart" or "Wipe"). I got frustrated and just pressed "Wipe." After that it restarted and then Lineage loaded! And I was so convinced my phone was lost :victory:

I have a couple of questions and I apologize if they are answered somewhere else.

1. The phone is unencrypted: How safe/stable is it to encrypt with an unofficial build?
2. The OTA updater...will it work with this build? If not, how would I flash a new update? Would downloading the zip and opening it on the phone work, or must I use TWRP or whatnot?
3. SELinux is disabled: From what I understand, this is due to the fact that it is an unofficial build. Is this a big security risk? It also warns this is built with public keys. Anything to worry about?
4. Do unofficial builds like these ever become official?

And finally, just a quick feedback. Everything is working great from what I've messed around with so far, but the camera will crash and show a green screen, and then refuse to load again even after fully closing it.

This phone is excellent but I didn't like how Xiaomi has barely updated MIUI for it, and the last security update was January. So, I decided to jump in and try Lineage.

Thanks for your kind words! To answer your questions:

1. I haven't tested encryption as I have no need for it so I don't know if it's working. It will either work or it won't so try it out. If it's not working I can try to fix it at a later stage.

2. OTA updates will only work for official ROMs. In order to update, download the new zip to your phone and install it with TWRP. This is known as a dirty flash, compared to a clean flash where you wipe everything first. Dirty flashing will keep all your apps and settings.

3. Official/Unofficial has no bearing on SELinux, there are plenty of unofficial builds around with SELinux enforced. It takes a lot of work to write SE Policy, time which I would rather spend fixing bugs. Maybe in the future once everything is 100% I will actually do it. I haven't signed my builds with a cryptographic key hence the warnings about using a public key. Essentially, if I signed the builds you would know that it came directly from me without someone else tampering with it.

As for security risk, considering you have unlocked your boot loader and installed an unknown firmware from a random person on the internet, I would say you have already made a decision concerning the security of your phone ;)

4. Any unofficial build has the potential to go official. I already make some official ROMs for the Mi Mix 1 and I started off by making unofficial builds.

I would say that to my knowledge Lineage 16 (Pie) is pretty much bug free and Lineage 17 (Ten) doesn't have any major bugs and is capable of being a daily driver. I'm still working on it so it will improve as time goes on. :good:

Top Liked Posts