• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][andromeda] Unofficial LineageOS 16.0 for Mix 3 5G

Search This thread

solpraux

Mar 18, 2020
Thanks for the reply! I went on an adventure since I wrote that and installed Xiaomi.eu MIUI, then learned how to re-flash MIUI stock via the MiFlash Tool, then installed your Lineage 16 and then once again installed Lineage 17.1. It seems I accidentally did a dirty flash. I advance wiped all caches, system and vendor and then installed Lineage + nano OpenGapps (added together in the installation in twrp where it says "add zip"), but it worked as an upgrade instead of a clean install. Worked like a charm though, and this time Gapps actually installed (first time when I wrote to you it didn't install correctly for whatever reason).

Also, I'm not sure why it is different this time, but now the camera works almost flawlessly for me. I've tried quickly opening and closing, taking pictures, using the slider, and it's only once bugged out into the green screen.

I appreciate the reply with all the information. I'm totally new to this (though I've messed around with desktop linux a bit) so its good info. And yes, haha, you are completely correct in what you said about security :laugh:

Mimyl

Nov 30, 2014
I have flashed the last lineage 17 rom. I was on last lineage 16.

--Wipe cache and dalvik
--Flash rom and android 10 pico open gapps project
--Wipe cache and reboot

All works perfectly well!

Thanks a lot for your work!

EDIT : Video recording don't work. It record but the file is very long and have a black screen). To bad :(

Last edited:

ulfw2018

Mar 25, 2018
Thanks for the reply! I went on an adventure since I wrote that and installed Xiaomi.eu MIUI, then learned how to re-flash MIUI stock via the MiFlash Tool, then installed your Lineage 16 and then once again installed Lineage 17.1. It seems I accidentally did a dirty flash. I advance wiped all caches, system and vendor and then installed Lineage + nano OpenGapps (added together in the installation in twrp where it says "add zip"), but it worked as an upgrade instead of a clean install. Worked like a charm though, and this time Gapps actually installed (first time when I wrote to you it didn't install correctly for whatever reason).

Also, I'm not sure why it is different this time, but now the camera works almost flawlessly for me. I've tried quickly opening and closing, taking pictures, using the slider, and it's only once bugged out into the green screen.

I appreciate the reply with all the information. I'm totally new to this (though I've messed around with desktop linux a bit) so its good info. And yes, haha, you are completely correct in what you said about security :laugh:

Thinking of flashing this ROM instead of RevOS, did you manage to encrypt your device?

ulfw2018

Mar 25, 2018
Thanks @Inkypen, I love this ROM. Clean and much better battery life than stock. I was wondering if you could implement encryption support? It would be useful, as otherwise you can simply bypass the lockscreen by deleting the locksettings file in TWRP as it is. When I enter getprop ro.crypto.state it returns unsupported, and when I try to encrypt, the device simply reboots with no encryption. I've tried resizing the sda30 partition, to no avail. Many thanks.

Last edited:

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Thanks @Inkypen, I love this ROM. Clean and much better battery life than stock. I was wondering if you could implement encryption support? It would be useful, as otherwise you can simply bypass the lockscreen by deleting the locksettings file in TWRP as it is. When I enter getprop ro.crypto.state it returns unsupported, and when I try to encrypt, the device simply reboots with no encryption. I've tried resizing the sda30 partition, to no avail. Many thanks.

Sorry but if you're worried about encryptions on a custom ROM what makes you so sure you can trust inkypen and that he's not spying on all of your files, oh wait you can't, so if encryption is something you need or require I suggest you stay on stock ROM

ulfw2018

Mar 25, 2018
Sorry but if you're worried about encryptions on a custom ROM what makes you so sure you can trust inkypen and that he's not spying on all of your files, oh wait you can't, so if encryption is something you need or require I suggest you stay on stock ROM

I'm more worried about losing my phone and someone having all my data than a developer creating a ROM with malicious intent. It's not required by my threat model, it's just a good idea anyway.

citizen6

Dec 18, 2016
Is this ROM development active? Is there a guide to build the kernel tree?

I love this rom, the only thing i can say is that i cant switch apps unless i do so from the home screen. I get a lawnchair crash.

Is this a common issue?

Last edited:

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Update on this ROM:
I've been very busy at work recently, because of the coronavirus lockdown. I'm on loan to the national health service repairing ambulances, so as you could imagine I've not had a lot of free time.
That being said, I have been working in my spare time and I have a lineage 17.1 build that I feel is stable enough to release to a wider audience. I will start a new thread for the lineage 17.1 builds very soon :good:

Fauxsuede

Jun 7, 2020
Update on this ROM:
I've been very busy at work recently, because of the coronavirus lockdown. I'm on loan to the national health service repairing ambulances, so as you could imagine I've not had a lot of free time.
That being said, I have been working in my spare time and I have a lineage 17.1 build that I feel is stable enough to release to a wider audience. I will start a new thread for the lineage 17.1 builds very soon :good:

Thanks for all your hard work Inkypen!

Top Liked Posts