• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][9.0][angler] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2019/12/13]

Search This thread

hexapi

Mar 11, 2019
I have the following question: As long as I had the stock rom installed (OREO 8.1), the battery sign when the phone was charging while turned off was big and it indicated the progress of charging. When the battery was empty, the charging progress indicator went the full way from an empty battery to a full battery, when it was half full the indicator went was starting from a half full battery etc.). Now with Pixel Experience Pie Plus Edition, the battery charging indicator is small and it always goes from empty to full, regardless of the charging status oft he battery. Is there a way to flash the original charging indicator?

Last edited:

Inwardskates

Oct 6, 2016
Hello, I am having issues when trying to install a gcam. No gcam work for me, I tried almost 10 apks. What should I do? I would like to have a gcam with portrait mode (and if possible night sight). Thanks.

Akujin

Aug 3, 2009
Maui, HI
Sony Xperia 5 II
I've tried installing this rom like 5 times now. Everytime I get stuck at google logo with a line cycling under it. The steps I used last time was
1) reflashed oreo 8.1 factory
2) reloaded the twrp-3.3.1.0-FBE-angler.img as the bootloader
3) I installed PixelExperience_angler-9.0-20191013-1143-OFFICIAL.zip
4) went to wipe -> Format data
5) reboot and swiped to install twrp
6) waited 45 minutes and the google logo is still there with the blue line cycling underneath the logo.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure I'm missing something.

This kept happening to me as well. After trying Nov, Oct, and Sept releases and it still not working I decided to try to not install TWRP Manager on a whim and guess what? It works now. Oooof. :silly:

Hasnain2k17

Jun 28, 2017

hk1271

Oct 27, 2017
Surat
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hello, I am having issues when trying to install a gcam. No gcam work for me, I tried almost 10 apks. What should I do? I would like to have a gcam with portrait mode (and if possible night sight). Thanks.
Here you go , everything works even in android 10 and pie also with many modifications in the settings like enhanced HDR+ in portrait mode , disable zoom in portrait mode ,etc. Hope it will help.

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e-fu24_02c.apk

trvnkwil

Nov 26, 2019
Hi

First of all what an awesome rom! It works really well on my phone so thank you. I have one problem though. Whenever the phone goes to sleep, a clock is always displayed on the lockscreen, it's always on.
Does anyone experience this? How do i turn it off?
It's depleting my battery faster than i thought.

edit : Nevermind found it in settings

Last edited:

sanodroid

Dec 30, 2011
I tried many apps to calibrate the battery without any results. I replaced the battery on my nexus 6p and it was reborn. All the problems of switching off with battery still charged have disappeared.
Now this rom works very well. thanks dev

Reactions: Lawlrus

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
I tried many apps to calibrate the battery without any results. I replaced the battery on my nexus 6p and it was reborn. All the problems of switching off with battery still charged have disappeared.
Now this rom works very well. thanks dev

Exactly. Sure if you KNOW the battery is fine, it can help to calibrate it if you flash your phone a dozen times a week. But ultimately if calibration does not work for you, there's only one thing that can be wrong.

Calibrating your battery does nothing more than make sure the system is registering the charge properly, it does not fix hardware

Reactions: sanodroid

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
Exactly. Sure if you KNOW the battery is fine, it can help to calibrate it if you flash your phone a dozen times a week. But ultimately if calibration does not work for you, there's only one thing that can be wrong.

Calibrating your battery does nothing more than make sure the system is registering the charge properly, it does not fix hardware

Then why don't i get early shutdown on Oreo but on pie i do?

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Then why don't i get early shutdown on Oreo but on pie i do?

Not sure, I don't know nearly enough about the android system and how battery's operate, I'm a server monkey by trade.

Have you done any real as controlled as you can keep it testing? Use both is for a week or so, try to keep how you use your device as similar as possible and see if there is a huge difference between one OS to another? That's normally how I trouble shoot devices. I wouldn't accept well it shuts down at this ℅ here but not there. Is it possible 8.1 reads the battery charge differently than 9 and 10?

With you jumping from 8.1 to 9 to 10 and back again what *seems like to me* weekly, you can't honestly expect your battery statistics to right. Serious question, on *average* how often do you flash your device?

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
Not sure, I don't know nearly enough about the android system and how battery's operate, I'm a server monkey by trade.

Have you done any real as controlled as you can keep it testing? Use both is for a week or so, try to keep how you use your device as similar as possible and see if there is a huge difference between one OS to another? That's normally how I trouble shoot devices. I wouldn't accept well it shuts down at this ℅ here but not there. Is it possible 8.1 reads the battery charge differently than 9 and 10?

With you jumping from 8.1 to 9 to 10 and back again what *seems like to me* weekly, you can't honestly expect your battery statistics to right. Serious question, on *average* how often do you flash your device?

I don't do it as often like every 2 weeks but if i like a ROM i stay on it until problems occur.

buzzed405

Dec 5, 2019
Cannot locate GPS satellites

Just installed latest build, Google Maps location works well (likely using WiFi and cell towers) but GPS Status & Toolbox and similar apps are unable to find GPS satellites. Have reset and downloaded AGPS data, let the phone search for satellites for 15 minutes, couldn't find a single one. Was working fine with stock ROM. Is anyone else having similar problems with this build on angler? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Nexus 6P [angler]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock

Known issues
    Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience Pie, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-11-22
    Last Updated 2019-12-14
    Installation Instructions:
    • Grab our recovery from the peripherals section and install it.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Wipe > Format data
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.
    January 19th Update
    -Camera issue fix
    -Improved Network support
    Peripherals:
    FBE Recovery: TWRP
    Nexus 6P PixelExperience Telegram Group: Join
    End of Year Update out now!
    Get your hands on it from the PixelExperience website!

Meet:
    • The New and Improved Now Playing feature.
    • IMSI Support from SIM.
    • Minor VoLTE support.
    • Minor Bug Fixes.