• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][angler] Superior OS Nemesis [OFFICIAL][2019/08/17]

Search This thread

litmus4to

Jan 26, 2015
knoxville
Better then the average bears ROM

After replacing my battery this was the ROM i installed first. Runing with moderately low graphical settings im having a battery life thats well beyond expected by at least 4 hours. This is a very intuitive ROM with attention to the smallest details . I say will stay as this models OS for the life of the phone without hesitation. Thanks for all the hard work Dev Team!

phenonymous

Aug 6, 2017
Can not decrypt data in TWRP

I have this problem with both Superior OS and Bootleggers, the only 2 roms I've tested that uses FBE;
When setting a screen lock I am unable to decrypt the data in TWRP but it works when I remove the screen lock, however. I tried both pin and password with and without fingerprint but the results are the same. I can not imagine that this is by design but it beats me, I have no idea on how to solve it.
I've googled and looked through xda to no end.

This is what I have tried to do to solve it;
  • Flash FBE recovery found in this thread. Wipe system, cache and use format data. Install ROM and format data again, boot up system. Flash gapps and wipe data and reboot. Did also do this without wiping data after flashing gapps.
    • Dirtyflash system and wipe data.
  • Doing the previous steps but made sure to remove pin/password prior. Did also try to remove/add SIM-lock in combination with and without pin/password.
  • Same steps as above without flashing gapps.
  • Wiped through fastboot - recovery, system, cache and userdata. userdata wiped with the "--wipe-and-use-fbe" switch.
  • Wiped recovery, system, cache, userdata, vendor and boot through fastboot. And the proceeded with above steps.
    • Same but flashed stock images, including radio and bootloader, prior and then wiped system/cache/data in recovery.

In addition to the above, I tried various methods of installing the ROM; Sideload/OTG/Internal storage.

I'm quite lost as what to do since I can't really find anyone with the exact same issue. One thing to note though, I did recently replace my battery if that is vital information. I did not however have any issues with ROMs that use FDE.

CityHunter004

Apr 19, 2018
I have this problem with both Superior OS and Bootleggers, the only 2 roms I've tested that uses FBE;
When setting a screen lock I am unable to decrypt the data in TWRP but it works when I remove the screen lock, however. I tried both pin and password with and without fingerprint but the results are the same. I can not imagine that this is by design but it beats me, I have no idea on how to solve it.

• Flash FBE recovery found in this thread. Wipe system, cache and use format data. Install ROM and format data again, boot up system. Flash gapps and wipe data and reboot. Did also do this without wiping data after flashing gapps.
  • Doing the previous steps but made sure to remove pin/password prior. Did also try to remove/add SIM-lock in combination with and without pin/password.
  • Wiped through fastboot - recovery, system, cache and userdata. userdata wiped with the "--wipe-and-use-fbe" switch.
  • Wiped recovery, system, cache, userdata, vendor and boot through fastboot. And the proceeded with above steps.
    • Same but flashed stock images, including radio and bootloader, prior and then wiped system/cache/data in recovery.

In addition to the above, I tried various methods of installing the ROM; Sideload/OTG/Internal storage.

I'm quite lost as what to do since I can't really find anyone with the exact same issue. One thing to note though, I did recently replace my battery if that is vital information. I did not however have any issues with ROMs that use FDE.

I have the same issue ;c

wizardwiz

Jul 24, 2011
Tel Aviv

Ever since the May update, current 3.2.3.1 FBE TWRP doesn't decrypt correctly.
As far as I could see, even pixel phones has the same issue. the thing is that they had a fix for the latest TWRP with FBE. We are still with a version from 2018
Only solution is to remove screen lock, do what ever you need to do with TWRP and than lock your screen again.

Reactions: valraf

Skull2candy

Oct 5, 2016
I am able to flash FBE and other TWRP versions via fastboot but not able to boot into twrp for some reason. I don't have any twrp installed atm so I can't flash the new version from twrp my only option is to flash via fastboot.
Any tips How can I do this
My phone always stuck on GOOGLE screen after I try to boot into TWRP

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
I am able to flash FBE and other TWRP versions via fastboot but not able to boot into twrp for some reason. I don't have any twrp installed atm so I can't flash the new version from twrp my only option is to flash via fastboot.

Try flashing with fastboot the recovery in the link below. If you can't boot into that one you may have the BLOD.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/general/bootloop-death-blod-workaround-zip-t3819515

Talysdaddy

Apr 15, 2013
sEAtOWn, WA

Are you able to boot into stock recovery right now?
If so, then we know you got the right key combo, which means the install didn't go thru correctly.
In case you went ahead and tried to reinstall it, being in Fastboot, then flashing TWRP, make sure you see the confirmation it flashed ok, if so, unplug your phone, use the volume buttons to scroll up/down till you see the option to "reboot to recovery," press the power button to select it, that should take to TWRP after a couple mins.

sage of six paths

Oct 15, 2014
Zenica
Have been using this rom for a while. It's a good rom, about 4.5h (till 15%) sot based on my usage with agressive battery settings. Also with cpu frequencies tuned down. Have not tried any cpu profiles yet.
Everything works that i have tried using, like the grayscale reading mode. That's about it nothing to complain about.

Reactions: mohsin.android

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
For those users who are finding difficulties flashing FBE ROMs and looping to TWRP, take notice and flash this TWRP instead.
This fixes the FBE decryption and the system-as-root issue.
TWRP

Thank you very much for passing this along. Now able to decrypt with password/pin.

For those who have the BLOD, don't forget to flash Osm0sis' workaround zip immediately after flashing this new recovery and before booting into it so it patches it. Otherwise you won't be able to boot into the new recovery.

badboyblue

Mar 25, 2012
Do I need to flash the vendor image for this rom? I got a bootloop at the Superior OS logo flashing with FBE Recovery

Last edited:

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Anyone getting crashes/reboots when updating apps on Play Store? I'm using July's SimpleGApps and was wondering if those using OpenGApps have experienced the same? Will get logs next time it happens.
I've have this issue any time to try to flash that newest FDE based rom in our forum, and on this when the first build was fde based.

I ways clean flash so when I would try to install apps via the store or using titanium backup it would soft reboot after installing a couple apps.

I had tried both ezios simple gapps and open gapps and the same issue. You're the only one aside from me that's posted about this. I got logs a week ago and posted it in the pixysos thread but didn't get a response.

I've only noticed it on this ROM and that rom. I was beginning to think it was a clean flash issue and everyone and their mother dirty flashes. But I guess it can happen on updates including new app installs.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
I've have this issue any time to try to flash that newest FDE based rom in our forum, and on this when the first build was fde based.

I ways clean flash so when I would try to install apps via the store or using titanium backup it would soft reboot after installing a couple apps.

I had tried both ezios simple gapps and open gapps and the same issue. You're the only one aside from me that's posted about this. I got logs a week ago and posted it in the pixysos thread but didn't get a response.

I've only noticed it on this ROM and that rom. I was beginning to think it was a clean flash issue and everyone and their mother dirty flashes. But I guess it can happen on updates including new app installs.

Yeah, mine was on a clean flash on both FDE and FBE builds. Initial app installs and updates since. Not all the time but quite frequently. Most of the time it soft reboots. Haven't experienced it on any other rom either (haven't tried PixysOS). Very strange...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo.png

About US:
    Superior OS is a AOSP based custom ROM with some minimal features to fullfill the users demands nowadays.

Disclaimer.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
     * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.
    "This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

Procedure.png

CLEAN FLASH :
    Download the latest build and GApps
    Reboot to recovery
    Take Backup (Not Necessary)
    Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
    Flash the latest build
    Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build and GApps
    Wipe Cache
    Reboot

Note : GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the ROM.

Features.png

Code:
    [LIST]
    [U][B]STATUSBAR:[/B][/U]
    [*]Clock and Date.
    [*]Statusbar icons.
    [*]Traffic indicators.
    [*]Show data disabled icon.
    [*]4G Icon Instead of LTE.
    [*]Battery percent styles.
    [*]VoLTE Toggle.
    [*]Option to Display Data Disabled Indicator Icon.
    [*]BatteryBar.
    [*]Option to disable roaming indicator.

[U][B]Navigation Bar:[/B][/U]
    [*]Enable/Disable Navbar.
    [*]Smartnav.
    [*]Navbar Pulse.
    [*]Pixel navbar animation.
    [*]Navbar invert layout.

[U][B]QUICK SETTINGS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Tiles track accent color toogle.
    [*]Quick pulldown.
    [*]Rows and columns tweaks.
    [*]QS brightness slider position.
    [*]QS Header Styles.
    [*]QS Tile Style.
    [*]Running services icon toggle.
    [*]QS brightness buttons options.
    [*]Smart Pulldown.
    [*]Allow disabling QS panle on secured lockscreen

[U][B]Animations:[/B][/U]
    [*]Toast Animations.
    [*]AOKP custom system animations.
    [*]Listanimation.
    [*]Screen off animations.

[U][B]RECENTS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Permanately Hide apps.
    [*]Choose Recent Styles.
    [*]Slim Recent.
    [*]Recents Clear All Button (For Oreo style).
    [*]Memorybar to recents (For Oreo Style).

[U][B]LOCKSCREEN:[/B][/U]
    [*]Double-tap to sleep.
    [*]Lockscreen Tuner.
    [*]Charging info.
    [*]Face auto unlock.
    [*]Fingerprint Authentication Vibration.
    [*]Lockscreen Clock Widget Fonts.
    [*]Lockscreen Media Art.
    [*]Lockscreen Date Font Styles.
    [*]Lockscreen Visualizer.
    [*]Lockscreen Weather like Pixels.
    [*]Unlock keystore with fingerprint after reboot.
    [*]Lockscreen Clock style.
    [*]Lockscreen Font sizes.
    [*]Lockscreen cover art filter.

[U][B]BUTTONS:[/B][/U]
    [*]H/W keys customisation.
    [*]H/W buttons backlight customisations.
    [*]Volume key cursor control.
    [*]Volume rocker  wake.

[U][B]NOTIFICATIONS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Headsup Customisations.
    [*]Incall Vibrations.
    [*]Battery light customization.
    [*]Blink Flashlight on Call.
    [*]Less boring headsup.
    [*]Allow to suppress notifications sound/vibration if screen is On

[U][B]MISC:[/B][/U]
    [*]Three Finger Screenshot.
    [*]Volume rocker music control.
    [*]Toast App Icon.
    [*]AppOps.
    [*]Pocket Mode.
    [*]Suspend Actions.

[U][B]Others:[/B][/U]
    [*]Accent Color Manager.
    [*]Scramble pin on lockscreen.
    [*]lockscreen quick unlock.
    [*]Call Recording.
    [*]Forward port CM Screen Security settings (4x4, 5x5, 6x6).
    [*]Lockscreen Charging animation.
    [*]Lockscreen Powermenu Visibility .
    [*]OP Gestures.
    [*]Doubletap or longpress power to toggle flashlight.
    [*]DU Font Engine.
    [*]Ability to restrict app data/wifi usage.
    [*]Aggressive Battery feature.
    [*]Smartcharging.
    [*]LiveDisplay.

Lots more to come soon!..Stay Tuned!!![/LIST]

Downloads.png

Download ROM:SuperiorOS

Download Gapps:
    OpenGApps

Note : Nano and above Gapps are recommended.​

Credits.png

SuperiorOS Core Team
    AOSP
    Lineage OS
    DotOS
    PixelExperience
    DirtyUnicorns
    AospExtended
    Syberia OS
    Nitrogen OS
    Pixys OS
    ArrowOS
    MSM-Xtended
    HavocOS
    BootleggersROM
    ABC

Team.png

Sipun Ku Mahanta - Founder/Lead Developer
    Jayant Deshmukh - Core Team/Lead Developer
    Pavan Patel - Core Team/Designer
    Titus Joseph - Designer
    Swapnil Soni - Web Developer.

Special thanks:
    Sam Grande - Banner Designer(About Superior Section)
    Aryanata Andi - Bootanimation Designer

Important Links

Donate.png

Loved the ROM? Want to help it imporove? Gift us with some credits!

Source.png

Superior OS source

SuperiorOS-Device Sources
    telegram.png

Telegram Group
    Telegram Channel

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Superior OS, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://github.com/SuperiorOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be on latest Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nemesis
    Stable Release Date: 2019-07-26

Created 2019-07-26
    Last Updated 2019-08-17
    Angler got Superior

Just recently, our beloved Nexus 6P has been added to the official list of the SuperiorOS ROM.
    New builds, entering via OTA and Sourceforge will include the most out of the SuperiorOS ROM, so take this functionality to its fullest.
    Installation Instructions:
    • Grab our recovery from the peripherals section and install it.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Wipe > Format data
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.
    Device Updates:
    • Device Stability
    • Improved Device Performance
    • Improved Battery Life Performance

Superior OS Updates:
    • August Security Patch
    Yeah, I think that's exactly what happened. Cutting and pasting...
    Thanks for confirming it is fde though. I'll def give it a shot once I'm off work tomorrow morning. Been wanting to try one of his builds for a while now.