[ROM][9.0][beryllium] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2019/12/12]

Search This thread

pfavayi

May 18, 2017
No OTA for CAF update? basically they've just move PE in CAF right?

is this ok with dirty flash, like the usual steps?

Turn off Magisk Module
Flash Update
Clear Cache/Dalvik
Reboot?
Yes

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Can anyone help me to step by step guide on how to clean flash the new CAF on the older one.. Sorry for being a noob...
Google...
Read the forum

Last edited by a moderator:

m0d3rn

Sep 10, 2010
Hey guys, i really like the overall feel of the ROM, but i wanted to try the CAF version and clean flashed it and have random reboots with the screen locked and i think getting notifications.
I can see them for half a second and then the phone reboots itself.
I've never had this problem with the AOSP version and want to check if i have to search the problem on my side or anybody else is experiencing similar.

Thank you for your work! :)

faeArai

Sep 26, 2008
Hey guys, i really like the overall feel of the ROM, but i wanted to try the CAF version and clean flashed it and have random reboots with the screen locked and i think getting notifications.
I can see them for half a second and then the phone reboots itself.
I've never had this problem with the AOSP version and want to check if i have to search the problem on my side or anybody else is experiencing similar.

Thank you for your work! :)
No such issue here. Maybe you should try to clean install. Use titanium to backup your app settings.

Jasmohit

Feb 15, 2015
I'm having random reboots on caf version of the ROM whenever I'm in landscape mode and pressing volume buttons. Or maybe it's an issue with parellel space

CobraStrike

Nov 28, 2011
I've been charging my phone nightly and for some reason it continues to say "4 days since last full charge" ... Anyone else having that problem or know what's up with it? Currently on the AOSP 20190210 release.

dalyer

Jun 24, 2013
Dublin
I cannot find display cutout option under developer options in PE caf version. Is it disabled in PE caf?
Couldn't find it either so I just installed and use Nacho Notch.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

What are the benefits and drawbacks of the CAF version?
Answered already earlier.
Search for "code aurora forums" here and on the web.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I tried downgrading vendor bywiping cash and delvik then flashing 9.2.18 vendor + dfe and now im stuck on the G loading page for like 10 mins,,,
Magisk (non systemless?) module issue?
Disable magisk modules before doing that.
Try magisk uninstaller in twrp now and see if it helps.

BTW it's cache and dalvik not cash and delvik!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019
Can't record video

It's because you turned on save portrait photos to /DCIM option what bugged

I can't record video when i rotate the phone.
When i click on record button it was instantly cancel the recording and no video saved on memory.
Can you help me
Aosp

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

I've been charging my phone nightly and for some reason it continues to say "4 days since last full charge" ... Anyone else having that problem or know what's up with it? Currently on the AOSP 20190210 release.

Same problem with me. And i thought quick charge(fast charging) is not working. I checked all the things like adaptor, usb. While on miui it was fine but when instal PE I'm facing these problem on my two phone. Poco f1 and MI A1.
Don't know it's a rom issue but it was happened after the PE.

CobraStrike

Nov 28, 2011
I can't record video when i rotate the phone.
When i click on record button it was instantly cancel the recording and no video saved on memory.
Can you help me
Aosp

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Same problem with me. And i thought quick charge(fast charging) is not working. I checked all the things like adaptor, usb. While on miui it was fine but when instal PE I'm facing these problem on my two phone. Poco f1 and MI A1.
Don't know it's a rom issue but it was happened after the PE.

Sort of a relief... I was thinking it may have been a battery/hardware issue preventing it from charging fully or something.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019
This is rather misleading and mostly not true.

While is correct that technically kernel sits idle doing nothing (for most of the time, at least), the other part of the picture is that kernel is *completely in charge* of handling power management of CPU/GPU and all other devices in smartphone.

It is responsibility of the kernel to schedule workloads between the cores (and turn off cores which are not in use, if needed - with various states of 'sleepiness' in between), to control CPU/GPU voltage and frequency (again - per core), speed of system bus and to turn off power to components which not in use at the given moment (sound, wifi, bluetooth, etc).

For instance, there many ways to implement CPU/voltage scaling with load, using various governors and tables - if your kernel run the CPU at higher voltage than need (maybe to extract the maximum possible performance), this will definitely contribute to higher battery consumption.

There have also been cases of buggy, 'overoptimized', incorrectly built/configured kernels, which do not implement power management logic for the specific platform correctly, for example keep idle devices powered on or fail to schedule workloads optimally according Heterogeneous Multi-Processing (like in big.LITTLE architecture) and keep these expensive (in terms of power consumption) big cores online all the time - such kernels WILL cause battery drain.
I'm a computer engineer. And I'm agree with what you are saying. It's true.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

CAF PIXEL EXPERIENCE Rom with 9.2.21Vendor-Firmware and Derp Kernel 2.9. The battery from 100% to 20 % is it good SOT

I also facing same. On PE AOSP with latest vendor.
Also have another issue quick charge(fast charging) is not working.

Mooatreides

Dec 9, 2018
Beersheva
---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Magisk (non systemless?) module issue?
Disable magisk modules before doing that.
Try magisk uninstaller in twrp now and see if it helps.

BTW it's cache and dalvik not cash and delvik![/QUOTE]

I did dint work, whatever i was testing it out, went back to NOS and i have a backup anyway. Maybe it was because i put derp3.0 maybe if i had restored original kernel

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone