[ROM][9.0] crDroid Android 5.12 | UNOFFICIAL

Search This thread

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your athene, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
8) Flash gapps
9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk.

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
• Any app that depends on libc.so will crash. (Example: Brawl Stars)

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- @Lyuu@lCrD512@FelipezTy@Deivid_21@jer194@Seri-Koyuki
- And everyone At XDA, TG and Github
- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

DONATE

Last edited:

bill88t

Aug 27, 2015
athens
This rom is quite good! It definitely is on par with havoc and perhaps it even surpasses it. Reliability is still questionable, but the features are there!

Reactions: fuyukihidekii

yoless42

Jul 5, 2016
Erfurt
I clean flashed the latest version yesterday (clean flash: not only wiped but formatted all partitions: system, data, cache) and after setting basic things up I'm experiencing a strange effect: I'm using just one SIM card and after reboot I have to enter the PIN for that SIM and it is registering after a few seconds with the network. Everything seems okay so far - but after a few seconds it looses the network connection and I have either to reboot or sometimes turning on/off airplane mode is reviving the network. I checked the APN setting - all okay so far. Also network settings (4G/3G/2G) seem okay to me. The SIM card in another phone is working, as well the same SIM with either stock ROM or an older crDroid version is also okay - did I miss something? Are there different HW revisions of the phone (like modem version or such) i.e. global <> EU so I can't use this rom not at all?

Reactions: joefidler

joefidler

Sep 27, 2007
after a few seconds it looses the network connection and I have either to reboot or sometimes turning on/off airplane mode is reviving the network
Same here - I have two SIMs installed & enabled and lost network connection after a couple of minutes - and have not been able to connect again. I have previously used this phone and same SIMs, with other ROMs, to connect to networks ok.

yoless42

Jul 5, 2016
Erfurt
Same here - I have two SIMs installed & enabled and lost network connection after a couple of minutes - and have not been able to connect again. I have previously used this phone and same SIMs, with other ROMs, to connect to networks ok.

I also tried various combinations of SIM cards in either slot - or both slots without success.
May I ask which HW version you have? I found my device to be a XT1642 (which is EMEA I think) and maybe it's just the wrong modem firmware (few years ago I had trouble with other devices and could solve it by flashing the proper modem firmware). AFAIK there are at least two more HW versions: XT1643 and XT1644 (maybe even more) which have been sold as "Moto G4 plus".

As soon as I find the time I will flash the stock firmware (which is working in my case) and check if I can extract the modem part from it just to see what happens - in all cases I do have root access so cross-flashing should be no issue

Update: crDroid does not contain modem firmware at all (only stock firmware is flashing modem) - and the installer says it's compatible with a lot of differnent devices (about a dozen XT16xx)

Last edited:

joefidler

Sep 27, 2007
My G4 Plus is an XT1642 (M1B89). Slot 1 has a Telstra (Australia) SIM and slot 2 an AT&T (USA) SIM in it. With this ROM the Telstra SIM connected once and has never reconnected to the network since. The slot 2 SIM appears to connect but I am unable to test that fully ($$$). I am also unable to turn off/deactivate either SIM.

I flashed firmware and EFS partitions from an old ArrowOS 9 backup that I know works, but that didn't help. So I then installed a backup I have of ArrowOS10 from the same dev (abandoned?) , and it works fine - connect/calling and SMS are ok.

yoless42

Jul 5, 2016
Erfurt
Gentlemen,

now it's beginning to become curious: I was operating the phone with stock firmware for about two weeks (just needed an operational phone and not special features). Now I prepared to flash crDroid again and was preparing some things like: saving modem partition plus some more just in case they get lost.
I was putting crDroid and gapps on SD and cleaning all partitions (at least system and data) and all of a sudden both SIM slots are working (either SIM1 or SIM2 or even both) after flashing and setting up the phone? Even restoring my TItanium backed up apps was an easy piece of cake so I was up&running in less than 2 hrs

There is no reasonable explanation for that - except operating the phone with stock firmware a while would have corrected things?

In any case I'm now happy my good old G4 plus is operating a modern OS with all the features I expect (my other phone all have crDroid)

KenshinH

Jul 10, 2020
LB
Signal mobile

Hi dear boys...
It is important that the baseband is Oreo, so as not to have mobile signal problems

----------

es importante que la baseband sea Oreo, para no tener problemas de señal movil

Reactions: yoless42

yoless42

Jul 5, 2016
Erfurt
Hi dear boys...
It is important that the baseband is Oreo, so as not to have mobile signal problems

----------

es importante que la baseband sea Oreo, para no tener problemas de señal movil

That might be the explanation: I was trying in the past with various "P"/"Q" roms - possible this has been a leftover. And flashing stock firmware (which is "O") solved that.

taman89

Apr 14, 2017
Accent and dark theme in Crdroid settings has a bug. Screen goes black in bootup when changing different colors of accent. Its also occurs with dark and black theme.

redfox64

Jun 17, 2010
This ROM is just great. Good performance, stable, nice battery life, looks, personalization. I tried several other Pie (such as Arrow arm and x64) roms but always ended coming back to Lineage and 7.1.2 due to bugs (mainly a bug that broke WhatsApp's audio messages), I'm using it as my daily driver without an issue. Thanks crDroid team!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you very much for the suggestions, one question, which rom do you recommend me to use for daily use? I can only think of stock haha So many roms and all with errors, the phone already has problems even in stock
    Well, from all of the roms, AOSiP is the only one that were stable for me, i installed the most recent security patch and for now i didn't have any wifi disconnection because it didn't get really hot
    Do you mean the rom that is on the first page? the 64 bit one? I'm going to install it then, I hope the headache that this generates goes away haha Thanks And what gapps are you using?
    Yes, the AOSiP one, but first, if your device doesn't get overheated, use ARM64 version, if does get overheated, i recommend you more the ARM version, in my case, overheating does cause random wifi disconnections.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your athene, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    8) Flash gapps
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk.

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Any app that depends on libc.so will crash. (Example: Brawl Stars)

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- @Lyuu@lCrD512@FelipezTy@Deivid_21@jer194@Seri-Koyuki
    - And everyone At XDA, TG and Github
    - Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

DONATE
    Serious network issues on clean installation. Network is not stable.
    Serious network issues on clean installation. Network is not stable.

I have had this issue a few days ago: Flashing the original (stock) Oreo FW for a while solved it for me: I operated my device for a week during summer holidays with stock FW and now with crDroid I have no issues with network connectivity anymore. Both SIM slots are working
    There is even a TWRP flashable zip file somewhere if you like to try this out

Link to the flashable stock rom https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/development/rom-oreo-8-1-0-soak-test-t3873367
    Which gapps package is recommended - 32 bit /64 bit?

PixelGApps or BiTGApps, ARM