[ROM][9.0][DEAD]Resurrection Remix v7.0.2 [Pixel 2 XL/taimen]

Search This thread

Poebat

Jan 15, 2016
Is it at all possible to flash this ROM onto walleye? I know it's for the P2 XL, but would flashing the correct vendor and boot images allow it to boot? I tried compiling my own ROM with no success, unfortunately.

alphamale

Mar 24, 2011
Massillion
Is it at all possible to flash this ROM onto walleye? I know it's for the P2 XL, but would flashing the correct vendor and boot images allow it to boot? I tried compiling my own ROM with no success, unfortunately.
That's a bad idea. What kind of errors. There is a thread for rom building

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/chef-central/android/guide-android-rom-development-t2814763/page964

Reactions: Poebatq

Poebatq

May 8, 2015
That's a bad idea. What kind of errors. There is a thread for rom building
Alright, thanks for the heads up. When I tried to run the breakfast command, walleye wasn't an option, despite adding the device tree from this thread. It seemed to be pulling from the LOS breakfast menu.

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
one of the greatest rom ever but strange it`s not perfect on a device that should be easily workable becouse it`s from google. I love the smoothness but a lot of stuff keep me back from this. call audio isn`t working at all in latest build, ok google isn`t working, now playing on lockscreen/aod also. little things but can`t be used becouse of call audio isn`t working. I hope this is easy fix, it`s a shame that rom this good can`t be used...

deux9

Jul 27, 2013
Is this dead?

I enjoy the ROM so far, but with audio calls not working it isn't really usable. With such a critical bug present so far... Is this dead or what?

Lunarixus

Dec 24, 2018
London
Ok so to put this simply, this ROM has been dead for a long time, I was in the process of fixing call audio when I got banned from RR maintainership.
For the record, I am not gonna go try to get my maintainership back because this ROM was hard enough to develop for when all of my fixes got "submit to Lineage gerrit pls" as the replies.
I will mark this post as dead, thank you for using my ROM but I'd suggest something from @Eamo5 instead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix P for Google Pixel 2 XL (taimen)

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

Known bugs:
    - Active edge
    - Need to flash opengapps after first boot
    - Maybe verity, try with and without

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix Pie for Google Pixel 2 XL, ROM for the Google Pixel 2 XL

Contributors
    Lunarixus
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-05-06
    Last Updated 2019-10-26
    Latest build has call audio fixed, enjoy the ROM everybody! :)
    Ok so to put this simply, this ROM has been dead for a long time, I was in the process of fixing call audio when I got banned from RR maintainership.
    For the record, I am not gonna go try to get my maintainership back because this ROM was hard enough to develop for when all of my fixes got "submit to Lineage gerrit pls" as the replies.
    I will mark this post as dead, thank you for using my ROM but I'd suggest something from @Eamo5 instead.
    Holy crap! It finally happened! Thank you! Flashing now!

Can someone elaborate on the call audio bug?

Call audio doesn't work in the stock phone app, they can't hear you and you can't hear them. It works in other apps like WhatsApp or Messenger though. I'll look into it when I can.
    If anyone has flashed this ROM and has the call audio bug, does what's mentioned in the Reddit thread linked below work to fix it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/...alls/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs

I tried but no luck. The rest of the rom is great though. Will definitely come back to this rom if there is a fix for this, always loved RR