• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][DISCONTINUED] Bootleggers 4.1

Search This thread

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
BBWnPg5.png

jGuv1V8.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

YcFDVps.png

Bootleggers is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects.
The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.
With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls),
ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you always a good experience.

J1qmVnX.png

If you encounter any issues with sensors or anything related to hardware, please flash stock rom and then a custom one.
Clean flash is highly recommended. The build is binder64.
  • wipe Dalvik cache, /system, /data and /cache.
  • flash BootleggersROM-Pie4variant.4.1-Stable-Unshishufied-date.zip
  • flash Open GApps ARM, 9.0

Wau6sPl.png

If you want to contact me, head for my telegram.
I also really recommend joining telegram: G3 development channel for more info about my projects!
The thread has been designed by me, please don't copy it.

vstmghB.png

MEGA (recommended)
AndroidFileHost
Recommended TWRP
Open GApps
Root: Magisk
Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11
custom kernel: LineageXTD by @ppajdek

3HX70f6.png

@dadi11
@ppajdek
@walter79
@Artx
@firebird11
Shishu
Ground Zero ROMs Team, AOSPExtended, ABC ROMs, NitrogenOS, AICP, DirtyUnicorns
OmniROM, CyanogenMod/LineageOS, PixelExperience, PureNexus
Resurrection Remix, AOSiP, CrDroid, CypherOS, PureKat
Project Xtended, Pixeldust Project, AquariOS
PixysOS, The Memedo Testers team
Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
merothh
theimpulson
MatiHalperin

fGT6lig.png

github.com/BootleggersROM
github.com/itsHardStyl3r
gitlab.com/HardStyl3r
device and kernel sources

Information about open sources from HardStyl3r

XDA:DevDB Information
Bootleggers, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
HardStyl3r
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2019-02-10
Last Updated 2019-06-21

mtkmanjaro

Apr 10, 2017
D851 clean flash, well i can tell you dudes this rom can be used as dayli driver the performance is very close to the AEX rom, to root don't flash magisk after flash room because when you reboot the device magisk is not installed, reboot setup the device then reboot to recovery flash magisk and this time it works. This rom has many nice features. Thanks @HardStyl3r

Reactions: HardStyl3r

Skippy12359

Feb 28, 2018
Very nice Hardstyl3r congratulations on the new ROM. Working great on d850. Only issue found is same as any G3 ROM I've flashed. WiFi keeps shutting itself off, usually when screen turns off and custom ROMs don't have setting like stock does to keep WiFi connected when screen is off. It's just too frustrating to keep looking for a solution, so after 4 1/2 years of enjoying my G3's, looks like when this d850 dies I'll be moving on to newer device. All your work keeping our G3's going is much appreciated.

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
Very nice Hardstyl3r congratulations on the new ROM. Working great on d850. Only issue found is same as any G3 ROM I've flashed. WiFi keeps shutting itself off, usually when screen turns off and custom ROMs don't have setting like stock does to keep WiFi connected when screen is off. It's just too frustrating to keep looking for a solution, so after 4 1/2 years of enjoying my G3's, looks like when this d850 dies I'll be moving on to newer device. All your work keeping our G3's going is much appreciated.
Thanks! And the fact that wifi disconnects is a new behaviour of Pie I think which I don't know how to change, but it's definitely not an hardware issue.

eric93se

Oct 23, 2013
Glad I'm not the only one who has wifi turning off issue when screen is turned off. At home it's fine (haven't tested with screen off though) but on public wifi spots it's a real headache. D850, problem with both official 14.1 and Hardstylers Pie.

eric93se

Oct 23, 2013
I don't have any hidden networks to test with.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Skippy, do you use AFwall+ ?

Skippy12359

Feb 28, 2018
I don't have any hidden networks to test with.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Skippy, do you use AFwall+ ?

Nope, it's fine on home wifi, but on public WiFi with any OS other than stock 30a on my current d850 wifi constantly shuts off. I'm talking excellent signal strength wifi. Exact same issue back when I had vs985 variant as well. Stock MM worked fine, custom ROM, constant disconnections on public WiFi.

eric93se

Oct 23, 2013
Nope, it's fine on home wifi, but on public WiFi with any OS other than stock 30a on my current d850 wifi constantly shuts off. I'm talking excellent signal strength wifi. Exact same issue back when I had vs985 variant as well. Stock MM worked fine, custom ROM, constant disconnections on public WiFi.

How about captive portal login detection? I personally remove it from the phone.

Do ALL of the public wifi drop you? I tried another one and was able to use it, but did not test much, I can try it another time and see what happens. The one I need to use, drops me constantly now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

jGuv1V8.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

YcFDVps.png

Bootleggers is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects.
    The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.
    With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls),
    ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you always a good experience.

J1qmVnX.png

If you encounter any issues with sensors or anything related to hardware, please flash stock rom and then a custom one.
    Clean flash is highly recommended. The build is binder64.
    • wipe Dalvik cache, /system, /data and /cache.
    • flash BootleggersROM-Pie4variant.4.1-Stable-Unshishufied-date.zip
    • flash Open GApps ARM, 9.0

Wau6sPl.png

If you want to contact me, head for my telegram.
    I also really recommend joining telegram: G3 development channel for more info about my projects!
    The thread has been designed by me, please don't copy it.

vstmghB.png

MEGA (recommended)
    AndroidFileHost
    Recommended TWRP
    Open GApps
    Root: Magisk
    Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11
    custom kernel: LineageXTD by @ppajdek

3HX70f6.png

@dadi11
    @ppajdek
    @walter79
    @Artx
    @firebird11
    Shishu
    Ground Zero ROMs Team, AOSPExtended, ABC ROMs, NitrogenOS, AICP, DirtyUnicorns
    OmniROM, CyanogenMod/LineageOS, PixelExperience, PureNexus
    Resurrection Remix, AOSiP, CrDroid, CypherOS, PureKat
    Project Xtended, Pixeldust Project, AquariOS
    PixysOS, The Memedo Testers team
    Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
    fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
    Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
    merothh
    theimpulson
    MatiHalperin

fGT6lig.png

github.com/BootleggersROM
    github.com/itsHardStyl3r
    gitlab.com/HardStyl3r
    device and kernel sources

Information about open sources from HardStyl3r

XDA:DevDB Information
    Bootleggers, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    HardStyl3r
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2019-02-10
    Last Updated 2019-06-21
    3VA8S7D.png

4.2, 21.06.2019
    obaV9WJ.png

Notes: source highly unstable

mTbozIZ.png

Notes: if source is still broken on June update, the support will be dropped.

4.1, 17.04.2019
    mTbozIZ.png

Notes: source is broken

4.0, 10.02.2019
    MAOy08d.png

Code:
     * initial release
    default gallery program? gallery program didn't like it...

Mmmm. You can download many gallery app from playstore, seriously are you asking for defaul app.
    This rom is exceptionally smooth, pretty, and quick on the D850. Great battery life as well. It is my new favorite and I will continue to use it as a daily driver I think it is better than some of the other more popular roms out there for the G3. ... I have not witnessed any bugs. No random reboots. I love the boot up animations btw. It makes me feel like a badass (Immensity UI theme boot). I love all the features, themes, and fonts. However, not a problem at all with the stability of the rom, but be forewarned that as feature-rich as this rom is I noticed some basic features missing, such as: custom LED notification control, keyboard cursor control via volume up/down, and Status-bar font colors/sizes. But whatever. It works great. Its a winner!! I will chime in if I notice anything buggy. Thanks again HardStyl3r!! Beautiful work!