[ROM][9.0][ether] Pixel Experience [AOSP/CAF][2019/03/17]

Search This thread

AnierinB

Recognized Developer

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for the Nextbit Robin[Ether]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP/CAF based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FMRadio
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound / vibration
Facelock

Known issues
Broken IMS-VoLTE

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Official Download

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Telegram channel
Stay tuned

XDA:DevDB Information
Pixel Experience 9.0, ROM for the Nextbit Robin

Contributors
AnierinB, NurKeinNeid
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nextbit_msm8992
ROM Firmware Required: N108
Based On: AOSP/CAF

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.x
Stable Release Date: 2019-03-17

Created 2019-03-17
Last Updated 2019-03-17

Last edited:

tlxxxsracer

Jul 28, 2010
San Jose
FP scanner registration isnt working.

Edit: getting a lot of weird behaviors with launching restarting. Getting missed/double or phantom screen presses (when scrolling through app draw it'll open an app randomly)

Last edited:

AnierinB

Recognized Developer
FP scanner registration isnt working.

Edit: getting a lot of weird behaviors with launching restarting. Getting missed/double or phantom screen presses (when scrolling through app draw it'll open an app randomly)

Finger registration works. Usually you have to attempt enrolling your finger a second time to actually get it to register. I've found this to be the same for every pie ROM I've used/built for ether.

As for your phantom input issue, I haven't experienced anything of the sort myself. Can you capture the issue in a logcat and link it here?

Last edited:

mazzhg

Nov 26, 2013
PE is the favorite rom for all my devices and also on Robin it works well. One question, is it possible to add a shortcut to turn off the screen without pressing power button? For example long press on back button, or other.

Thank you for supporting Robin and your great work.

Reactions: AnierinB

Raiz

Forum Moderator / XDA Welcome Team
Staff member
PE is the favorite rom for all my devices and also on Robin it works well. One question, is it possible to add a shortcut to turn off the screen without pressing power button? For example long press on back button, or other.

Thank you for supporting Robin and your great work.
Unfortunately it's not possible. Since it's an official version, Anierin can't add features to this ROM.
But you can always contact the creator of this ROM : jhenrique09 through XDA PM or Telegram

Reactions: AnierinB

Raiz

Staff member
Yaaaaaaaaay

Edit: Awww... Setup keeps crashing with no way out. Clean Install and everything :(
Everytime... That's the problem with this app...
Each time it happened to me, I got out of it after 10 min spamming buttons on the screen, and that was always with a huge luck.
Sorry man, I can't do anything about it.

sa3e1

Jan 18, 2010
Budapest
Finger registration works. Usually you have to attempt enrolling your finger a second time to actually get it to register. I've found this to be the same for every pie ROM I've used/built for ether.

As for your phantom input issue, I haven't experienced anything of the sort myself. Can you capture the issue in a logcat and link it here?

I see no option to enroll fingerprint (eighter during setup, nor in settings), how can I do it? Other than that really great ROM, thanks!

Raiz

Staff member
I see no option to enroll fingerprint (eighter during setup, nor in settings), how can I do it? Other than that really great ROM, thanks!
I'm running this ROM rn and fingerprint is under settings>security>fingerprint

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190410-152625.png
    Screenshot_20190410-152625.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 267
Reactions: AnierinB and sa3e1

AnierinB

Recognized Developer
Strangely I have no such option. Maybe I will do a full wipe and reinstall. Thanks anyway!

Are you on n108 firmware?

If so, I'd try reflashing it then PE. If that doesn't work, your fingerprint hardware may be broken. Can you confirm it working on other ROMs? If so, what ROMs & android version?

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiz

TheSonicEmerald

May 12, 2010
Buena Park
Is the expected behavior for incoming calls to just be broken, or should it be switching off VoLTE & switching on 3G for it work? I'm using Google Voice's Phone integration as well (dunno if that makes a difference), and all incoming calls have the muted issue on both sides.

Hateware

Nov 16, 2016
Can someone provide a mirror?
The download link is broken or the maintener doesn't support this ROM anymore.
Please, thanks in the advance!

Raiz

Staff member
Can someone provide a mirror?
The download link is broken or the maintener doesn't support this ROM anymore.
Please, thanks in the advance!
Actually I think the maintainer dropped this ROM since he's now a team member of the Evolution X ROM.
And he's busy right now so I don't think he'll be available any soon for this ROM

Top Liked Posts