[ROM][9.0][grus][unofficial] crDroid Android

Search This thread

Voodoojonny

Dec 17, 2015
Dortmund
crDroid under Android 10 (20191212 Build)
When i use fingeprint to unlock, the phone is unlocked but frozen.
When i use PIN to unlock, phone works normally.
Where is the problem?
This problem sometimes appear. For me yesterday... But after unlocking with pin, I could use fp again... Updated today to latest - 15.12.... Didn't appear til now again

Reactions: Petr 78

Petr 78

Jul 13, 2019
Plzen
Yes!
Under 15.12. Build works fingerprint perfect.

How do i configure navigation buttons?
I need app killing.
Under Android 9 i configure button back (long hold) to app killing.

Edit: The problem remains :( I have to wait for the update.

Last edited:

fgh11

Jun 12, 2019
i9100
LG G3
Hi, can someone explain why the first Page/Post isn't updated? Some links are not working and there is almost v6.0 out with Android 9 and 10, but you see no information about it. About v6.0 with Android 10 I only read just in one of many posts in this thread. It would be helpful when the Informations about the ROM would be actual.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brainstorm85

elpaablo

Nov 18, 2017

kerisky

Jun 10, 2015
Hello,
I'm on stock MIUI 11, global version. I would like to try a custom ROM but I don't know exactly witch one. I need to clone Whats app and to call and receive callings from two SIM cards. About the rest, I don't like very much MIUI 11 as it's somehow bloated for me, I come from Sense HTC and it was a more simple ROM. Notifications are not working as I like and I've some problem to synchronize Hotmail calendar with the stock MIUI calendar.

Can crDroid manage two SIM cards as well as MIUI 11 does ?
Another thing I would to use is shortcuts from Home screen...

Thanks,

Marco

Last edited:

Petr 78

Jul 13, 2019
Plzen
I´ve tried many ROMs for Xiaomi Mi9 SE.
And I have to say that the best is crDroid 5.8.
Why? Because Okita kernel. I am unhappy that the development has ended :(
Example:
Battery drain overnight (airplane mode).
crDroid 5.8 -1%
crDroid 6.0 and other ROMs - 6%
It´s allright?
No

Last edited:

kerisky

Jun 10, 2015
Thank you Petr,
Where can I find crDroid 5.8 for Mi 9se to try it? In the site of crDroid I can't find 5.8 version for Mi 9se...

kerisky

Jun 10, 2015
Confirm this is the most stable version I know of. I use it since it was released as a daily driver.

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 SE mit Tapatalk

Thank you, I've unblocked BL, TWRP, Magisk and last original MIUI 11 GLOBAL installed.
About installing crDroid 5.8, is it like crDroid 6 ?

First time installing crDroid to your phone, or coming from another ROM:

Installation
1) Boot into twrp, format data, swipe to factory reset, reboot back into twrp
2) flash crDroid zip
3) flash FW-Baseband_EEAGlobal_V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.zip
4) Flash gapps & magisk (if needed)
5) Reboot and pray || enjoy !
In case of bootloop/fastboot: flash vbmeta.img with fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

2) flash crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191006-grus-v5.8.zip
3) flash Flash FW_BB_V10.3.9.0.PFBEUXM.zip
In case of bootloop/fastboot: flash vbmeta.img with fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

marco

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Here everything is needed (FW, ROM,...):
https://yadi.sk/d/53wwZke5G_mSNQ
Take version 20190924 - it has Okita kernel

... reading txt files, also version 9.0-20191006 is with Okita kernel, isn't it stable ?

Reactions: Cosmox_

Petr 78

Jul 13, 2019
Plzen
It is better this way:

1) Boot into twrp, format data (yes), swipe to factory reset, reboot back into twrp
2) flash Flash FW_BB_V10.3.9.0.PFBEUXM.zip + crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190924-grus-v5.8.zip + gapps (arm64_9.0_pico) & magisk (if needed) in one step

Use FW FW_BB_V10.3.9.0.PFBEUXM.zip. Anyone else

Reactions: kerisky

kerisky

Jun 10, 2015
It is better this way:

1) Boot into twrp, format data (yes), swipe to factory reset, reboot back into twrp
2) flash Flash FW_BB_V10.3.9.0.PFBEUXM.zip + crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190924-grus-v5.8.zip + gapps (arm64_9.0_pico) & magisk (if needed) in one step

Use FW FW_BB_V10.3.9.0.PFBEUXM.zip. Anyone else

So... tank you Petr78, I have installed crDroid 5.8 20190924 with FW_BB_V10.3.9.0.PFBEUXM.zip, ANX camera and Magisk. I had a loop/fastboot, I flashed vmeta and fortunately this solved the problem :)
I like this ROM more than MIUI 11, especially links/shortcuts from APP to home screen ... and no Google Photo but Gcam 7 :)
I still have some problems to clone whats-app, I've tried two apps from the play-store for cloning but WA doesn't work very well and sometimes it crashes. I don't see how to clone apps from crDroid settings.

I've few more questions... :D

Is it possible to add a new pages on the the left side of the Home screen ?
Is it possible to re-map the back button and other buttons on the navigation bar : long press > kill the app ?
[How can I visualize Mobile data icon to see if data are received or transmitted by the phone (up/down arrow) ?]

EDIT: I've found the icon for data mobile !

Thanks !

Marco

Last edited:

Petr 78

Jul 13, 2019
Plzen
Question one: No. Or I don´t know how.
Question two: Yes. Settings/crDroid settings/Navigation/Interface/Way of navigation/SmartBar. And then SmartBar settings....... I apologize for the inaccurate names. I use Czech language version.

kerisky

Jun 10, 2015
V

Question two: Yes. Settings/crDroid settings/Navigation/Interface/Way of navigation/SmartBar. And then SmartBar settings....... I apologize for the inaccurate names. I use Czech language version.

Great! It's working.
A little issue with fingerprint/facelock but overall I like this ROM.

I've still an issue with Google backup service, the phone is connected with Google/Drive account but backup of data, SMS, app settings and calls... it is not working, still "waiting for backup", and the button "backup now" is greyed. Is it normal? Does it depend from Gapps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. It's mainly based on LineageOS.

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

crDroid v5.8 build
    crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190924-grus-v5.8.zip
    FW-Baseband_EEAGlobal_V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.zip

Requirements:
    1. Unlocked BL and TWRP installed

Installation
    2) flash crDroid zip
    3) flash FW-Baseband_EEAGlobal_V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.zip

Vendorless (GSI) crDroid v5.6 build [DEPRECATED]
    crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190731-grus-v5.6.zip

Requirements:
    1. Unlocked BL and TWRP installed
    2. Running some recent MIUI (yep, it's all about Treble so we're going to use vendor's blob and firmware)

Installation
    2) flash vendor-firmware zip & crDroid zip
    3) Flash gapps & magisk (if needed)
    4) Reboot and pray || enjoy !
    5) In case of bootloop: flash vbmeta.img with fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (check GSI topics to obtain vbmeta file)

***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    you tell me

Kudos to:
    crDroid Team
    @okitavera (ROM bundled with her kernel)
    @pengus77

Get your developer happy buy him some beer.. :) (thank you guys who already donated btw! very appreciated!)
    * Repo sync
    * Camera media_profiles additions
    * CHRE/ContextHub enabled (flash FW-Baseband_EEAGlobal_V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.zip for it to work)
    * Wifi Offload (?)
    * DPI set to 480
    * Reverted back to Okita Kernel 8.0
    * Perhaps it's final crDroid update based on Android Pie

* Ditched out castrated crDroid's doze implementation in favor of CustomDoze (more options like pulse on double tap etc)
    * Attempts to fix Always on Display, should be better now
    * Complete device tree rework

* Aspect ratio fix for pre-O apps
    * Sync with crDroid repo
    * bring up some build.props from MIUI
    * some minor fixes..

* Screen inactivity time fix
    * Fix Smartbar transperency (intentionally broken by crDroid but for what reason??)
    Can you tell me your exact steps please?, and additional info like, which rom you had before, and if you flash anything with fastboot and what with twrp, also, which twrp you used, and about vbmeta, you used it after, when you got stuck at fastboot as well?, sorry for so much questions but I really want to get rid of miui.
    If you have any additional info/advice, I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks!

Hi bro, here are the steps:

1. Flash latest TWRP from here using fastboot https://xdaforums.com/mi-9-se/development/twrp-3-3-1-3-mi9se-t3949328
    2. Boot into TWRP and go to wipe -> Swipe to factory reset, then go to advanced and wipe davilk cache - cache and data
    3. Go to Install and flash firmware given by OP
    4. Boot into fastboot mode again and flash vendor.img given by OP
    5. Now boot into TWRP and go to Install and Flash CrDroid & Gapps (Pico are recommended https://opengapps.org/)
    6. Now boot into fastboot mode using TWRP´s reboot options and flash vbmeta.img to prevent bootloop with this command: fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (run this command using 1.4.3 adb fastboot https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=746010030569952951)
    6.1 - Make sure that you put vbmeta.img file into the same folder that you installed adb fastboot 1.4.3, then run "cmdhere" as admin and paste the command
    7. If everything went Ok with step 6.1 - > type "fastboot reboot" Now you will have CrDroid installed :D
    @vecino finally I was able to get GPay working on my device :D

I am using latest beta build (082619), Google Play Services beta 19.0.56 and latest GPay apk 2.96.

I followed these steps:
    -clean flash of ROM and gapps.
    -skip GPay setup on start.
    -flash magisk, then add SQLite module and SQL fix. It will hid GPay and other Google related apps.
    -reboot and a add card, then reboot again.
    -profit.