[ROM][9.0][grus][unofficial] HavocOS v2.7

Search This thread

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Moscow
HavocOS v2.7 22/07/2019
During my spare time doing some experiments with custom ROM building for MI9SE, so decided to share may be it'll be useful for those who like AOSP expirience instead of "polished" MIUI.
Compared to "general GSI" images it feels much better and almost everything works at first glance, but need to test more of course..

BUGS:
There are some for sure, waiting to be discovered..

TODO
Fix SELinux policy. Keep it as "permissive" as for now.

Installation & Requirements

Reqs:
1. Unlocked BL and TWRP installed
2. Running MIUI global or PE (yep, it's all about Treble so we're going to use vendor's blob and firmware)

Installation
1. Boot into twrp, format data, swipe to factory reset, reboot back into twrp
2. flash Havoc-OS-v2.7-20190722-grus-Unofficial.zip
3. Flash gapps & magisk (if needed)
4. Reboot and pray || enjoy !
5. In case of bootloop (for me everything works without this step): flash vbmeta.img with fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (check GSI topics to obtain vbmeta file)

Credits to
HavocOS Team
@okitavera (ROM bundled with her kernel)

Links
FaceUnlock module which works for me. Flash it using TWRP:
TWRP_Face-Unlock-9-Pie.zip
Optionally you can flash latest ANXCamera for MIUI camera experience.
https://github.com/XEonAX/ANXCamera/releases/

Device tree
https://github.com/faust93/android_device_xiaomi_grus
https://github.com/faust93/android_device_xiaomi_sdm712-common

PPS: Clicking this link makes you buy me some beer. :)

Last edited:

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Moscow
Changelog
22/07/2019
* Charge only mode fix
* Sources sync with havoc repo

16/07/2019
* In-call mic/handset fix

13/07/2019
* Flicker-Free mode (experimental, shipped kernel is a must, will not work with Okita) (Settings->Display->at the very bottom)
* Bring up QTI Telephony stack (manual SIM provisioning is now possible)

12/07/2019
* Sources sync with Havoc repo
* Color profiles fix (Settings->Display->Color profile)

10/07/2019
* Unresponsive statusbar fixed
* FaceUnlock fixed (though you still need to flash it, look up for Magisk faceunlock module or use this one for TWRP)
* Several improvements regarding fingerprint UI
* Some other minor improvements/fixes..

Last edited:

shisaya24

Mar 10, 2013
Redmi Note 9 Pro
HavocOS v2.7 09/07/2019
Reqs:
2. Running MIUI global or PE (yep, it's all about Treble so we're going to use vendor's blob and firmware)

Installation
2. flash Havoc-OS-v2.7-20190709-grus-Unofficial.zip

I have a few questions:

1) format data - do you really mean format data? Do I have to wipe internal storage completely or do you mean "wipe data, cache, dalvik cache"?

2) which ROMs work as base ROM? is Xiaomi.eu beta possible? Or only official global rom?

3) coming from MIUI - will encryption be a problem at any point during installation? I would like to try your rom but I don't really want to risk loosing my internal storage due to encryption problems...

okitavera

Jan 6, 2016
Malang
okitavera.me
I have a few questions:

1) format data - do you really mean format data? Do I have to wipe internal storage completely or do you mean "wipe data, cache, dalvik cache"?

2) which ROMs work as base ROM? is Xiaomi.eu beta possible? Or only official global rom?

3) coming from MIUI - will encryption be a problem at any point during installation? I would like to try your rom but I don't really want to risk loosing my internal storage due to encryption problems...

1. Yes, Format the entire data, if you're come from anything besides this ROM itself.

3. Yup, for example; even if flashing back the Global Stable from Xiaomi.eu's ROM, you can't keep your encrypted data too. So, that's why you should format the data

Reactions: kernel96

okitavera

Jan 6, 2016
Malang
okitavera.me
- Wlan, Mobile Data, NFC : works.
- Camera (normal, wide, front) : works pretty well (I'm using MGC_6.2.030_MI9SE_V4_plus2 right now).
- Fingerprint : works as expected like the GSI's version (not as fast as miui and don't expect for an FOD while screen off or in ambient display).
- Double tap to wake : perfect (yes it is).

Bugs that I know :
- Statusbar is untouchable. (I have to back to the launcher since it has swipe down gesture if I want to saw notification/qs)
- MTP is recognized but I can't open it on my system (Arch Linux x86_64, Thunar FM from xfce4 desktop)
- No Smart Lock or Face Unlock option yet

- Havoc v2.7 w/ the built-in kernel.
- OpenGapps arm64 9.0 nano (build 20190704)
- Magisk 19.3 stable

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20190710-084702.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20190710-084702.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 3,104
  • Screenshot_Settings_20190710-084724.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20190710-084724.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,928
  • Screenshot_NFC_Tools_20190710-090305.png
    Screenshot_NFC_Tools_20190710-090305.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 2,921
  • Screenshot_Camera_20190710-083758.jpg
    Screenshot_Camera_20190710-083758.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 2,873
  • Screenshot_Camera_20190710-083805.jpg
    Screenshot_Camera_20190710-083805.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 2,841
  • Screenshot_Camera_20190710-082014.jpg
    Screenshot_Camera_20190710-082014.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,924
  • Screenshot_Magisk_Manager_20190710-091219.png
    Screenshot_Magisk_Manager_20190710-091219.png
    134 KB · Views: 2,879
Last edited:

Flyskea

Jul 12, 2017
- Camera (normal, wide, front) : works pretty well (I'm using MGC_6.2.030_MI9SE_V4_plus2 right now).
- Fingerprint : works as expected like the GSI's version (not as fast as miui and don't expect for an FOD while screen off or in ambient display).

Bugs that I know :
- Statusbar is untouchable. (I have to back to the launcher since it has swipe down gesture if I want to saw notification/qs)
- MTP is recognized but I can't open it on my system (Arch Linux x86_64, Thunar FM from xfce4 desktop)

- Magisk 19.3 stable

How can you boot into this rom?I always boot into fastboot

pbjr92

Mar 15, 2014
Porto Alegre

Bugs that I know :

- Magisk 19.3 stable

Only way to pull down the status bar is from the notch, or changing the "display cutout" to tall display cutout in the developer options.
MTP is working fine in macOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: okitavera

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Moscow
Bugs that I know :

Thx for the report!
Trying to figure out wtf is wrong with notifications pulldown menu, currently it can be pulled from the notch area or landscape mode only.
Btw MTP works OK on MacOS as for me.

Flyskea

Jul 12, 2017
Thx for the report!
Trying to figure out wtf is wrong with notifications pulldown menu, currently it can be pulled from the notch area or landscape mode only.
Btw MTP works OK on MacOS as for me.
MTP works for me on win,too.BTW,i cant touch the head of screen easily.And the statusbar shows few icons.Hope you can add more icons and dc

danbrown162

Mar 12, 2010

Bugs that I know :

- Magisk 19.3 stable

Great to see that the wide angle is working! Looking forward to the development of this! ?

joonhkt

Jul 10, 2019
Ah, great ! A full AOSP release, I was waiting for it.

Thanks a lot !

I guess it's impossible export/import message, images, contact, etc. without the google account?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HavocOS v2.7 22/07/2019
    During my spare time doing some experiments with custom ROM building for MI9SE, so decided to share may be it'll be useful for those who like AOSP expirience instead of "polished" MIUI.
    Compared to "general GSI" images it feels much better and almost everything works at first glance, but need to test more of course..

BUGS:
    There are some for sure, waiting to be discovered..

TODO
    Fix SELinux policy. Keep it as "permissive" as for now.

Installation & Requirements

Reqs:

Installation
    2. flash Havoc-OS-v2.7-20190722-grus-Unofficial.zip
    5. In case of bootloop (for me everything works without this step): flash vbmeta.img with fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (check GSI topics to obtain vbmeta file)

Credits to
    HavocOS Team
    @okitavera (ROM bundled with her kernel)

Links
    FaceUnlock module which works for me. Flash it using TWRP:
    TWRP_Face-Unlock-9-Pie.zip
    Optionally you can flash latest ANXCamera for MIUI camera experience.
    https://github.com/XEonAX/ANXCamera/releases/

Device tree
    https://github.com/faust93/android_device_xiaomi_grus
    https://github.com/faust93/android_device_xiaomi_sdm712-common

PPS: Clicking this link makes you buy me some beer. :)
    Changelog
    22/07/2019
    * Charge only mode fix
    * Sources sync with havoc repo

16/07/2019
    * In-call mic/handset fix

13/07/2019
    * Flicker-Free mode (experimental, shipped kernel is a must, will not work with Okita) (Settings->Display->at the very bottom)
    * Bring up QTI Telephony stack (manual SIM provisioning is now possible)

12/07/2019
    * Sources sync with Havoc repo
    * Color profiles fix (Settings->Display->Color profile)

10/07/2019
    * Unresponsive statusbar fixed
    * FaceUnlock fixed (though you still need to flash it, look up for Magisk faceunlock module or use this one for TWRP)
    * Several improvements regarding fingerprint UI
    * Some other minor improvements/fixes..
    Guys, I'm going to abandon further Havoc builds.
    It's quite good yes but excess of all that features makes it look like a cesspool, many of those 'features' are poorly implemented/ported and do not work correctly, affecting stability and other aspects as well.
    So I've switched to crDroid ROM myself and will focus on it further. it's based on LineageOS and contains all the needed features and works much better in my oppinion.
    You can give it a try: crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190724-grus-v5.6.zip
    I'll create a separate topic here soon, providing more info.
    Since I cant maintain both ROMs at the same time (simply have no resources for this) volunteers are welcome to keep up with Havoc.
    Will it be possible in the future to disable one of the sim cards? I can do that with MIUI. Having both sim cards always on drains a lot of battery. I use my second sim card for mobile data only, so I don't need to keep it always on.

Check today's build.
    After flashing okita kernel, issues like lagging and top bar swipe are fixed. For me i guess
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone