aneeshprasobhan

Jun 9, 2012
Trivandrum
YouTube Stuttering for 1080p 60fps Videos

Hello,

Device: SM-N9005
ROM: PixelExperience-20181101-1420-OFFICIAL
Kernel: 3.4.113-lineageos-g7a3b6080ee8 ([email protected]) #1 Thu Nov 1

I noticed that there was stuttering and frames skipping while playing YouTube 1080p 60fps videos so I installed an app called CPU float which shows the Processor and GPU core frequencies (in a floating window) and I saw that whenever I play a youtube video (1080p 60fps), if I do not touch the screen for few seconds, all processor cores comes down to 300MHz and video starts to stutter, and the instant I touch the screen, the frequency shoots upto 1200 Mhz (and above on all cores) and the stutter vanishes.

I do not know if this is a governor settings issue. I have taken a logcat while playing a video which stutters on my phone. I dont know if it helps but I have attached it.

Also, when I tested with Lolz Kernel in previous builds (of the Pixel ROM), YouTube stuttering was not there. When I checked with CPU frequencies while the video was playing, I noticed that a single core was running above 1200 Mhz so video did not lag (for Lolz). The reason I dont want to use Lolz kernel is that for all other purposes, the lineageos kernel seems much better. (including webbrowsing, page scrolling smoothness, etc)

3DMark Scores:
Kernel: 3.4.113-lineageos = Score = 1158
Kernel: Lolz = Score 1037

I do not know if this can be fixed by using a simple tweak in kernel using Kernel Adiutor.
The default "go_highspeed_load" is set at 110 %. I tried changing it to 99% thinking that 110% might be causing the lag, but there was no difference in performance after changing the settings in the next boot. I do not know if the kernel even supports tweaks using Kernel Adiutor.
Could this be an issue with the YouTube app unable to use WakeLock options ?
I apologise if I posted this in the wrong thread. Please guide where I should post this.

Video I use for testing : https://youtu.be/NzDjJdwMYis
Make sure you set resolution as 1080p 60 fps , mine starts stuttering after 6 to 7 seconds into the video.

Thanks.

Attachments

• alogcat.2018-11-04-01-25-09+0530.txt
    65.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Dingo_N

Dec 15, 2010
Valencia
Hello,

I noticed that there was stuttering and frames skipping while playing YouTube 1080p 60fps videos so I installed an app called CPU float which shows the Processor and GPU core frequencies (in a floating window) and I saw that whenever I play a youtube video (1080p 60fps), if I do not touch the screen for few seconds, all processor cores comes down to 300MHz and video starts to stutter, and the instant I touch the screen, the frequency shoots upto 1200 Mhz (and above on all cores) and the stutter vanishes.

I do not know if this is a governor settings issue. I have taken a logcat while playing a video which stutters on my phone. I dont know if it helps but I have attached it.

Also, when I tested with Lolz Kernel in previous builds (of the Pixel ROM), YouTube stuttering was not there. When I checked with CPU frequencies while the video was playing, I noticed that a single core was running above 1200 Mhz so video did not lag (for Lolz). The reason I dont want to use Lolz kernel is that for all other purposes, the lineageos kernel seems much better. (including webbrowsing, page scrolling smoothness, etc)

3DMark Scores:

I do not know if this can be fixed by using a simple tweak in kernel using Kernel Adiutor.
The default "go_highspeed_load" is set at 110 %. I tried changing it to 99% thinking that 110% might be causing the lag, but there was no difference in performance after changing the settings in the next boot. I do not know if the kernel even supports tweaks using Kernel Adiutor.
I apologise if I posted this in the wrong thread. Please guide where I should post this.

Make sure you set resolution as 1080p 60 fps , mine starts stuttering after 6 to 7 seconds into the video.

Thanks.

https://youtu.be/LXb3EKWsInQ
Try with this vid. I don.t have problems :p it works perfect

+Ramin

Jul 21, 2012
Hello,

3DMark Scores:

Thanks.

Correct
I have this issue but not in normal speed, when I set speed to 1,25 or 1,5 or... after 2..3 sec start stuttering and frames skipping while playing YouTube 1080p 60fps or [email protected]
and after touch screen there is no stuttering but only for some second

Reactions: spurjan

nessuno10

Jul 6, 2013
39041 Brennero
For news, with the new version PixelExperience_hlte-9.0-20181101-1420-OFFICIAL.zip, it does not work anymore hotspots, it is activated and after 30 seconds comes off, someone found as a remedy :) :) Thank you for what you do to us all
Per notizia, con la nuova versione PixelExperience_hlte-9.0-20181101-1420-OFFICIAL.zip, non funziona piu hotspot, lo si attiva e dopo 30 secondi si stacca, qualcuno trovato come rimediare :) :) , grazie per quello che fate a noi tutti

J_viix__

Oct 23, 2017

EYahir91

Nov 7, 2018
México City
No certified device

Hi dude, first of all thanks for developing this rom.

Play Store shows that my phone is not certified, in fact of that I can't dowload Netflix and I think many other apps.

Do you know if this can be solved for my self?

Thanks again dude.

Bogdan010

Feb 29, 2016
Hi dude, first of all thanks for developing this rom.

Play Store shows that my phone is not certified, in fact of that I can't dowload Netflix and I think many other apps.

Do you know if this can be solved for my self?

Thanks again dude.
that's because SELinux is permissive. Don't change it to Enforcing… you'll face many errors

Reactions: EYahir91

Scorpionea

Dec 13, 2013
You tell me
that's because SELinux is permissive. Don't change it to Enforcing… you'll face many errors
Los 16 stock kernel is also permissive that I use and my playstore is certificated ,of course thanks to magisk.
@EYahir91
He should install magisk manager and magisk root ,then delete data from playstore and play service, activate magisk hide ,log back in to playstore and voila !

Bogdan010

Feb 29, 2016
Los 16 stock kernel is also permissive that I use and my playstore is certificated ,of course thanks to magisk.
@EYahir91
He should install magisk manager and magisk root ,then delete data from playstore and play service, activate magisk hide ,log back in to playstore and voila !
I can't pass safetynet but he should try

Marvino.

Nov 7, 2014
Egypt
@EYahir91
Oh boy! This is the good medicine for that Google play issue! Mind to tell us why play store feels odd around magisk when visible to detections? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using XDA Labs

Oct 16, 2017
rom is ok for me thanks to the developer's hard work, my device is tmobile varient and the problem was the ril and there is no pixel nav bar and everything seems fine i didnt used it much, just used it for the 10 mins i guess, i didnt had much juice in my device so just wiped it and went back to the RR Nougat. i wish there will be new features soon! thanks again developer :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Galaxy Note 3 [HLTE/TMO/CHN/KOR]

What's this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

What's working?
    WiFi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    No NFC (drain battery)
    Bluetooth call issues
    Every time you reboot, clean cache & dalvik cache, or device will splashloop. This is a stock kernel issue, happens on all pie builds with stock rom, working on it
    Hotspot

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    HLTE: Download from Pixel Experience website
    HLTETMO: Download from Pixel Experience website
    HLTECHN: Download from Pixel Experience website
    HLTEKOR: Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Click here

Thanks to:
    @haggertk (LineageOS team)
    @jprimero15 (bro)
    @widwhal (for inspiring me and helping to build my first ROM)
    And to all devs and contributors ^^
    Also, a special thanks to hlte Telegram group. Guys, you're the best.
    If someone want to join the group: https://t.me/galaxynotethree

Instructions:
    Clean flash/Coming from another ROM:
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Make nandroid backup (not necessary, but at your own risk if something goes wrong)
    Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik
    Flash the latest build
    Reboot

Dirty flash/Updating:
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe cache, system and dalvik
    Flash the latest build (Magisk if you use it)
    Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience, ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    J_viix__
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/PixelExperience[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9 Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-10-17
    Last Updated 2018-11-20
    I've sad news for you, guys.

Unfortunately, I can't develop more for Note 3. SIM hardware of my Note 3 is broken, but yes, that's not a reason for stop this... but, the fact that I don't have a server anymore, it's a big reason for this. Also, my exams doesn't let me much time for this.

It's been amazing to develop for Note 3. Really, I started to develop for this device at the beginning of this year, and I've learned a lot of this. But, sadly, I can't continue with this. 19/11 is gonna be my last build for Note 3, and now I have a Xiaomi Mi A2. If someone wants to maintain Pixel Experience for hlte, go for it.

It's so sad to say the fact that I've to leave this. Really, I've made good friends here. I hope that you've enjoyed my builds, my work and appreciated my effort on this. It's time to move on.
    If someone wants to contact me, for anything, you'll found me here: https://t.me/galaxynotethree

See you, guys. Love you.
    Javi.
    Hello there guys!

I've some fresh news.
    Sorry for the delay of releasing new builds, but I had some exams. Also, I was to release new builds 2 days ago, but dark theme wasn't working, but ROM dev said that was fixed, so I didn't release it. Anyway, new builds!

November security patch, Now Playing feature, smoother UI (at least for me), GApps updated, some denials of SELinux fixed and more under the hood! Check it out:

Hotspot isn't fixed yet, but don't worry. It'll be fixed. :)

Enjoy!
    New builds guys!

Enforcing kernel, hotspot fixed, GApps updated and more under the hood! Check it out guys!

Enjoy!
    Hey, hello there.

Sorry for the delay of announcing the new builds. But yup, there're new builds.

I know the hotspot bug, and another things. I'll try to fix it ASAP. Anyway, there'll be new builds soon, new features over there.

Enjoy!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone