[ROM][9.0][LAND][2019/11/14][PR9]-PixelReloaded-[CAF/AOSP]

Search This thread

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
Hi @Swamoy thanks for all your efforts in making this ROM for land users. For my parents' phone (2gb non-fp variant) have installed this ROM - it was so far on xiaomi :(

I have clean flashed and installed the latest ROM of 14th November, 2019. So far all good including GPS - location was picked up accurately.

One thing regarding GPS, I don't see any option of location mode: High Accuracy, Battery Saving, Device only. Is that not enabled? Or am I missing something?

Also wanted to check if any way to enable DT2W feature? DT2S works well.

Swamoy

Hi @Swamoy thanks for all your efforts in making this ROM for land users. For my parents' phone (2gb non-fp variant) have installed this ROM - it was so far on xiaomi :(

I have clean flashed and installed the latest ROM of 14th November, 2019. So far all good including GPS - location was picked up accurately.

One thing regarding GPS, I don't see any option of location mode: High Accuracy, Battery Saving, Device only. Is that not enabled? Or am I missing something?

Also wanted to check if any way to enable DT2W feature? DT2S works well.

This is pixel ROM.. I don't know but may be pixel phones does not have these location modes that's why ROM developer doesn't include those option..

You don't need to worry ROM is smart enough to save your battery.. DT2W consumes battery that's why I have disabled it..

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
This is pixel ROM.. I don't know but may be pixel phones does not have these location modes that's why ROM developer doesn't include those option..

You don't need to worry ROM is smart enough to save your battery.. DT2W consumes battery that's why I have disabled it..

Thanks for the swift response.

yes DT2W has always been a battery consuming thing but learnt from users in TG that for your PR Pie Beta (no longer available) DT2W has like 0% drain overnight and so thought of enabling it for my parents' phone.

Last edited:

Viceant01

Apr 14, 2019
How's your experience with new kernel?? Isn't it good enough??

Sorry for the late answer, but I don't use the phone too much and didn't notice a huge difference. Now I've updated my PE plus and I assure you I'm aware of its poor battery performance If I compare with the kernel you provided. But, as I said, because my minimum use, I'll wait for the new update.

Kano_hvc

Oct 20, 2019
Audio bug in video recording

Finally i found a solution for fixing the audio bug. Changing audio parameters for video recording fix It. The correct audio parameters are 128000 bitrate and 44100 sample rate. I tested It with an aplicattion than allows to manually set them and audio in video recording is perfect, without noise. The problem is that i don't know wich file i need to modify to make It work with the default camera app. The app i used to test It was Cinema fv-5 lite. I thought these settings are on media_profiles.xml, but i don't know where that file is.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Hi, Swamoy.
Looking for media_profiles.xml in /system/etc/ but there is not such file to modify audio encoder parameters. Is that correct and there is another place where i can modify them or i must create it manually?

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
Fellow Users,

May I know, what are the charging current seen by you for latest build?

I am not seeing anything more than 1200 mah

Kano_hvc

Oct 20, 2019
Finally i found a solution for fixing the audio bug. Changing audio parameters for video recording fix It. The correct audio parameters are 128000 bitrate and 44100 sample rate. I tested It with an aplicattion than allows to manually set them and audio in video recording is perfect, without noise. The problem is that i don't know wich file i need to modify to make It work with the default camera app. The app i used to test It was Cinema fv-5 lite. I thought these settings are on media_profiles.xml, but i don't know where that file is.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Hi, Swamoy.
Looking for media_profiles.xml in /system/etc/ but there is not such file to modify audio encoder parameters. Is that correct and there is another place where i can modify them or i must create it manually?

I have made new tests with Cinema-fv5 and i can record audio in video with 224000 bitrate and 48khz sample rate without issues. But when i set It on automatic builtin mic specs then again no sound/noise on recording. I don't have idea how to solve it. I found media_profiles_v1_0.xml on /system/vendor/etc and all parameters seems ok (no one exceeded 224000/48000) except AudioEncoderCap name="lpcm" enabled="true" minBitRate="768000" maxBitRate="4608000"

Last edited:

tomin01

Aug 6, 2016
@Swamoy any way to add weather on lockscreen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191209-095409.jpg
    Screenshot_20191209-095409.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 258

Viceant01

Apr 14, 2019
Is there any way recommended to save and reload your personal data when you change between Android versions? I know there are various ways, but which is more reliable?

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3S mediante Tapatalk

shankar_vl

Mar 23, 2016
I have been using the rom for the last two weeks. Rom is super smooth, apps function without stagger, hiccups. It must be due to the efficient RAM management which in turn may due to CAF sources. First time for me tasting the caf sources. @Swamoy, you have done a good job by coming out with a hybrid version of pixel with Caf kernel sources. Really you have done a magic. With all goodies of pixel experience, caf's efficiency, for me the best pie rom ever for land.
Apart from the smoothness, a special mention has to be made about the quality of screen resolution the rom had effected. Views on the screen have become crystal clear. It is joy to see them all with google's dialer, message, calender, calculator, etc.
I thank you for bringing the Google's pixel with robustness to the land. Hope you continue the development despite caf edition of pixel experience is discontinued. All the best in your endeavour. Looking forward to the perfect pixel Android 10.

Edit: phone call audio is at barest minimum. Any tweak to improve phone call audio?

Last edited:
Reactions: keemi and Swamoy

|Chaos|

Feb 8, 2019
My system is consuming 1gb ram in my 2gb I have already followed all your steps + I disable many services that I don't use .
Still very high ram usage any help ?

My internet runs very very slow in Jio in this ROM only any fix for this ???
Pls help

Alan0101

Jan 5, 2018
My system is consuming 1gb ram in my 2gb I have already followed all your steps + I disable many services that I don't use .
Still very high ram usage any help ?

My internet runs very very slow in Jio in this ROM only any fix for this ???
Pls help
Don't worry about ram. It's more useful when full than being empty.
For internet speed you should flash AOSP extended boot.img.

Reactions: |Chaos|

svbsmanyam

Apr 14, 2015
FM Radio No audio output from speaker or earphones ... Now start working catch and data deleted force stopped and then restarted but there is bug persists:cowboy:

Last edited:

svbsmanyam

Apr 14, 2015
What a strange thing if u connect earphones then open FM no audio then immediately lock the screen fm radio starts audio:confused:

Roshin1401

Jul 22, 2018
Sorry for the noob doubt but, if R3S have SD430 then why the caf tag is of SD845. Most of the rom devs do the same.

Anyone plsss explain the "tech" :laugh: behind this

Swamoy

Sorry for the noob doubt but, if R3S have SD430 then why the caf tag is of SD845. Most of the rom devs do the same.

Anyone plsss explain the "tech" :laugh: behind this

To build an Android ROM, we need 4 sources..

1. System or OS source
2. Device Specific source
3. Vendor Specific source
4. Kernel Specific source

System means Android OS is same to every Android device.. So we always try to grab latest published CAF system source for latest hardware..

But as every device has their own specifications, so we need to use device specific device, vendor and kernel source..

So my device, vendor and kernel sources are sd430 supported but system source is latest published CAF source for recent hardware..

Enjoy.. Happy Learning..

Last edited:

Roshin1401

Jul 22, 2018
To build an Android ROM, we need 4 sources..

1. System or OS source
2. Device Specific source
3. Vendor Specific source
4. Kernel Specific source

System means Android OS is same to every Android device.. So we always try to grab latest published CAF system source for latest hardware..

But as every device has their own specifications, so we need to use device specific device, vendor and kernel source..

So my device, vendor and kernel sources are sd430 supported but system source is latest published CAF source for recent hardware..

Enjoy.. Happy Learning..
Thanks much. Understood now:fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Is there optimized vendor and kernel sources for a specific soc?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelReloaded for Redmi 3S [LAND]

What is this?
    PixelReloaded is a CAF based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

We all know Pixel Experience CAF version has been officially discontinued.. But as I love this particular version very much so I though why don't I give it some more life.. That's why I made this build.. Hopefully everyone will enjoy it.. For merging latest security patches and stuff, I need some active development, that's why I choose ReloadedOS as CAF base and add all PE features on it.. And name it PixelReloaded.. Basically it's an unofficial build of Pixel Experience..

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock

Known issues
    Goodix Fingerprint

SELinux status
    Enforcing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    DOWNLOAD

=> Thanks and Credits

* @riteshsaxena sir for CAF source and most cherry picked code
    * @darshan1205 sir for initial kernel source
    * @anshumanxda bhai for first appreciation
    * @abhishekpandey7148 bhai for sharing my thread on telegram
    * All testers and bhais including @Nileshyoyo111 bro, @adiedulearn bhai, @wasim814 bhai, @Akansh25 bhai, @sreeharimkl bhai and so on..

Above all, special love(not thanks) for my brother/my tester/my ak47() @Ajay kumar 7..
    => Change logs (10th August, 2019)

1. Merged latest security patch
    2. Merged latest kernel tag (3.18)
    3. Removed double tap to wake (consuming unnecessary power)
    4. Performance improvement

=> Change logs (16th August, 2019)

1. No Statusbar Settings
    2. No Button Settings
    3. No Ambient Display (For IPS display, it doesn't make any sense to me)
    4. No Double Tap Statusbar Setting
    5. No Pocket Detection Setting
    6. Included latest AOSP Kernel tag (11th Aug)
    7. Bug fixes and performance improvement

=> Introducing PixelReloaded

Now our CAF source is Reloaded-CAF and ROM source is PE.. From this build, it's only CAF build not AOSP/CAF build..

=> Change logs (22nd August, 2019)

1. CAF source changed to Reloaded
    2. Source is merged with latest CAF tag
    3. Selinux is enforcing now (Thanks to Ritesh bhai)
    4. As it's now only CAF, security patch falls again to 5th July, 2019..
    5. All old customisation of PE branch joins the party again

=> Change logs (26th August, 2019)

1. Reloaded source merged with latest CAF tag
    2. Latest 3.18 kernel source from AOSP merged
    3. Now most of the basic apps are coming from developing branch pie or reloaded, instead of closed branch pie-caf
    4. Calendar bug fixed
    5. Removed unwanted packages from source that helps me to reduce 3-4mb zip size (That's huge, isn't it??) ??
    6. Lots of internal changes here and there
    7. Pixel settings merged (not pe+)

=> Change logs (30th August, 2019)

1. Latest AOSP 3.18 kernel tag merged
    2. Offline charging bug fixed
    3. Pixel AOSP pie settings back again
    4. Base framework of pixel-caf edited to support AOSP settings app
    5. Pixel Launcher permission issue fixed
    6. Performance improvement
    7. Device Sepolicy changed from reloaded to pixel
    8. MI Sound Enhancer issue fixed

=> Change logs (4th September, 2019)

1. Source is completely merged with latest CAF tag
    2. Each and every package is coming from developing branch
    3. Old settings joined party again
    4. System performance improvements

=> Change logs (12th October, 2019)

1. Merged latest CAF source
    2. Merged latest complete PE9+ development
    3. Security patch updated to latest one
    4. PE9+ project added so all customisation of it joined (but no volte icon)
    5. System performance improved
    6. Reloaded kernel added by default
    7. Maybe something more here and there

=> Change logs (15th October, 2019)

1. Audio Configuration changed to PIE-CAF
    2. LCD density changed to 320
    3. GPS navigation issue solved
    4. Merged GPS configs from old PIE-CAF branch
    5. Some minor bugs fixed
    6. System is now more stable

=> Change logs (17th October, 2019)

1. Latest CAF source merged
    2. PE9+ project updated to current latest
    3. System level changes for source merging
    4. System sepolicy changed from PE9 to Reloaded
    5. Sensors issue solved
    6. Maybe something more here and there

=> Change logs (14th November, 2019)

1. Latest CAF source merged (7.1.r1-17200)
    2. PE9+ source upstreamed
    3. Official PE9+ device/vendor source added
    4. Latest November security patch
    5. Performance improved
    6. Sound improved

=> Next update coming soon

=> Tips

1. Set battery optimization restricted manually for unimportant apps like games, social apps etc.. It'll give you better BB..

2. Set notification dots off for pixel launcher for even more BB..

3. If you feel system is lagging then restart once, it'll clear junk files and give you some extra RAM..

=> Screenshots from initial development
    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

=> Change logs (12th October, 2019)

1. Merged latest CAF source
    2. Merged latest complete PE9+ development
    3. Security patch updated to latest one
    4. PE9+ project added so all customisation of it joined (but no volte icon)
    5. System performance improved
    6. Reloaded kernel added by default
    7. Maybe something more here and there

=> Bugs

You tell me, I haven't found anything.. Maybe Goodix Fingerprint not working..

=> Thanks

1. Henry sir for ROM source
    2. Ritesh sir for KERNEL source
    3. Jacob bhai for DEVICE source
    4. Swamoy for source merging, ROM building, error rectifying and so on..

=> Screenshots
    KERNEL UPDATE

=> Change Log:

Kernel merged with latest AOSP 3.18 kernel source

=> Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-cSLFpZxlCZowGtWAoLom0OH55inzGTz/view?usp=drivesdk

=> Flashing Guide:

1. Goto twrp
    2. Select Install tab
    3. Click "select image file" button (Right side bottom)
    4. Select downloaded boot.img
    5. Flash on boot partition
    6. Restart

=> Edit:

Please re-enable MI Sound Enhancer after flashing..

Enjoy..
    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

=> Introducing PixelReloaded

Now our CAF source is Reloaded-CAF and ROM source is PE.. From this build, it's only CAF build not AOSP/CAF build..

=> Change logs (22nd August, 2019)

1. CAF source changed to Reloaded
    2. Source is merged with latest CAF tag
    3. Selinux is enforcing now (Thanks to Ritesh bhai)
    4. As it's now only CAF, security patch falls again to 5th July, 2019..
    5. All customisation of PE branch joins the party again