• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][lavender] Pixel Experience [CAF][UNOFFICIAL][2019/06/26]

Search This thread

Mauco

May 5, 2019
yesterday the AOSP version of PE stopped to be official -do not know why-

anyway, I installed this CAF version + Evira Kernel 3.3 and performance and battery life are quite awesome. I still cannot tell about camera and/or proximity sensor or another bugs, but general impressions are quite good

For me at the moment the best daily driver rom. Proximity sensor ok and good battery life. GCam ok but little trouble with Wi-Fi speed (with no Evira kernel installed). I face a little lag on scroll in apps but all works good!

petoxxx

May 1, 2013
Flashing and source code

Hi,
I have problem with flashing this as I'm getting
"ERROR: This package requires firmware from MIUI 10.3.5.0 or newer. Please upgrade firmware and retry!"
but I am on EEA channel that has only MIUI 10.3.4.0. Any idea on how to solve it without bricking my device?

And per GPL, could you please publish all the source code and build instructions? I tried getting manifest from your source code slash manifest (I cannot link it), get all the sources, then envsetup and "lunch aosp_lavender-user", but it cannot find the proper manifest.
Code:
build/make/core/product_config.mk:234: error: Can not locate config makefile for product "aosp_lavender".
09:58:42 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1
Device lavender not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from PixelExperience-Devices Github (*censored*/PixelExperience-Devices).
Repository for lavender not found in the PixelExperience-Devices Github repository list.
If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your .repo/local_manifests/pixel.xml
build/make/core/product_config.mk:234: error: Can not locate config makefile for product "aosp_lavender".
09:58:43 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1

** Don't have a product spec for: 'aosp_lavender'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

ZidaneRick

May 6, 2008
Hi,
I have problem with flashing this as I'm getting
"ERROR: This package requires firmware from MIUI 10.3.5.0 or newer. Please upgrade firmware and retry!"
but I am on EEA channel that has only MIUI 10.3.4.0. Any idea on how to solve it without bricking my device?

And per GPL, could you please publish all the source code and build instructions? I tried getting manifest from your source code slash manifest (I cannot link it), get all the sources, then envsetup and "lunch aosp_lavender-user", but it cannot find the proper manifest.
Code:
09:58:42 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1
Device lavender not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from PixelExperience-Devices Github (*censored*/PixelExperience-Devices).
Repository for lavender not found in the PixelExperience-Devices Github repository list.
If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your .repo/local_manifests/pixel.xml

** Don't have a product spec for: 'aosp_lavender'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

Not sure why they have put the older version number first. https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/#stable

You need to make sure you use the second option which is 10.3.6.

XzCAYr7.png

petoxxx

May 1, 2013
Not really sure if it makes any difference but the top one is EU global and the second one is global world
Yes, I couldn't flash "Global". MIUI complained about incorrect region. Only EEA (PFGEUXM) worked for me.

Asking because of rollback protection, otherwise I would just try whatever it costs.

arventaria

Feb 24, 2011
Great ROM! Just one issue for me: lockscreen doesn't show weather (nor ambient display). Any idea?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

IMTREX

I would like to add some findings regarding the proximity sensor, which is very essential for me to work. Especially when you call the display should go black, so you don't push buttons by mistake.

When upgrading to the latest version of this ROM, it did not work intitially.

However I got it to work by flashing the latest firmware, the one mentioned few posts above and by flashing Evira 3.3 kernel. Not sure if it would work with the stock kernel, when flashing the firmware I had already changed the kernel.

However updating to Evira 3.4 & Evira 3.5 again the proximity senser does not work, so I went back today to 3.3 and it works now again.

Perhaps that helps one or the other.

Edit: Wasn't working once more this morning, had to shutdown complete and restart, then it was working again. Next time I'll try to get some logs when not working once more.

Last edited:

marionetix

Jul 5, 2019
Essen
Hi, here are some bugs I find, with last version of the ROM and Evira 3.3

No Audio at all when recording video
No audio at all (wether hearing nor talking) when using car´s bluetooth
no talking when using BT headset (i can hear the other, but he doesnt hear me)
Proximity sensor doesnt work (not that bad, as you can turn the screen off with the power button)

zetret

Aug 8, 2015
Can someone please share a step-by-step set of steps to install this from an new in box Redmi Note 7. Where to start? What files must I have? Is there a good document?

Thanks!

rmeletti

Dec 20, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Switched to this ROM from the previous "Official" version and with Elvira Kernel I think it is actually much better. No more issues with the proximity sensor as I had before.

In fact, the only thing that keeps annoying me is the laggy video experience on Whatsapp video call. I rely very much on that feature since I live abroad.

LionHeart90

Nov 14, 2018
Just to know, I know that i dont have ask about any updates etc, but this is not the question. Is the maintenance of the PE CAF terminated or am I wrong? @Ghoul159

rmeletti

Dec 20, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Correction

Switched to this ROM from the previous "Official" version and with Elvira Kernel I think it is actually much better. No more issues with the proximity sensor as I had before.

In fact, the only thing that keeps annoying me is the laggy video experience on Whatsapp video call. I rely very much on that feature since I live abroad.

Correcting my last post: Video recorded with Gcam has no audio. This is a dealbreaker.

15rmu01

Apr 20, 2019
Hi guys,
I have the problem, that the Netflix app in the g playstore is not allowed to install. Does someone know how to fix it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7[lavender]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an CAF based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock

Known issues
    Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience Pie, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors
    jhenrique09, GuaiYiHu, dianlujitao
    Source Code: https://github.com/Bladeyy/kernel_xiaomi_lavender

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2019-06-11
    Last Updated 2019-06-26
    Second Build is up! - 16/06/2019

Device changelog

- Added Display cutout layout
    - Added AOD
    - Added Dirac QS tile
    - Updated vector icons of XiaomiParts
    - Added support for f2fs (Only for data partition tho)
    - Fixed dirac denials
    - Matched Stock Vibration pattern
    - Fixed whatsapp lag (sed thing)
    - Synced changes from 9.6.13 and updated camera blobs
    - Kernel upstreamed to v4.4.181
    - Added Kcal support and f2fs fixes

Source changelog

- June security patch (9.0.0_r40)
    - Theming and fonts improved
    - Network traffic indicator improved
    - Translations updated
    - Google apps updated
    - Bring back night display on some devices (Additional LiveDisplay settings will be there)
    - Improved behavior of automatic theme based on time
    - Others fixes

Download link - https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117896893

Enjoy xD
    New Build Is UP!

26/06/2019

- AOD fixes (Transitions are smooth)
    - Uses MIUI display cutout
    - Force enable Volte/Vilte
    - Wifi configs update from 9.6.20
    - Enabled Nightlight (Livedisplay also available)
    - Updated blobs from LA.UM.7.2.r1-06900-sdm660.0
    - Updated Camera Blobs listing
    - Gps fixes
    - Supports newer baseband versions (Requires 10.3.5 or newer firmware)
    - Enabled 4k on front cam
    - Miscellaneous fixes
    - Battery stats fixed
    - Reenabled HAL3 (Reep whatsapp/native video calling - Want these? disable hal3 :)

Download - Post #3

Note: Requires cleanflash but dirty also fine. If you happen to face any issues while flashing over the old build, then do clean flash. As for procedure, you know the usual drill!
    Initial Build - 11/06/2019

Download - PixelExperience_caf_lavender-9.0-20190611-0333-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Changelog:-
    - Fixed SDcard detection (Confirmed by users)
    - Fixed AOD derp in advanced settings
    - Fixed hotspot
    - Increased in call ui speaker volume
    - Default density is 409 (Set to match stock ppi)
    - Kernel upstreams from LA.UM.7.2.r1-07000-sdm660.0
    - Synced changes , and updated blobs from MIUI 9.5.30 China

Note: Recommended firmware(from MIUI V10.3.5.0.PFGMIXM)
    Recommended recovery: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397954270