[ROM][9.0][ LineageOS 16.0 For MediaPad M3 Lite 8/10 ]

Search This thread

Lothgar

Oct 5, 2014
Rome
For those who own the the M3 Lite 8.0 with build number CPN-L09 and used this custom ROM, did the performance somehow improved when playing games or when the device is used heavily when compared to the stock ROM? Apologies if this reply is somehow a bit off from the thread's discussion. If this does not suit to the topic at hand, I can delete this post.

I haven't tried flashing a custom ROM on mine since its only been a year when i purchased it and I do not want to risk on bricking it, voiding the warranty (if it still has), nor I have the bootloader unlocked. Now the reason why I'm asking is that I've factory reset the device for around 3-4 times but when playing games (not even graphics-intensive), I can feel the device struggling randomly where I resort on turning on the 'Force GPU Rendering' and have 'Low Resolution Power Saving' just to make it bearable.

I have your model, with this rom the tablet is waaaay smoother. Its just better than the huawei crap.
Obviusly there are still some bugs, but im sure most of them will be fixed, we are in good hands! :highfive:

If you have any questions on how to install or more details just ask!

Crongar

Jul 14, 2019
Thank you very much for this ROM.

I have a Huawei M8 Lite, BTV-DL09. Does this ROM also works with this device?

frankieuk

May 13, 2016
I had heating problems with the stock firmware but with this no problems at all. Extremely fast with games and install games and app, Not one single problem so far! you are a genius!.

Reactions: surdu_petru

30adi

Feb 24, 2012
Nexus 6
Huawei Mediapad M3
Is there any way to port this rom for the mediapad m3 8.4? BTV-DL09 device.

Well done!
Greetings from RO!

Edit: Bad question...just saw the answer on the previous page :(

Last edited:

p0wehi

Aug 11, 2019
installed last TWRP build (11/08), but LOS16 still gets stuck at setup wizard. no touch response at all! (vision settings button at the bottom of the page keeps flashing in series of 3, if this can help at all)

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
installed last TWRP build (11/08), but LOS16 still gets stuck at setup wizard. no touch response at all! (vision settings button at the bottom of the page keeps flashing in series of 3, if this can help at all)

Sure, you can't use LOS 16.0 because I need to update the ROM with the last touchscreen drivers implementation .

You should wait the new update :)

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
New LOS Update !

Hello !

I just uploaded a new update of LOS 16.0 ( into OP ), this time seems to be working well on all MediaPad M3 Lite devices !

Some devices, usually M3 Lite 10 will have a small flickering display issue - so you need to install the new boot.img in order to fix this .

Best regards !

Reactions: fallensoldier

fallensoldier

Mar 19, 2011
Hello !

I just uploaded a new update of LOS 16.0 ( into OP ), this time seems to be working well on all MediaPad M3 Lite devices !

Some devices, usually M3 Lite 10 will have a small flickering display issue - so you need to install the new boot.img in order to fix this .

Best regards !

Working for me :), thanks alot man.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
New Update LOS 16.0 !

Hello !

I just updated LOS 16.0 with a new version .... on the previous version, there was some flickering issues on display for some devices . This was fixed in this update !

Reactions: oddhap

oddhap

Apr 6, 2009
Thanks for making this! Installed on my M3-Lite 10 BAH-W09, after install I get setup screen for 2 seconds, then screen only displays some odd colors. https://imgur.com/a/WsBnqeX

Edit: After 4 reboots it started working :)

Edit 2: It stopped working after another reboot. It needs 3-4 reboots to get going again. Also home button don't work (fingerprint do).

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Thanks for making this! Installed on my M3-Lite 10 BAH-W09, after install I get setup screen for 2 seconds, then screen only displays some odd colors. https://imgur.com/a/WsBnqeX

Edit: After 4 reboots it started working :)

Edit 2: It stopped working after another reboot. It needs 3-4 reboots to get going again. Also home button don't work (fingerprint do).

Yes, I know this issue ... but it doesn't happen all the time :)

No, home button wasn't implemented, only fingerprint .

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi !

I started re-worked kernel update in order to fix the annoying boot issues .

There will be a new update in a few days, maybe even faster if I manage to fix these issues.

After this fix, I'll re start to work on Camera.

Thanks for understanding !

Reactions: oddhap

p0wehi

Aug 11, 2019
seems like i can't manage to get los working without gapps. tablet keeps restarting when loading os.
anyway, los+gapps work pretty well! i'm writing this from my rooted m3lite8 running @surdu petru 's LOS16. thank you man, you're the best!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LOS.png

Please note that this ROM is one of my side projects, for which I could provide zero warranty. By installing this ROM, you acknowledge that you take all the risks that come with installing custom firmwares on your devices, including but not limited to bricking your device, losing your data, etc.

Devices Supported :

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 :

BAH-AL00/BAH-L01/BAH-L09/BAH-W09

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8 :
    CPN-AL00/CPN-L0J/CPN-L09/CPN-W09

About LineageOS:

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

* Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Warning !
    Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

Downloads:

lineage-16.0-20190822-UNOFFICIAL-bach.zip

lineage-16.0-20191112-UNOFFICIAL-bach.zip

GApps : ARM64 - Android 9.0 - your choice ( recomanded : mini/micro or nano ) !

Instructions:

1. unlock bootloader & install TWRP 3.2.0-0
    2. plug USB cable to your Desktop/Laptop for copy files ( or add them to a external storage/microSD card )
    3. take a backup
    4. format /data
    5. reboot device again to TWRP to be able to use /data
    6. Wipe all apart External Storage
    7. copy LOS16.0 ROM & GApps to Internal/External Storage ***
    8. go to Install -> check the LOS zip file
    9. Add more Zips
    10. check GApps zip file
    11 Swipe to confirm Flash
    12. Wipe cache/dalvik -> Swipe to Wipe
    13. Reboot System
    14. Enjoy !
    15. Later you can install the new TWRP 3.3.1-0 !

*** if you flash this ROM for the first time, please install 20190822 version & GApps &
    complete the full settings of GApps, in order to be able to update your device to the last LOS 16.0 ROM !
    You can update to the last ROM available by dary flash !

What's working | Not working

*Please check the second post !

Credits:

LineageOS Team

Greg Kroah-Hartman for keep alive 3.18.y kernel !

Kernel Source Code : android_kernel_huawei_bach Branch: pie !

Screenshots :

Screenshot-20190704-205419-Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot-20190704-205432-Trebuchet.png

Screenshot-20190704-205442-Settings.png
    Screenshot-20190704-205458-Settings.png

Best Regards !
    Antutu v7.2.2

AnTuTu Benchmark v7.2.2 on

Huawei-M3-Lite.jpg

final score :

Screenshot-20190704-221013-An-Tu-Tu-Benchmark.png
    New Update LOS 16.0 12/11/2019 !

Hello !

As I already announced, today I present a new update of LOS 16.0 ( Android Pie ) for our device !

( Please check OP for downloads )

ChangeLog :

* update security patch level to November 5, 2019
    * removed SIM support for all devices which are wifi only
    * added Flip Cover support :
    - it will not working for the first time
    - try to open and close the cover, to initialize the sensor
    - in two or three seconds you'll hear a specific sound of the lock screen
    - when you remove the cover, the screen will switch to on automatically - and the device will stay locked .

Screenshot-20191112-055220-Settings.png

Best regards !
    What's Working & Not Working on LOS 16.0 !

Working :
    1. touch display
    2. audio
    3. video
    4. gps
    5. sensors
    6. wifi
    7. wifi/usb/bluetooth hotspot/tethering
    8. bluetooth
    9. data/4G/LTE
    10. fingerprint scanner
    11. video camera recorder

Still Not Working :
    1. camera ( photo )
    2. we need to use wired or bluetooth headphones to make or receive a call ( the sound on speaker/mic of the tablet seems to be broken )

Extra feature :
    1. Display Color Calibration using KCAL
    2. custom off mode charging
    3. Flip Cover
    Last Update of LOS 16.0 !!!

Hello !

There is a new update of LOS 16.0 for your device into OP !

This could be also the last update of LOS 16.0 as LOS 17.0 ( Android 10 ) is already running on my device ... and may be the next update of LOS next time !

ChangeLog :

* update security patch level to October 5, 2019 !
    * added back multi user account
    * enable surround sound
    * added sustained Performance Mode
    * fixed launcher issue in landscape mode

Best regards !

LOS 17.0 Android 10 on MediaPad M3 Lite 10

Screenshot-20191020-003511-Settings.png