[ROM][9.0][N5100/N5110/N5120][UNOFFICIAL] /e/

Search This thread

vuut

Jun 8, 2012
NHA TRANG city
Here my review with a GTN5100 and the latest ROM from today:
  • Very smooth experience bringing fresh and new life to my trusted device
  • WIFI working out of the box
  • Pairing of a bluetooth headset worked. Tests needed on microphone and sound quality. This was always an issue with other ROMs for the device
  • LTE not recognized. when starting any app related to mobile data or phone I get a crash of com.android.phone. SW gets unresponsive and needs to be closed. Some restarts did not do the trick. Mobile data was working on other ROMs before.
  • SPencommand did not start. SW was compatible up to Oreo based on the website. Still digitizer i able to work with the pen as a pointing device.
  • I can only applaud the developer 👏. This is fantastic and with /e/ being the basis I do not need to do all the MicroG and other steps in setup myself.
Please let me know, where I can help for the 5100
which gaaps can we choice Arm or Arm 64??

TibReg

Feb 11, 2016
Will we see an update also for this rom similar to the lineage OS version with 16.0? That would be really great.

TibReg

Feb 11, 2016
Question to palm rejection: I am fine with the general use of SPen on any lineage based devices. With this ROM I like, that I can switch on the pointer. What about palm rejection? The biggest issue for me is hitting accidentally the back or menu button. Any setting/ app/magisk plug-in to improve or even customize the behavior?

html6405

Recognized Developer
Question to palm rejection: I am fine with the general use of SPen on any lineage based devices. With this ROM I like, that I can switch on the pointer. What about palm rejection? The biggest issue for me is hitting accidentally the back or menu button. Any setting/ app/magisk plug-in to improve or even customize the behavior?
Hmm good question, the softkey's are ment to be enabled while using the pen.
I think they do not see any difference hardware related if you press it with your finger or the pen,
so I see no software way to create a palm rejection for them.

TibReg

Feb 11, 2016
Yes, it works, with working meaning it works as a pointer and it can be used e.g to scribble notes in Nebo or for drawing.

in regards to palm rejection - hitting accidentally the „back“ button is annoying. Therefore I often use the Tablet in landscape mode when drawing or scribbling. Never mind, probably there are „ bigger fish’s to fry“

DeaTl

May 13, 2021
Is there any near publication of the just released version of e os 0.18 ?
Am thinking of it as a next update on this ROM.

Stpiex

Oct 24, 2021
@html6405
Hi
Your work is really great, thank you very much
I had to replace the battery after installing your ROM, and now when the battery percentage reaches 40, the device suddenly shuts down I calibrated it and it didn't answer Do you think I should reinstall the ROM ?!

Sebastianz33

Nov 7, 2021
Hey, today I created XDA account JUST FOR THE SAKE OF WANTING TO SAY THANK YOU, TO YOU. I have been following XDA forums since 10 years ago but never had I created any account, but today, I am truly grateful and beyond happy!

Last 2 days, my GTN5100 suddenly stopped working, unable to start , charging not working, booting loop problem, I research countless of ways to restore and revive this 10 years old + device and to my surprise, after several of attempts and testing, I USED YOUR LINEAGE 18 AND ARM PICO ANDR 11 AND ITS WORKING SUPER SMOOTHLY! Previously I was using cyanogen 13, and its super lags despite its running, but using your firmware (of which fixing all the problems I had in CM 13) it felt like I'm having a new device! its comparatively so smooth and I want to thank you so much for giving us publicly to people like us!! I hope your days filled with happiness and I sincerely hope god to repay your kindness!! Thank you very much again, I just cant thank you enough!! thanks!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Hi,

here you can find my first versions for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 on /e/.

I'm actually in the middle of making it official, but at first I have to solve some remaining problems.

For all people, who doesnt know what /e/ should be,
    just take a look here:

Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Cameras
    Sensors
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    RIL
    GPS, 3D fix doesn't work, but navigation seems to work fine in my case.
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter
    • Bliss launcher won't rotate your screen, so I've included trebuchet from lineageos, only for testing
    Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][N5100/N5110/N5120][STABLE] /e/, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS, /e/

Version Information
    Alpha, built on LOS16.0
    Release Date: 2021-03-30

Created 2021-03-30
    Last Updated 2021-04-13
    Update 06.04.2021:
    • brought back BOARD_CANT_REALLOCATE_OMX_BUFFERS, this avoids for example Youtube Kids crash.
    Is there any near publication of the just released version of e os 0.18 ?
    Am thinking of it as a next update on this ROM.
    Very soon I will publish the official version.
    Update 10.04.2021:
    • Fixed selinux denials from last log (rw permissions for nv_data.bin, Baseband related)
    • Included Button to enable / disable stylus icon hovering
    • Fixed a bug in framework, the mouse icon wouldn't appear when stylus icon hovering is enabled without.
    • Enabled OTA from my server for future updates.
    It looks like a lot of the work for the GT-5100 is already done
    Oh yes, 99%, the /e/ team is a little bit pleasant on these devices, the dev builds are there since october, but I have to solve some issues before they will allow to publish it.