• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][N8000/N801x/N8020][OFFICIAL] /e/

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Dear ladies and gentlemen,
now it's official:

N8010 official /e/
N8000 official /e/
N8020 official /e/

I will push them also out via OTA.

I recommend you to instantly download nova launcher, because trebuchet is not allowed in official builds.
Also, the disable Stylus Icon function was removed, if this is really important, I could talk to the team again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhi2013

Abhi2013

Jul 3, 2021
Please add more s-pen features as gt n8000 come with a pen and its too laggy while writing.
I am also facing sudden reboot with the official e and the bliss launcher doesn't auto rotate on home screen
Also the pointer visible with the pen is distracting when writing using pen
Thanks😀

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Please add more s-pen features as gt n8000 come with a pen and its too laggy while writing.
I'm sorry, but I won't include more s-pen featueres. Firstly I don't know what you would like to have and secondly is there nothing available to include. I would have to start to develope them.
I am also facing sudden reboot with the official e and the bliss launcher doesn't auto rotate on home screen
Hmm acutally there shouldn't happen any sudden reboot, the Kernel is stable. But you could create a last_kmsg and send it to me.
Also good to know would be your device model.
It's known, that the bliss launcher doesn't support landscape mode, this is why I recommend to use the nova launcher.
Also the pointer visible with the pen is distracting when writing using pen
Also, the disable Stylus Icon function was removed, if this is really important, I could talk to the team again.

Abhi2013

Jul 3, 2021
I'm sorry, but I won't include more s-pen featueres. Firstly I don't know what you would like to have and secondly is there nothing available to include. I would have to start to develope them.

Hmm acutally there shouldn't happen any sudden reboot, the Kernel is stable. But you could create a last_kmsg and send it to me.
Also good to know would be your device model.
It's known, that the bliss launcher doesn't support landscape mode, this is why I recommend to use the nova launcher.
I am using GT-N8000 and i was talking about the pen features like when you perform search there should be a option to write with pen instead of typing like the stock rom used to.
I don't have any idea on how to create last_kmsg and i haven't faced any reboot issues since the last.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
I am using GT-N8000 and i was talking about the pen features like when you perform search there should be a option to write with pen instead of typing like the stock rom used to.
This does not exist in LineageOS.
I don't have any idea on how to create last_kmsg and i haven't faced any reboot issues since the last.
You could use the syslog app from the playstore for this,
or the terminal app and type:

su
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt

or enable usb debugging and use a pc and type:

adb shell
su
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt

Nov 4, 2008
Cape town
Hi.
I tried to install both versions from the N8000 official link. I am getting zip verification error eventhough the adb sideload on command line message says successfully transfered. Did anyone else experience this. I am using an older version of twrp, not sure if this cpuld be the issue.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Reactions: Chukzy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thank you very much for that rom
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Here you can see how far everything is working:

N8000, N8010, N8013, N8020:
    Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Cameras
    Sensors
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL N8000, N8020
    GPS, sometimes sattelites get los, I don't know why.
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    consumerir transmitter
    • Main camera sometimes can't take a picture in full resolution, you could simply reopen the app and retry, or you lower the resolution.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][N8000/N801x/N8020][STABLE] /e/, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS, /e/

Version Information
    stable
    Release Date: 2021-03-15

Created 2021-03-15
    Last Updated 2021-09-10
    I would say, let's start testing:

Maybe I will make it official, depending on if there are enough users.

The only thing what's really not so good at the moment is, that /e/'s Bliss launcher only supports portrait mode at the moment.
    But this isn't a big deal for yet, you can download another launcher of your choice (I'm using nova) from the app store.
    After reading a bit, it sounds good! Though I wonder if it has more customizations than LineageOS, as I know LineageOS is basically cyanogenmod but I have noticed there none of those cool features cyanogenmod had in the newer versions of LineageOS.
    /e/ isn't for customizations, they're more concerned about security/moving away from Google. I've used it before & the customization features are minimal, nothing more than Lineage.

That being said, it's a great ROM but I'll probably stick with @html6405 build of Lineage instead.
    Update 12.04.2021:
    • Fixed some selinux denials (rw permissions for nv_data.bin, Baseband related)
    • Included Button to enable / disable stylus icon hovering
    • Fixed a bug in framework, the mouse icon wouldn't appear when stylus icon hovering is enabled without.
    • Enabled OTA from my server for future updates.
    Ok,
    I will wait until next year, if we have more interested persons than 4 (like know :D),
    you will get it.

Hopefully people are interested then! I can't hardly wait to try out /e/

Google needs a huge reckoning, and the more users running non-Googled OSes... the better!